+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Harry and Meghan interview

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Harry and Meghan interview

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    "They also bring in a lot to the economy though" people will argue.

Tourists would suddenly stop visiting royal castles and palaces if nobody resided in them, apparently. Sadly, nobody has visited visited Hampton Court in centuries because it's vacant.
    More people go to Versailles every year than Buckingham palace. Remind me what they did with their Royal Family

ffs.not many travel to the uk to get a glimpse of geriatric royals.

Won't someone just set fire to the c.unts!? (The Royals I mean not Harry and Meghan).

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I'm going when lockdown ends

And there is a wonderful Christmas Market/carol service put on there.
    Sounds great.

I went a couple of years ago. The gardens were amazing... And not a monarch in sight

There was a poll on sky earlier. Those in support of Meghan and Harry were in the younger age group.

Those not supportive were generally the old farts and specifically tory old farts😂😂😂

btt.jpg

Bluetit and his mate hanging out outside the palace during the off season

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    btt.jpg

Bluetit and his mate hanging out outside the palace during the off season
    That's obviously wrong and completely inaccurate. Bluetit hasn't got a mate.

I give up. Which one is James Hewitt's?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I give up. Which one is James Hewitt's?
    The one with the badges on his hat.

Check their hard drives immediately

Put the Queen on THE BIG SCREEN

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Those not supportive were generally the old farts and specifically tory old farts😂😂😂
    Who believe everything the British media tells them. You could see it coming a mile off.

Im shocked so many people have such strong opinions.

At least some good’s come of it.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b6138d0879f1bb

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Straight into a £2 million a year deal with GB News though no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A year ago I would have agreed with you.

However hes held this useless government more to account than anyone

The useless front bench will be delighted.

Time to get rid in my opinion, there’s a multitude of them on the civil list all by accident of birth, what use are they bar a drain on society? If Harry and Meghan want to wash their hands of it they should pay his father and grandmother the millions that they spent on their wedding.........oh hang on, we paid for it. How many palaces, castles, mansions, estates does one family need? And a huge question is when is Andrew going to be brought to book? Aside from the accusations against him, the f*cker swans around on our money.... parasites!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Time to get rid in my opinion, there’s a multitude of them on the civil list all by accident of birth, what use are they bar a drain on society? If Harry and Meghan want to wash their hands of it they should pay his father and grandmother the millions that they spent on their wedding.........oh hang on, we paid for it. How many palaces, castles, mansions, estates does one family need? And a huge question is when is Andrew going to be brought to book? Aside from the accusations against him, the f*cker swans around on our money.... parasites!!!!
    Damn Swans!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Like most on here, you don't understand the principle of having a Monarchy. All those things like the Cenotaph, meeting other heads of states, etc. etc. is done in a non-political way. The U.S. has the president which actually costs the US many times more. The new Airforce 1 is costing $5.4 billion dollars. In 50 days Biden hasn't appeared once. In 50 days the Royal Family have completed 200 public engagements.

Just to give the argument some balance..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Like most on here, you don't understand the principle of having a Monarchy. All those things like the Cenotaph, meeting other heads of states, etc. etc. is done in a non-political way. The U.S. has the president which actually costs the US many times more. The new Airforce 1 is costing $5.4 billion dollars. In 50 days Biden hasn't appeared once. In 50 days the Royal Family have completed 200 public engagements.

Bit weird to say that no one understands the monarchy and then compare it with the us president, but anyway.

Surely all the royal public engagements are quite expensive with security and so on. How many of those 200 will raise more money directly than they cost? Can't imagine it's many.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Bit weird to say that no one understands the monarchy and then compare it with the us president, but anyway.

Surely all the royal public engagements are quite expensive with security and so on. How many of those 200 will raise more money directly than they cost? Can't imagine it's many.
    it is zero

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

200 public engagements in 50 days during lockdown. Interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

nobody wants to replace the kings and queens with a us style president, what people like me want is a ceremonial president with no real power.
    like Ireland or Switzerland.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    nobody wants to replace the kings and queens with a us style president, what people like me want is a ceremonial president with no real power.
    like Ireland or Switzerland.
    Like Mark Drakeford ?

Straight into a £2 million a year deal with GB News though no doubt
    Yes he will fall on his feet

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56340451

It looks like Piers the Plank was wrong and Meg & Haz we’re right