Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
Sadly i think Bluebird 23 is right. It is painfull and frustrating to watch and i dont think we'll quite make the play offs although i pray im wrong. It defeats me what they do in training when as professional footballers they cant even pass to a team mate. Lets be honest, when the defence have the ball all we do is hoof it up field. It really is like watching park football. Ok, unbeaten in eleven games by playing garbage football and on the fringe of the play offs but can you really accept playing like that every game. Even when we win at home we are outplayed and playing crap. I've seen every game this season and but for the odd game thats exactly how they have played. And im amazed that for a team that has an average of 30 to 40 per cent of possesion we are amonst the top 4 or 5 goalscorers in the division. Its funny how people are swayed by the performance when we win but we could play the same way and lose and people are cursing the way we've played. So lets have a wins and performances and even the doubters might start to believe.
What a silly post. You obviously haven't been paying proper attention over the last 11 games. You do realise that we changed our manager and the way we play 11 games ago, don't you ? The first two games of those weren't classics but the team battled and worked hard and in one came back from 2-0 down to get a point. That was all about stopping the rot and not losing after a very poor run. Since then there have been two recent poor away games, in which we got a point in both, against difficult opponents and where the performances were obviously influenced by injuries and tired legs after a number of games in a short space of time. The other 7 games were all high scoring wins with plenty of nice passing and movement and pressing the opposition. We are second top scorers in the division and have a centre forward who has scored 16 goals. Possession stats mean absolutely nothing, if all you do with the ball is pass it back and forth across the pitch or backwards, as a number of teams have done against us. We have picked up 25 points out of the last 33 on offer and you don't do that in this division by playing ‘garbage football’ as you put it. Please explain how we were outplayed by Derby, Preston, Luton or Bristol City in games when we scored a total of 12 goals and let in precisely 0. We also beat promotion favourites Bournemouth on their own pitch. Something tells me that you still wouldn't be happy if we were top of the league by 10 points.