+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sky pundits post match on Bale last night

Re: Sky pundits post match on Bale last night

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I know what you're like, once you're 'on one' that's it. Stay safe
    As far as I'm concerned Roy Keane threatened Bale's life last night and there's nothing you can show me to make me think otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It's too late now, I've got no time for facts, my head's gone
    Is that a fact?

I personally think Bale is a decent bloke in many ways and now it's clicked again at Spurs and hopefully for Wales which is good.

Sounness and Keane are 2 sad feckers who as someone has commented, get paid for talking crap and being bitter.

Looking at things positively Bale is scoring goals and getting paid a lot of bucks so good luck to him.

We've got a tough game coming up Sat.

I doubt that very much, it didn't exactly turn out that bad for him! I agree with Souness, Bale talking like he's an old man 'I'm not 21 anymore' yup, we know that, although he's only 31. I knowit's not in Bales character to show that much emotion, he's a laid back bloke, but he does have a duty to show some enthusiasm like he did in the champions league interview straight after the Liverpool game. He has so much ability.
    It didn’t turn out too bad for him, you’re right, but it doesn’t mean he doesn’t hold a grudge. There was a bit of a hoo-ha at the time, suspensions, fines, withholding of wages, going back home to Edinburgh, MP involved etc, a bit more involved than just being released or leaving of his own accord.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It didn’t turn out too bad for him, you’re right, but it doesn’t mean he doesn’t hold a grudge. There was a bit of a hoo-ha at the time, suspensions, fines, withholding of wages, going back home to Edinburgh, MP involved etc, a bit more involved than just being released or leaving of his own accord.
    Who knows. I can't recall the incident and i've never read up on it, and i don't know if there's a history to souness being critical towards spurs for no apparent reason, although he was bang on about Bale in my opinion, he wasn't scathing or personal.

Who knows. I can't recall the incident and i've never read up on it, and i don't know if there's a history to souness being critical towards spurs for no apparent reason, although he was bang on about Bale in my opinion, he wasn't scathing or personal.
    I noticed it a while back, nothing regarding Bale, how he has the odd dig at Tottenham. I think I mentioned it on here, it’s happened a few times since, perhaps I’m looking too much into it. With my ‘conspiracy theory mind’ I put it down to his complicated departure from White Hart Lane. I’m most probably miles off tack and he’s just a miserable sod

I think it's a bit simplistic to say Bale should be banging on the manager's door and not laughing with his team mates on the bench to demonstrate to everybody he's motivated. I don't really think that's in his personality anyway, but I suspect behind the smiles this is a player who has gone through a crisis in confidence due to injuries and his experience in Madrid.

He clearly still has much to offer at the top level if he stays fit. I'm more inclined to think that Mourinho is closer to the mark when he discusses Bale's psychological break-through being linked to his improved performances. I think he loves playing for Spurs and wants to do as well as he can there.

I appreciate I sound somewhat biased but there we are.

Wales. Spurs. Golf.