+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Harry and Meghan interview

Re: Harry and Meghan interview

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I don't have much of an interest in the royal family. I don't even really support the institution. However, out of interest I watched the interview last night. I guess I figured it would be historically significant.

My overall thought watching was good for them both calling out the systemic racism and nastiness of not only the royal family but the entire British establishment and especially the media.

Forward to this morning and seeing British nationalists and royalists having a complete meltdown was incredibly satisfying. I hope this marks the start of the end of the royal family, or at least their prominence and wrongly elevated position. They are, as an institution, an absolute disgrace and bollocks to this nonsense that the Queen is a nice lady, she ain't.

Anyone else see it?
    If anyone would like to sign a petition about the monarchy it's at republic.org.uk.

BTW Oprah has said they didn't get paid.

The TV network was charging advertisers a premium rate of about $325,000 for 30 seconds of air time

she's far better looking than lady di

That will do

If we had a UK ballot this week on whether to keep the royal family or give them the Spanish archer, it would be an over whelming vote to keep them.
    Whether you like it or not, they will be here for a good while longer.
    As for the interview, the truth will probably never come out. Nothing good ever comes out of a public family spat.

Poor old Fergie had a tougher time , sadly wrong color hair , not as pretty , not enough celebrity friends, lack of savy media training , no PR back up .

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    If we had a UK ballot this week on whether to keep the royal family or give them the Spanish archer, it would be an over whelming vote to keep them.
    Whether you like it or not, they will be here for a good while longer.
    As for the interview, the truth will probably never come out. Nothing good ever comes out of a public family spat.
    when the current queen does then there will be a big bush to get rid of the royals

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    And on International Women's Day too...
    Is International womens day over yet? I’m starving!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    when the current queen does then there will be a big bush to get rid of the royals
    There wont.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Cant see what the purpose of the interview was other than money.
    Whatever they said would never go to heal any rift between them and the Royals, and I doubt there will be any response from them either.
    They wanted out and they got it, so should stay out.
    But they do need it and will bleed it to cover expenses ,its there new career media .

I see Megan's dad is on GMB tomorrow, such fun.

let's sue the world for its intrusion, leave us alone were damaged they say on camera,whilst building there media pirfolioand profile .

I hope were nor forking out for security whilst their in the good old USA , living in very nice luxury settings.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    But they do need it and will bleed it to cover expenses ,its there new career media .

I see Megan's dad is on GMB tomorrow, such fun.

let's sue the world for its intrusion, leave us alone were damaged they say on camera,whilst building there media pirfolioand profile .

I hope were nor forking out for security whilst their in the good old USA , living in very nice luxury settings.
    If Piers Morgan is presenting tomorrow then he'll continually talk over him anyway.

The British media destroyed his mother and they were going after his wife and he's walked away and now they're speaking out on their own terms, leaving the Piers Morgans and a few of you on here frothing at the mouth with indignation. Good on them.

Also if the press challenged the Royal Family about Andrew's links to a child sex trafficker a tenth as much as they challenge these two's choices then maybe we'd get some answers on that little issue.

The hypocrisy is laughable.

There wont.
    there really will.
    many people who want change are biding their time. they know the current queen is untouchable. she has played a very clever game of being in the public eye for so long yet nobody knows her opinion on basically anything.
    Charles won't be that shrewd, he likes a soapbox.
    then when he puts his foot in it they will look to build momentum

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    The British media destroyed his mother and they were going after his wife and he's walked away and now they're speaking out on their own terms, leaving the Piers Morgans and a few of you on here frothing at the mouth with indignation. Good on them.

Also if the press challenged the Royal Family about Andrew's links to a child sex trafficker a tenth as much as they challenge these two's choices then maybe we'd get some answers on that little issue.

There is a poster on this messageboard (who has posted several times in this thread) who was defending Prince Andrew when the allegations about him came out.

The hypocrisy is disturbing.

That is shocking.

Disgusting.

No wonder they have retired across the pond and are dishing the dirt.

She died being chased by French paparazzi, without wearing a seat belt, being driven at 90mph through a tunnel, having chosen to dismiss her Royal protection which was offered to her.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    She died being chased by French paparazzi, without wearing a seat belt, being driven at 90mph through a tunnel, having chosen to dismiss her Royal protection which was offered to her.
    Did I say killed his mother?

Absolutely. Beats me how the elite can escape questioning. Same goes for that Yank diplomats wife involved in the death of the lad on his bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    there really will.
    many people who want change are biding their time. they know the current queen is untouchable. she has played a very clever game of being in the public eye for so long yet nobody knows her opinion on basically anything.
    Charles won't be that shrewd, he likes a soapbox.
    then when he puts his foot in it they will look to build momentum
    Charles will probably play his joker and William will step up to the plate. The whole euphoria of having a king again, whether it be Charles or William, will ensure the Royals live on.
    Personally, i couldn’t give a toss if they carry on or not, but there are a lot more Royalists in the UK than most folk think.

Dodgy Andrew is the big winner in all of this, what a smokescreen for him to hide himself in. Perhaps Markle is playing the role of her life aided and abetted by the Firm taking the heat off her husband’s sordid uncle (my sentence there is tongue in cheek, but why isn’t he being hounded and grilled over his alleged behaviour?)

I’m 100% aligned with both your points. There’s enough spin put on stuff to make it impossible to trust anything you read, but when you hear someone speak you get a nice gauge on their authenticity... they shared their feelings in their own words and it all felt totally authentic to me.

How anyone can last longer in that toxic household is anyone’s guess. It proves how out of date that dreadful institution is. I don’t blame them for leaving one bit.

Charles will probably play his joker and William will step up to the plate. The whole euphoria of having a king again, whether it be Charles or William, will ensure the Royals live on.
    Personally, i couldn’t give a toss if they carry on or not, but there are a lot more Royalists in the UK than most folk think.
    To be honest I think its the other way, I've been surprised at how many on this thread have expressed anti-royal views. Whether its because we're Welsh or a bunch of Stalinists I don't know but I've been surprised at the amount of anti-royal stuff I've seen on here and just in general

They're immensely popular among the older generations but not so much as you go down the age groups & I think the Queen going will push more to the republican side

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Dodgy Andrew is the big winner in all of this, what a smokescreen for him to hide himself in. Perhaps Markle is playing the role of her life aided and abetted by the Firm taking the heat off her husband’s sordid uncle (my sentence there is tongue in cheek, but why isn’t he being hounded and grilled over his alleged behaviour?)
    The conspiracy theorist part of me that thinks this has all been planned. Harry & Meghan ostracised for years, the Queen gets ill and wants them by her side, they go back into the fold, everything's forgiven, time heals all etc