+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: County to play at CCS

County to play at CCS

Newport Country’s next two home games will be played at Cardiff City Stadium. v Bradford City on Tuesday 9th March (we have no midweek) and v Leyton Orient on Saturday 20th March. (when we are away to Swansea City)

Re: County to play at CCS

Connah's Quay Nomads, Newport County, Cardiff City....

Is there a record for UK ground hosting games from most teams in one season?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Connah's Quay Nomads, Newport County, Cardiff City....

Is there a record for UK ground hosting games from most teams in one season?
    Wembley.

Why's that then?

Could be a bit overwhelming for them 🤔

I really don't like helping them out.
    Their fan base Facking hates us I've worked in Newport it's wall to wall weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Their fan base Facking hates us I've worked in Newport it's wall to wall weapons.
    Do you think it fair that the majority of sensibly-behaved fans are tarred with the same brush as some idiots?
    Some posters on other clubs' message boards make make very negative comments about City fans based on the behaviour of our minority. Most fans of most clubs are probably decent human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Why's that then?
    They are having huge issues with the quality of their pitch, apparantly there are 5/6 different sports/teams using the pitch regularly

Could be the start of building bridges etc with our near neighbours. Might even be worth sending a few of our youngsters there for league football experience.

Are the jacks tied in with them or something ?

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    They are having huge issues with the quality of their pitch, apparantly there are 5/6 different sports/teams using the pitch regularly
    One of the 5/6 being Cardiff Blues.

I have friends in Newport and they dual support us and the Cwnty the support from them became a bigger attraction with our success in the last 10 years , now they seeing their own success they are returning to the Cwnty with a friendly eye on us .

Didnt we allow them to train at the CCS a while back?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Do you think it fair that the majority of sensibly-behaved fans are tarred with the same brush as some idiots?
    Some posters on other clubs' message boards make make very negative comments about City fans based on the behaviour of our minority. Most fans of most clubs are probably decent human beings.
    Like the use of the word probably
    Leaves it open to doubt over Leeds / Jacks

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    One of the 5/6 being Cardiff Blues.
    Rodney Parade ?

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Like the use of the word probably
    Leaves it open to doubt over Leeds / Jacks
    Most sensible football fans have more in common with sensible fans of other clubs than with the idiots within one's own club.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Rodney Parade ?
    Yep, the Cardiff Blues played a home game or two there this season I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Yep, the Cardiff Blues played a home game or two there this season I believe.
    The Arms Park pitch wasnt useable whilst the Dragon Heart hospital was operational in the Principality

Personally I wish them well. Of course most of their fans will be reasonable but for those who are a bit envious and prickly, I suggest that they should turn their attentions to their real rivals, Forest Green and Hereford.

With there being no fans don't know why can't use the athletics stadium used to play at. Seen them training on the faw pitch just across the road which I would have thought would have complied as used for all the coaching badges

Rodney Parade never used to have such a problem.
    It was only after the housing development built behind it.
    I guess the natural drainage to the river effected the water table?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    If you say so.
    But I say fack um.

I live in Bassaleg but Cardiff born and bred. I had a bloke around to have a look at sorting out some loose paving for me and all went well until he asked me who I support in football. When he found out I was a bluebird there was silence and he rushed off, texting me five minutes later to say he was too busy. Turns out he's one of their worst hooligans even though he's about 50

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I live in Bassaleg but Cardiff born and bred. I had a bloke around to have a look at sorting out some loose paving for me and all went well until he asked me who I support in football. When he found out I was a bluebird there was silence and he rushed off, texting me five minutes later to say he was too busy. Turns out he's one of their worst hooligans even though he's about 50
    That's Billy The Paverover ,lucky escape you had there .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    That's Billy The Paverover ,lucky escape you had there .

Who remembers the pitch at Somerton Park and seeing the players having problems when taking corners when the ball would roll away due the champfering effect from the speedway riders who had cut the corners?