Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
Respect to your parents.
Thanks. It was certainly fun. I can remember a demo being organised in central London against the rise of Fascism in the UK, during the late 70's, and my old man on the phone rowing with somebody high up in Sinn Fein who were having a demo in London on the same day. Sinn Fein wanted The Anti Fascist demo cancelled as they didn't want the focus taken away from their demo.

Another occasion was when my old man was going to do an interview, feature, with Meibion Glyndwr. They had all these terms and conditions like being blind folded, picked up on a dirt track etc. I was only a kid but i recall the old man saying to them. 'I aint got time for all that crap'

And last but not least, the old man duping me into dropping him off outside Allan Beshellas house in Maesteg and the old man banging his door and demanding Beshella come out and face him if he thinks that he's a member of the master race (Beshella was a member of the KKK) needless to say, the locals were out as well as the local press. He was an absolute loon