+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sky pundits post match on Bale last night

Sky pundits post match on Bale last night

Did anyone else see Graham Sounness, Roy Keane and Micah Richards post match? Sounness and Keane just tore into Bale and Richards presented a more sensible view.

Couldn't believe Spurs had put 4 on Palace, Bale scores 2 goals and the Sky pundits spent over 5 minutes having a go at Bale!

Bale trying to be honest during the post match interview and gets this sh1t as a result.

Bale is a very smart footballer and his passing accuracy and creativity is awesome, good luck mate.

Just hope he can stay fit for WALES and thump in a few for us

Re: Sky pundits post match on Bale last night

I didn’t see the coverage but I can imagine Spurs can’t be happy with his contribution over the season given what they are paying for him. The last couple of performances have been good which bodes well for Wales if he is getting back to fitness and form, but I’d be very surprised if Spurs will let him feature for us in the qualifiers later this month.

I think he started 15 games and had another 8 sub appearances but has scored 10 goals. OK he missed a lot of games, not all through injury but he played really well yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I think he started 15 games and had another 8 sub appearances but has scored 10 goals. OK he missed a lot of games, not all through injury but he played really well yesterday.
    surely as much of the blame lies with the manager for not playing him

Keane and souness constantly talk bollocks anyway

It’s astonishing really, we really like to criticise and bring down the best players we have. Bale has been the one and only World Class Welsh player in the past 10-15 years, probably Giggs is the only other in the past who knows how many years. Players will go through bad times as well as good. It’s not just confined to football.it all beggars belief.
    Add to that Keane and co wouldn’t have been so scathing if he was English, Irish or Scottish.

Roy Keane is still bitter about the 4-0 hiding Bale and co gave Ireland that night in the Nations League .

I think Roy Keane used to be a good pundit but know he's just there to throw the Cat amongst the pigeons.

They don't like Bale do they, it's a generational thing, they can't get their head around the fact that footballers are more finely tuned these days physically and mentally and won't rush themselves until they feel 100% to play.

There is no way you can doubt Bale's ability and achievements, it's easy for those guys to write him off, they've not seen at close hand what he has done for Wales and I get the feeling that they don't really rate his time in Spain because it wasn't done in the almighty 'Prem Leauge'.

Look, as good as I think Harry Kane is, he's still won nothing yet and at international level he will always have a larger pool of good players around to get the best out of him, but there is no way they'd give him the stick Bale gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    I didn’t see the coverage but I can imagine Spurs can’t be happy with his contribution over the season given what they are paying for him. The last couple of performances have been good which bodes well for Wales if he is getting back to fitness and form, but I’d be very surprised if Spurs will let him feature for us in the qualifiers later this month.
    Hardly Bale's fault Mourinho didn't pick him. 5 goals in 11 games is a good return, especially considering he's only played more than a half on 5 occasions

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post
    Roy Keane is still bitter about the 4-0 hiding Bale and co gave Ireland that night in the Nations League .

I think Roy Keane used to be a good pundit but know he's just there to throw the Cat amongst the pigeons.

They don't like Bale do they, it's a generational thing, they can't get their head around the fact that footballers are more finely tuned these days physically and mentally and won't rush themselves until they feel 100% to play.

There is no way you can doubt Bale's ability and achievements, it's easy for those guys to write him off, they've not seen at close hand what he has done for Wales and I get the feeling that they don't really rate his time in Spain because it wasn't done in the almighty 'Prem Leauge'.

Look, as good as I think Harry Kane is, he's still won nothing yet and at international level he will always have a larger pool of good players around to get the best out of him, but there is no way they'd give him the stick Bale gets.
    Kane is England's darling, he gets special treatment.

They're just bitter Gareth turned England down

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Kane is England's darling, he gets special treatment.

They're just bitter Gareth turned England down
    I don't think Keane and souness are bitter about that tbf.

they are just paid to mouth off about any old shite

Mourinho has won a damn sight more important silverware as a manager than those muppets and he gave an intriguing insight into how he perceived Bale as overcoming a psychological barrier caused by numerous injuries over the years. You could tell he was as excited as anyone that Gareth seemed to be winning his battles and is now able to perform like the world class superstar we know him to be.

