+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Attack! Attack!...

Attack! Attack!...

If ever there was a game to pick your strongest attacking line-up then this must be it.

Huddersfield have deep injury problems and are bang out of form.

They've conceded the second highest number of goals in the division (51) and have collected just 4 points from the last 15 on offer or 6 from the last 30!

Having said that, their only win from the last 10 games was a 4-1 stuffing of Swansea at home.

And for the superstitious I believe tomorrow will be the first time in McCarthy's reign that City won't be wearing blue.

Re: Attack! Attack!...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    If ever there was a game to pick your strongest attacking line-up then this must be it.

They've conceded the second highest number of goals in the division (51) and have collected just 4 points from the last 15 on offer or 6 from the last 30!

Having said that, their only win from the last 10 games was a 4-1 stuffing of Swansea at home.

And for the superstitious I believe tomorrow will be the first time in McCarthy's reign that City won't be wearing blue.
    they will stuff us three nil

We are Cardiff City

Morrison scores tonight.

Still remember his virtual sitter early on in our premiership season.

If that goes in, our season could have been completely different.

We may not have been playing on a Friday night having just got back from an arduous journey in the Europa.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Morrison scores tonight.

Still remember his virtual sitter early on in our premiership season.

If that goes in, our season could have been completely different.

We may not have been playing on a Friday night having just got back from an arduous journey in the Europa.
    I had him first scorer for Bournemouth and Boro. He didn't come in for Derby but I fancy him tonight.

Lord knows where that stuffing of Swansea came from for Huddersfield because there's nothing else from them lately that comes remotely close to matching it. They manged to do four times in ninety minutes what we've not done in close to four hundred minutes (score against the jacks), so I don't think we should take anything for granted.

( Attack , Attack , Attack) I remember that headline in the Echo when it was a decent footy paper .

I felt City had to start their last Friday game against Huddersfield by going for them from the whistle; they were there for the taking it seemed to me. We didn't do that, allowed Huddersfield to get some momentum and we managed just a scoreless draw.

Tomorrow's fixture at home tomorrow against Forest is similar in that they're not in good form - just 2 goals and 3 draws from their last 6 games - and they're looking over their shoulders at the relegation spots as we face the run-in. However, they've played 4 of the top 6 in those games and have only lost by the odd goal each time (except Norwich who got 2). Clearly they would settle for a point right now and you can bet Houghton will set them up not to concede.

It seems to me City must play this one on the front foot from the first minute, not give Forest any respite at all and be set up to get that first goal early if possible or in the knowledge the pressure will be kept up relentlessly until it comes. We have strength in depth, at home (if that counts for anything) and in good form / heart. Go for it, Mick