+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Piers Morgan has decided to leave Good Morning Britain

Re: Piers Morgan has decided to leave Good Morning Britain

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    There's nothing to debate. Your assertion that Morgan has been the only journalist holding this government to account is just bollocks. It's as simple as that.
    Bollocks

So when’s the best time to feel suicidal?
    I know, absolutely bizarre statement

Vindec is right. Suicidal feelings need to be kept in check until there's a more appropriate moment.....

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Perhaps she was suicidal but it's not the best time to feel like that when you are 8 months pregnant.
    I think you had better explain what your point is here because, as it stands, it looks like you're saying that she should have chosen a better time to want to kill herself.

If you are saying that... Well... I don't think there are words strong enough to describe you.

He’s a complete and utter **** but is good at his job in a sense of he manages to stir enough to keep people watching.

Whether you agree with his view or not, he does manage to get people to stop dodging questions or makes assumptions for them so they have to come out with more than they want.

Problem is in the first sentence. He is a ****.

Who is he to say that someone else wasn’t feeling suicidal? I know there would have been plenty not to make it through some of the crap that was said about Meghan.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    "‘Who did you go to? What did they say to you? I’m sorry, I don’t believe a word she said, Meghan Markle. I wouldn’t believe it if she read me weather report"

Cheers. I can't stand the odious Piers Morgan and I don't side with either party in this bunfight.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I think you had better explain what your point is here because, as it stands, it looks like you're saying that she should have chosen a better time to want to kill herself.

If you are saying that... Well... I don't think there are words strong enough to describe you.
    I'm going to give Vindec the benefit of the doubt, and say that he didn't mean what he said in a bad way. Misplaced words perhaps?

Quite.

A very poor comment to make.

And in all honesty more likely to be legitimate as antenatal depression is a lot more common than you’d realise

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Cheers. I can't stand the odious Piers Morgan and I don't side with either party in this bunfight.
    Same. It's all a load of trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm going to give Vindec the benefit of the doubt, and say that he didn't mean what he said in a bad way. Misplaced words perhaps?
    Thank you. One sentence was taken out of context. A later sentence stated:

"In particular the suicide issue, and the role of the Palace, needs to be examined carefully...................."

Same. It's all a load of trash.
    Funnily enough but I don't think it's a load of trash myself. I am interested in the dynamics of an outdated institution trying to absorb outsiders who may be flaky, rational or anything else. Tensions are inevitable and the where the truth lies nobody knows. It's obviously a great risk to the royal family in trying to assimilate those of a very different ilk.

One sentence was taken out of context.
    Taken out of context? How can that sentence be taken out of context?

Bizarre this is being described as the biggest crisis faced by the Royals in 85 years when a senior Royal is unwilling to co-operate with the authorities over a huge paedophile operation.

Heisenberg

Thank you. One sentence was taken out of context. A later sentence stated:

"In particular the suicide issue, and the role of the Palace, needs to be examined carefully...................."
    No, it wasn't taken out of context at all.

Your "later sentence" doesn't change the fact that you said "Perhaps she was suicidal but it's not the best time to feel like that when you are 8 months pregnant."

What are you trying to say in that particular sentence other than people shouldn't choose such an inconvenient time like being 8 months pregnant to want to kill yourself?

Should be easy to clarify what you meant if it's not what it looks like.

Heisenberg

I wanted to as well and gave him an opportunity to clear it up but he's chosen to blame "context" instead.

Not a good look tbh.

Piers Morgan has form of being a twat. He has been transphobic and racist before. He should have been banned from television a long time ago - imagine if someone said the shit he says in their workplace! And for it to air on national TV is creating a toxic environment

We know what to expect from Piers, he has built a career on being controversial

He gets a rise out of a fair few sections of the community, it is what he does and he will continue to do it for many years to come

I can imagine a few on here diving straight onto twitter to " call him out " like they can make a difference to his " opinion ", it makes them feel good about themselves, so i guess its all good

My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Bizarre this is being described as the biggest crisis faced by the Royals in 85 years when a senior Royal is unwilling to co-operate with the authorities over a huge paedophile operation.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    We know what to expect from Piers, he has built a career on being controversial

He gets a rise out of a fair few sections of the community, it is what he does and he will continue to do it for many years to come

I can imagine a few on here diving straight onto twitter to " call him out " like they can make a difference to his " opinion ", it makes them feel good about themselves, so i guess its all good
    Well, he's quit and I think it's unlikely he's going to be back on anything as mainstream as this for quite a while, but if you call that 'making a career', then fair enough.

Odious is the right word. One thing you can maybe grudgingly say about him in a world with battle lines so clearly drawn on many issues, is that he's not afraid to be a prick to everybody, left or right - I think a lot of us enjoyed and maybe even appreciated his relentless attacks on the Government over their management of Covid.

Most of the time he's a horrible little bully though and I do think his departure from GMB sends the right statement. There's a tweet doing the rounds which I think is pretty bang on the money on why stuff like this is important, goes something like "Meghan Markle might not hear you say you don't believe her, but your friend who has had suicidal thoughts will"

The funniest thing about the whole thing is how he only hates Meghan Markle because she stopped responding to his texts, imagine creating a hate campaign because someone doesn’t want to be your friend

I can’t say his opinions bother me in the slightest but how he delivers them, he’s one of those people who will just talk over everyone and think that makes him correct.

Also I can’t understand being that desperate for fame that even though he’s got countless millions in the bank he is so desperate to be on mainstream tv he wakes up at 3am everyday.

The video of him saying she ghosted him:

https://news.yahoo.com/piers-morgan-...003029076.html

Imagine being that much of a prick to a woman just because she didn’t want to be your mate. Keeping in mind he’s 55 and she’s 39

Feck me you lot don't half watch a lot of TV, vicar of dibley, caroline o'hearn morning tv you need to get out more. TV the drug of the nation (now there's one for you sludge)

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Feck me you lot don't half watch a lot of TV, vicar of dibley, caroline o'hearn morning tv you need to get out more. TV the drug of the nation (now there's one for you sludge)
    Well into "YOUR HONOR" at the moment