+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jazz Richards

Jazz Richards

Re: Jazz Richards

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    This is quite astonishing. Remember that performance for Wales at the CCS? It’s a great reminder of the fine line between the haves and the have nots in professional football and how injury can tip the scales so easily. Good luck to the lad I say. I hope he can work his way back up the ladder.

Wow, I can only assume money isn't everything for him as surely there were better paid deals out there. Good on him, wasn't to long ago he was playing at this level.

I'd love to see him back at a higher level. I remember hearing an interview with him on Radio Wales when he was a very young player at Swansea and it struck me how intelligent and level headed he sounded.

A WOL article was suggesting that Cardiff re-sign him as an emergency injury measure. Can't envisage that but he'd. certainly thrive in the wing back role. Unfortunately he can't defend.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    A WOL article was suggesting that Cardiff re-sign him as an emergency injury measure. Can't envisage that but he'd. certainly thrive in the wing back role. Unfortunately he can't defend.
    It sounds a bit ironic to talk about Jazz Richards as an injury measure..

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    It sounds a bit ironic to talk about Jazz Richards as an injury measure..
    Excellent reply !

Better to be playing than not?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-18492748

This interview from last summer sheds some light on his situation.

Always a Bluebird!

Tidy set up is Haverfordwest, tidy little stadium and pitch and a really nice clubhouse. I would recommend anyone going to watch a bit of Welsh Premier football when everything gets back to normal. Cup of tea, bacon roll for under £3 and local loons to entertain and chat to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Tidy set up is Haverfordwest, tidy little stadium and pitch and a really nice clubhouse. I would recommend anyone going to watch a bit of Welsh Premier football when everything gets back to normal. Cup of tea, bacon roll for under £3 and local loons to entertain and chat to.
    And a fiver entry.

Is it going to be another situation similar to the one where Neath FC was paying Lee Trundle £10k a month which eventually bankrupt them?

I certainly hope not.

I saw a few games there before the pandemic started and I tell you what, Haverfordwest would give City the proverbial run for their money. They play a quick passing game with little or no hoofball in evidence. I'm sure Jazz will get a great welcome there. I wish him well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I saw a few games there before the pandemic started and I tell you what, Haverfordwest would give City the proverbial run for their money. They play a quick passing game with little or no hoofball in evidence. I'm sure Jazz will get a great welcome there. I wish him well.
    They'd get absolutely murdered by City. It would be embarrassing.

I remember he played really well when we beat Belgium in Cardiff. Hard to believe there are not League sides interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I remember he played really well when we beat Belgium in Cardiff. Hard to believe there are not League sides interested.
    Had Hazard in his back pocket. I think given his personal problems, he might want to stay closer to home? Still, surprised he didn't end up at Newport or something if that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Had Hazard in his back pocket. I think given his personal problems, he might want to stay closer to home? Still, surprised he didn't end up at Newport or something if that was the case.
    Is he worth taking a risk on? Horrendous injury problems, 29 years of age, it's not going to get better, and how long has he been out of the game? He might have had enough of the hassle of being a pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They'd get absolutely murdered by City. It would be embarrassing.
    I always chuckle when people say "Club X would give City a game" when that club is always at least 2 divisions below us in the football pyramid or in the Welsh leagues. They wouldn't, they'd get torn apart.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I always chuckle when people say "Club X would give City a game" when that club is always at least 2 divisions below us in the football pyramid or in the Welsh leagues. They wouldn't, they'd get torn apart.
    Exactly, remember Ray Knight, Cardiff Corries manager, jibbing at the City’s back four before a Welsh Cup tie, “Milk turns quicker” was his comment on the back of the Echo. The City were a poor side then, in Football League terms, but beat the Corries 6-0 at a canter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    He was interviewed on Sgorio and said he had been hoping to go abroad, he misses kicking the ball but not all the other stuff that goes with it, and when move abroad didn't happen his new manager gave him a call with the opportunity which he's grateful for and looking forward to.

There would have been English league sides interested considering he's still a good championship player but think this is more about what's right for him as an individual. Good for the league and hopefully good for him too. He'll always have that really good display against Hazard whatever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    He was interviewed on Sgorio and said he had been hoping to go abroad, he misses kicking the ball but not all the other stuff that goes with it, and when move abroad didn't happen his new manager gave him a call with the opportunity which he's grateful for and looking forward to.

There would have been English league sides interested considering he's still a good championship player but think this is more about what's right for him as an individual. Good for the league and hopefully good for him too. He'll always have that really good display against Hazard whatever happens.
    https://twitter.com/welshfootie/stat...29629762514944

Sgorio interview here.

Is he worth taking a risk on? Horrendous injury problems, 29 years of age, it's not going to get better, and how long has he been out of the game? He might have had enough of the hassle of being a pro.
    You're probably right and fair play to Jazz, playing because he wants to. I'm still surprised nobody has offered him a pay as you play but maybe they have and he doesn't want that given his struggles. Wish him all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Cheers for posting

Hope it works out for him