Everyone, myself included thought that he was now only a pale imitation of the player we loved to see don a Welsh shirt 5 years ago. The thought of having that player back is thrilling for both Tottenham and Wales fans alike.

Finally, there are a few derogatory comments on here about Harry Kane but I have to say he is undoubtedly one of the best centre forwards in the world at present, possibly even the best. And I don't usually dish out compliments to English players if I can help it !

What were they saying about Bale? I missed it

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    They were talking about his contribution for the entire season. Souness in particular didnt see happy that Bale seemed to be happy and smiling sitting on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    They were talking about his contribution for the entire season. Souness in particular didnt see happy that Bale seemed to be happy and smiling sitting on the bench.
    Seriously? oh do f**k off, miserable old git. If Bale stormed off, threw his shirt to the ground that wouldn't be good enough either.

I like Keane a bit more but he's in danger of becoming a caricature of himself, where's he's not a respected pundit just a guy with a schtick

They're not having a go at him, maybe questioning his desire. If Souness was saying the same about Harry Kane, there would be plenty agreeing on here.

Seriously? oh do f**k off, miserable old git. If Bale stormed off, threw his shirt to the ground that wouldn't be good enough either.

I like Keane a bit more but he's in danger of becoming a caricature of himself, where's he's not a respected pundit just a guy with a schtick
    Keane didn't have a go at Bale.

I always get the impression that Souness is still bitter about Billy Nic showing him the door at Spurs. He does seem to like to have a dig at them.

Pair of them are to55ers. I turn over now when they are in the studio, just watch the game and not the analysis when its those two clowns. Both failed managers (more so keane) who are arrogant, aggressive and just not enjoyable to watch when it comes to punditry.
    Keane had a spat with Redknapp the other week as well.
    I actually enjoy neville and carragher, at least its good natured and they offer a bit of thought out insight. A lot of the new Sky pundits this season are coming on well along with BT pundits are good enough also.
    Keane and Souness are just arseholes.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I always get the impression that Souness is still bitter about Billy Nic showing him the door at Spurs. He does seem to like to have a dig at them.
    I doubt that very much, it didn't exactly turn out that bad for him! I agree with Souness, Bale talking like he's an old man 'I'm not 21 anymore' yup, we know that, although he's only 31. I knowit's not in Bales character to show that much emotion, he's a laid back bloke, but he does have a duty to show some enthusiasm like he did in the champions league interview straight after the Liverpool game. He has so much ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    They're not having a go at him, maybe questioning his desire. If Souness was saying the same about Harry Kane, there would be plenty agreeing on here.
    If Bale scored the goal Kane did last night it would be a 5 pager by now. Hes some player.

The good news for Wales is Bale looks a completely different player to the one who appeared v Brighton.

What happens next season who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Pair of them are to55ers. I turn over now when they are in the studio, just watch the game and not the analysis when its those two clowns. Both failed managers (more so keane) who are arrogant, aggressive and just not enjoyable to watch when it comes to punditry.
    Keane had a spat with Redknapp the other week as well.
    I actually enjoy neville and carragher, at least its good natured and they offer a bit of thought out insight. A lot of the new Sky pundits this season are coming on well along with BT pundits are good enough also.
    Keane and Souness are just arseholes.
    Neither of them could be considered failed managers in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Keane and souness constantly talk bollocks anyway
    Haven't seen much of Souness - MM once described him as one the best pundits - but Roy Keane is such a talksport presenter in waiting. He's 10 plus years out of date.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Haven't seen much of Souness - MM once described him as one the best pundits - but Roy Keane is such a talksport presenter in waiting. He's 10 plus years out of date.
    Keane talks how he played. For him, there aren't any excuses. He's not great at understanding other players desire or lack of, mentality etc. He's a winner and he expects others around him to be the same. It does go against him at times, although i find myself agreeing with him on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Keane didn't have a go at Bale.
    It's too late now, I've got no time for facts, my head's gone

It's too late now, I've got no time for facts, my head's gone
    I know what you're like, once you're 'on one' that's it. Stay safe