+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone who thinks Mick McCarthy will take this team in to the Playoffs.......

Re: Anyone who thinks Mick McCarthy will take this team in to the Playoffs.......

Just ignore.

A jack and a ex city fan.

Re: Anyone who thinks Mick McCarthy will take this team in to the Playoffs.......

This guy 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Just ignore.

A jack and a ex city fan.
    How is that even possible? Who does that?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    no idea why people still fall for this
    I think most people know he’s a phoney......

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    No he wouldn't have, far worse teams in this division.
    Yes, there are far worse teams in this division.

But there weren't many, if there were any at all, worse managers than Harris!! The team really were headed for league 1 under his 'guidance'.

Have you watched the last two away games?

Painful.
    Are you so negative and daft on Planet Swans (or whatever it’s called) or is OTIB your normal messageboard? You’re certainly not a long time City fan, you’d have been underground up Thornhill having suffered heart failure had you witnessed the majesty of the likes of Jinking Jimmy Gardner

Let MM and the team have a good long week between games. Yes, it was crap last night but we have been so energetic it was bound to catch up.

If we can get to the last game of the season with something to play for its a season well done.

Comedy gold. I’d forgotten about this guy - but perhaps he’s always carried on posting under different names and I just hadn’t joined the dots. You have to admire the effort he’s put in though - this place would be pretty dull without the occasional village idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Comedy gold. I’d forgotten about this guy - but perhaps he’s always carried on posting under different names and I just hadn’t joined the dots. You have to admire the effort he’s put in though - this place would be pretty dull without the occasional village idiot.
    I was presuming he was sussed under the previous 22.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    He’s probably the Jack who has over 150 different usernames on another city site....funnily enough if disappeared for a good while when we got promoted and them relegated, amazingly he showed up again on relegation.....

Deluded is probably a bit strong as we are there or thereabouts but what he has done is keep our season alive a bit longer.

I don't believe we can keep up the form we've had until the end of the season but he's put a tremendous run together.

I wasn't a fan of bringing him in because I wanted to see some youngsters getting blooded and hoped that we'd try to get the club playing one way from top to bottom (and that isn't necessarily tippy tappy football) and I mistakenly had him as a Warnock clone and I judged him solely on his age.

He's started to give some game time to kids and the other element takes time.

If we don't make the playoffs I don't care and never have. I'd support Liverpool or Man U if I was only worried about winning stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    He absolutely will and I would bet you a kidney he does. Whether we can win them or not is the only thing in question
    I wouldn’t wager one of my kidneys on McCarthy.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I wouldn’t wager one of my kidneys on McCarthy.
    Didn't say my kidney..

It's terrible isn't it? 25 points in 11 games. 7 wins 4 draws and unbeaten. Last night was the first time we'd not scored under MM. What is McCarthy thinking of, coming in to our club and getting results like that? The OP would be happier if we'd lost 6 or 7 on the bounce, obviously, as he is a jack.

I can see us overtaking Bournemouth, but Barnsley are absolutely flying at the moment. They're three points ahead of us with a game in hand and they play at home against Derby on Wednesday.

11games to go, got to win 8 of those to get in the play offs , plus 2 more to reach the final. I don’t think so.

....is deluded.

The football is no better, than under Neil Harris.

Most games we only ever look like scoring, from a set piece or a throw in. It hasn’t changed since Warnock, didn’t change with Harris, not changing now.

The only difference, is he is digging out some results, at the moment.

Awful at Middlesborough, even worse tonight.

Huddersfield should have scored at least twice, and beaten us. And this against a Huddersfield team with one win in 12, and 10 players unavailable.

Some of his selections and substitutions, are mystifying.

Why would he leave Bacuna out after an excellent performance midweek with two well taken goals, and his confidence sky high?

Even worse, he didn’t even give him half an hour.

Joe Ralls absolutely stank the place out, yet played the whole game. It takes something to be the worst player on the field, with so many ‘worthy’ contenders out there tonight.

The ‘performance’ was complete and utter dross, with players rarely passing to anyone in the same colour shirt, just kicking it aimlessly downfield.

How could he think we didn’t need to freshen it up or get a spark off the bench and say throw on Bacuna and Hoilett.

And before anyone says we were excellent against Derby, they rested half their team for a more winnable game this weekend.

As supporters, we put up with rubbish performances if we’re grinding out the results.

But who honestly would want to watch the garbage offered in the last two away games, for a full season. The entertainment level, is zero.

Panic actions by the club offering MM a two year contract. I doubt there was anyone who wanted him, just his agent playing a blinder.

He would not have had a better offer than Cardiff, with his recent CV. His last few jobs, the supporters couldn’t wait to get rid of him.

The club should have waited until the off season, to evaluate things.

Regardless if anyone came in for him, I’m sure he’s contracted until then.

And in reality, they should have had someone lined up in the off season who was a younger more progressive manager to develop a more modern way of playing.

The only person happy tonight, is Neil Harris.

He’s sat there in the SKY studio thinking...... ‘at least they can’t blame me for that.’

Garbage!
    You are way off here.

Last night was certainly no classic and I entirely agreed with your sentiments about how utterly useless Harris was, but you have to give MM credit for getting the very same players who clearly had no time for Harris to suddenly go 11 games unbeaten.

We aren’t playing like Barcelona admittedly, and last night was a bit rubbish, especially the second half but....we got a point AND watching the team isn’t incredibly boring, which is EXACTLY what we had to endure under the previous manager.

