+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cardiff City 1 - 0 Real Madrid. 50 years ago today

Re: Cardiff City 1 - 0 Real Madrid. 50 years ago today

Must say it's very disappointing that Wales Online don't seem to have done anything to commemorate the fiftieth anniversary of the game - I couldn't find anything on their website about it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Must say it's very disappointing that Wales Online don't seem to have done anything to commemorate the fiftieth anniversary of the game - I couldn't find anything on their website about it.
    Did they have space? They had an important article on Bale responding to fans questions, one of which he says he supports Cardiff but when he plays for Wales tries to unite Cardiff and Swansea fans, from the Spurs Twitch page to run!!

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Did they have space? They had an important article on Bale responding to fans questions, one of which he says he supports Cardiff but when he plays for Wales tries to unite Cardiff and Swansea fans, from the Spurs Twitch page to run!!
    That's about the truth of it. Tittle tattle over a notable anniversary of one the biggest results in one of the clubs they're supposed to be coverings history - it's hardly as if we're talking about a time where there wouldn't be many survivors around who remembered the event.

I remember the Echo doing a brochure/magazine of original material fifty years ago for the game, now, fifty years later, the match doesn't even merit a mention it seems.

That's about the truth of it. Tittle tattle over a notable anniversary of one the biggest results in one of the clubs they're supposed to be coverings history - it's hardly as if we're talking about a time where there wouldn't be many survivors around who remembered the event.

I remember the ECHO doing a brochure/magazine of original material fifty years ago for the game, now, fifty years later, the match doesn't even merit a mention it seems.
    There's a picture of it in this thread, Don Murray is on the front

I remember the Echo doing a brochure/magazine of original material fifty years ago for the game, now, fifty years later, the match doesn't even merit a mention it seems.
    My Dad was behind that Echo Supplement - I still have mine somewhere (with Don Murray on the cover)

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Can you remember what happened in the second leg? I couldn't get to see it, even on TV.
    I seem to recall a story that Bell was hit by a "missile", ref played on while he was down, they scored, and ref forced us to restart when he was STILL down - and they scored again.

Or have I been misinformed.
    I cant remember that but i was listening to the second leg on the radio and it was 0-0. Then they had technical problems and we had no commentary for a while. When it came back on the commentator apologised for the interruption and i remember him saying bad news for Cardiff City fans the team are 2-0 down....Gutted

How would we get off against Real Madrid today! I miss our European games, couldn’t we enter Welsh Cup instead of FA Cup and get into Europe?