+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Robert Page to take charge of Wales in upcoming international break.

Robert Page to take charge of Wales in upcoming international break.

Re: Robert Page to take charge of Wales in upcoming international break.

I don't see how the team can plan properly for the WC campaign and the Euros with this going on.

It seems to me that Giggs should have been put on some sort of gardening leave until November, and someone else (whether Page or Coleman or somebody else) given the reins with some degree of medium-term certainty. As it is, the FAW are just kicking the can down the road when there needs to be consistency and clarity about who will be in charge and how the team will set up.

I know Page is a proxy and Giggs is still calling the shots from afar, but what if we get to June and this is still not sorted out? You can't manage a tournament team over the phone.

I wonder if this is one of the "many grievances" that FAW staff have supposedly had with Ford?

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    I don't see how the team can plan properly for the WC campaign and the Euros with this going on.

It seems to me that Giggs should have been put on some sort of gardening leave until November, and someone else (whether Page or Coleman or somebody else) given the reins with some degree of medium-term certainty. As it is, the FAW are just kicking the can down the road when there needs to be consistency and clarity about who will be in charge and how the team will set up.

I know Page is a proxy and Giggs is still calling the shots from afar, but what if we get to June and this is still not sorted out? You can't manage a tournament team over the phone.

I wonder if this is one of the "many grievances" that FAW staff have supposedly had with Ford?
    I tend to agree with you - it's far from perfect. I don't see how Giggs could be sacked without him being found guilty of the offences, but I can see this situation having a detrimental effect on our chances in a tough looking group without some sort of clarity from the FAW. i believe the gardening leave option until the group is completed is as good a solution as any.

Yeah it was inevitable. Page has been given a massive opportunity, I certainly don't think Giggs will be involved.

I hope Vaulks is given a bit more of a chance. Whilst he may not be suited to everyrole I do think especially against tougher teams he might be worth giving a go. He's shown he can produce a goal from nothing as well

Giggs should step down, going to drag us all down into his mess, Even if he is innocent it is still the right thing to do in respect of allowing the FAW, players and fans, to properly prepare.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Giggs should step down, going to drag us all down into his mess, Even if he is innocent it is still the right thing to do in respect of allowing the FAW, players and fans, to properly prepare.
    100% agree,

If he had any integrity he would step down but his past record off the field shows us that's one area he lacks.

I wonder whether Page could involve Coleman? Having him in the camp in a support role could work.

I know Page is a proxy and Giggs is still calling the shots from afar,

I doubt if that is the case. Aside from being morally wrong it just wouldn't work.