Sadly i think Bluebird 23 is right. It is painfull and frustrating to watch and i dont think we'll quite make the play offs although i pray im wrong. It defeats me what they do in training when as professional footballers they cant even pass to a team mate. Lets be honest, when the defence have the ball all we do is hoof it up field. It really is like watching park football. Ok, unbeaten in eleven games by playing garbage football and on the fringe of the play offs but can you really accept playing like that every game. Even when we win at home we are outplayed and playing crap. I've seen every game this season and but for the odd game thats exactly how they have played. And im amazed that for a team that has an average of 30 to 40 per cent of possesion we are amonst the top 4 or 5 goalscorers in the division. Its funny how people are swayed by the performance when we win but we could play the same way and lose and people are cursing the way we've played. So lets have a wins and performances and even the doubters might start to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    Sadly i think Bluebird 23 is right. It is painfull and frustrating to watch and i dont think we'll quite make the play offs although i pray im wrong. It defeats me what they do in training when as professional footballers they cant even pass to a team mate. Lets be honest, when the defence have the ball all we do is hoof it up field. It really is like watching park football. Ok, unbeaten in eleven games by playing garbage football and on the fringe of the play offs but can you really accept playing like that every game. Even when we win at home we are outplayed and playing crap. I've seen every game this season and but for the odd game thats exactly how they have played. And im amazed that for a team that has an average of 30 to 40 per cent of possesion we are amonst the top 4 or 5 goalscorers in the division. Its funny how people are swayed by the performance when we win but we could play the same way and lose and people are cursing the way we've played. So lets have a wins and performances and even the doubters might start to believe.
    I'm 45 and have been supporting City for years.

Does anyone on this board remember City knocking it about like Barca or being super inventive like Hungary in the 60's.

It's been a shit fest for most of my life but who cares. Have a bit of fun and don't take it so seriously.

Its a few hundred quid a year to have a laugh, not guarantee success.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post

Does anyone on this board remember City knocking it about like Barca or being super inventive like Hungary in the 60's.

It's been a shit fest for most of my life but who cares. Have a bit of fun and don't take it so seriously.

Nobody is "super inventive" in this division but you only have to go back to the Bothroyd and Chopra era to see high quality football being played. Not many would argue that it was better than either of our promotion winning sides managed.

Even in our promotion year under Malky with Bellamy, Kimbo, Whitts and the rest we played some very good football at times so if by 'shit fest' you mean a poor standard of football being the Cardiff way I would have to disagree with you.

We've only become synonymous with a more direct, set-piece type of football over the last 5 years or less.

....is deluded.

The football is no better, than under Neil Harris.

Most games we only ever look like scoring, from a set piece or a throw in. It hasn’t changed since Warnock, didn’t change with Harris, not changing now.

The only difference, is he is digging out some results, at the moment.

Awful at Middlesborough, even worse tonight.

Huddersfield should have scored at least twice, and beaten us. And this against a Huddersfield team with one win in 12, and 10 players unavailable.

Some of his selections and substitutions, are mystifying.

Why would he leave Bacuna out after an excellent performance midweek with two well taken goals, and his confidence sky high?

Even worse, he didn’t even give him half an hour.

Joe Ralls absolutely stank the place out, yet played the whole game. It takes something to be the worst player on the field, with so many ‘worthy’ contenders out there tonight.

The ‘performance’ was complete and utter dross, with players rarely passing to anyone in the same colour shirt, just kicking it aimlessly downfield.

How could he think we didn’t need to freshen it up or get a spark off the bench and say throw on Bacuna and Hoilett.

And before anyone says we were excellent against Derby, they rested half their team for a more winnable game this weekend.

As supporters, we put up with rubbish performances if we’re grinding out the results.

But who honestly would want to watch the garbage offered in the last two away games, for a full season. The entertainment level, is zero.

Panic actions by the club offering MM a two year contract. I doubt there was anyone who wanted him, just his agent playing a blinder.

He would not have had a better offer than Cardiff, with his recent CV. His last few jobs, the supporters couldn’t wait to get rid of him.

The club should have waited until the off season, to evaluate things.

Regardless if anyone came in for him, I’m sure he’s contracted until then.

And in reality, they should have had someone lined up in the off season who was a younger more progressive manager to develop a more modern way of playing.

The only person happy tonight, is Neil Harris.

He’s sat there in the SKY studio thinking...... ‘at least they can’t blame me for that.’

Garbage!
    Is that you, Neil?

Calm down everyone, we will not make the playoffs, so just sit in your chairs and enjoy the ride that is "Cardiff City"

Christ we were looking like relegation candidates a few weeks ago, just to even talk about the playoffs is weird. I like the way he’s got certain players playing, everyone has improved. You can’t fault that. Two playoff spots up for grabs and two huge home games coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post

Have a laugh? To tell you the truth i am because if i dont ill probably end up crying like a baby. I am bald through tearing my hair out. Its far more than a few hundred quid if you go away.Im nearly 63 and watched the city for over 50 years and yes i have seen some bad sides. Listen football aint cheap these days so when i pay my money i expect some football from these so called professionals. If we get beat so be it but lets have something for our money. If a professional builder done a crap job on your house would you be happy?

Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    Have a laugh? To tell you the truth i am because if i dont ill probably end up crying like a baby. I am bald through tearing my hair out. Its far more than a few hundred quid if you go away.Im nearly 63 and watched the city for over 50 years and yes i have seen some bad sides. Listen football aint cheap these days so when i pay my money i expect some football from these so called professionals. If we get beat so be it but lets have something for our money. If a professional builder done a crap job on your house would you be happy?
    No, but you don't sign a contract with your hometown football team to achieve anything other than stage matches.