+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liverpool 0 - 1 Fulham

Re: Liverpool 0 - 1 Fulham

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Nine players made 30+ Championship starts for Fulham last season.

Of those nine, only one player has made 20+ Premier League starts for Fulham this season - Bobby Decordova-Reid.
    More starts than he made for us under Warnock, then!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Indeed. He started 16 games for City in the Premier League. To be honest, I was surprised to find it was as many as that.

Five goals for Cardiff in the EPL. Five for Fulham so far this season too. He's looked pretty good every time I've seen him play this year - playing in various positions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Nine players made 30+ Championship starts for Fulham last season.

Of those nine, only one player has made 20+ Premier League starts for Fulham this season - Bobby Decordova-Reid.
    Didn’t fit in with the “Cardiff Way” did he.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Eric, you have mail.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    They have started passing backwards, instead of forwards
    I thought that I was the only one who had noticed!

They have stopped moving the ball quickly with each player taking too many touches, and choosing to go backwards and sideways (like 11 pre-MM Marlon Packs! Lol)

Klopp MUST have noticed how their previously lightening fast lethal counter attacks are just like everyone else’s now!

Not easy to fix but the symptoms are there for everyone to see.

I wonder if Klopp will ride it out or chuck the towel in? Every post match interview has him on the edge as if he’s one step away from a complete meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I wonder if Klopp will ride it out or chuck the towel in? Every post match interview has him on the edge as if he’s one step away from a complete meltdown.
    Yes. In the early days of their run of poor games he seemed to be still on top of the situation in his replies and was pretty buoyant. Now he looks like a man who hasn't slept properly for days.

Although what is currently going on at Liverpool I find highly amusing and makes me feel happy, it will be sad to see such a likeable character leave the EPL.

He has mentioned that to manage the German national team is one of his ambitions.
    Maybe that's not too far away.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that Dortmund went on an even more dramatic decline than Liverpool in the season before Klopp left them - strange.

Maybe he's in the mould of Mourinho.

High intensity both physical and mental making it difficult for the players and team to sustain.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yes. In the early days of their run of poor games he seemed to be still on top of the situation in his replies and was pretty buoyant. Now he looks like a man who hasn't slept properly for days.

Although what is currently going on at Liverpool I find highly amusing and makes me feel happy, it will be sad to see such a likeable character leave the EPL.

He has mentioned that to manage the German national team is one of his ambitions.
    Maybe that's not too far away.
    Low to leave after the Euros and Klopp takes over

It is funny to see, especially all the Liverpool pundits / commentators.
    Souness, Carragher, MacMannaman. You couldn't shut 'em up this last couple of seasons.

Roy Keene can hardly stop grinning.

Let's hope the belated open top bus happens soon
    It is wonderful to see. And to have carragher choking on his own comments as summariser is even better. The media is full of ex-Liverpool players and cheerleaders and after last year it’s great to shut them all up. Long may it continue.

Klopp lost his mother and couldn't go to Germany to mourn her death in the middle of this run and he looks shattered. That's not an excuse for the team who just seem mentally and physically drained after 3 big seasons playing high intensity football.

Is he really a likeable character though? Bit of a Jekyll & Hyde in my opinion. Ok when things are going well but loses a bit of civility in harder times as if he struggles to cope and has the attitude of the world’s against him. I’ve seen a couple of clips of his touchline antics when things were going against Dortmund, eye bulgingly aggressive towards the fourth official etc.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Is he really a likeable character though? Bit of a Jekyll & Hyde in my opinion. Ok when things are going well but loses a bit of civility in harder times as if he struggles to cope and has the attitude of the world’s against him. I’ve seen a couple of clips of his touchline antics when things were going against Dortmund, eye bulgingly aggressive towards the fourth official etc.
    Yes, I do know what you mean and I've seen all that in him.

I just like to see characters of all types.

It would be a bit boring if they were all like OGS that's for sure.

Its like his whole wardrobe was bought when he was still growing and he hasn't changed it since.
    Totally agree. I think he needs to stop using the hot wash cycle.😄

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Sorry to say but this is, apart from Man City the weakest Premier League ever, on a par with the Championship.
    Don’t think it’s weak just think teams are feeling the pace and it’s only Man City with the squad to cope

I’m keeping a watch on high intensity football. Think the less physical exertion you can get away with the better your season

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Crazy. It's getting ridiculous. What is going on there? Wouldn't it be great if this happened to all of them from time to time?
    I don't know what's going on but its fantastic

I dislike Fulham as much as I dislike Liverpool, so was a bit conflicted yesterday.
    In fairness, Fulham have improved a lot, but Liverpool, what the hell has happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I dislike Fulham as much as I dislike Liverpool, so was a bit conflicted yesterday.
    In fairness, Fulham have improved a lot, but Liverpool, what the hell has happened?
    Well, at least they have just scraped past the required 40 points to stay up......

its a sad time for many parts of Wales, Surrey, Sussex, Hampshire, Dorset etc

Their side is in free fall

But , on the other hand its a very happy time for many parts of Wales, Surrey , Hampshire , Sussex and Dorset

As their team , united are winning

I would shoot them all personally

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

But , on the other hand its a very happy time for many parts of Wales, Surrey , Hampshire , Sussex and Dorset

As their team , united are winning

I would shoot them all personally
    Unless it’s Sheffield United

One of the biggest slumps in points total by any past winner of the Premiership at this stage of the following season ,.

Yes they've had defence injuries, but what is wrong with thier forwards , Sarah , Mane, Firmino , Jota and not forgetting their extra helper VAR , he got them lots of points last season .

I reckon Liverpool are missing their fans; hence they are regularly losing at home. West Ham on the other hand are better off without their fans who despite the huge crowds get on the back of their players for the least mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    I reckon Liverpool are missing their fans; hence they are regularly losing at home. West Ham on the other hand are better off without their fans who despite the huge crowds get on the back of their players for the least mistake.
    Have you been to Anfield lately? The three times we’ve played there recently if it wasn’t for us there’d be no atmosphere, they sing that song before the game and again a few minutes before the final whistle and that’s that. Last time we were there we got talking to some Scandinavians who’d been to the game, they were so disappointed by the Liverpool fans after it being built up so much yet they were fascinated by our lot and our enthusiasm. The one said he didn’t bother watching the game after a while and concentrated on watching the City fans.

I went to both Premiership fixtures up there. Maybe I am wrong, but standing with our fantastic, loud and exuberant away fans perhaps prevents us hearing the true noise generated by the home support. You may be right though about Liverpool, but I think I am correct about West Ham playing better at their ground without their home following.