+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coventry heading back to The Ricoh

Re: The other CCFC

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Okay, apart from Craig Bellamy, John Harrison, Dion Dublin, Willie Boland, Jay Bothroyd, Terry Yorath, Aron Gunnarsson, Dave Bennett, Robert Page, Dean Gordon, John Williams, Willo Flood, Simon Haworth and Ben Turner, no real household names
    You missed out Ian St John.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Okay, apart from Craig Bellamy, John Harrison, Dion Dublin, Willie Boland, Jay Bothroyd, Terry Yorath, Aron Gunnarsson, Dave Bennett, Robert Page, Dean Gordon, John Williams, Willo Flood, Simon Haworth and Ben Turner, no real household names
    Gary MCallister,Gordon Strachan,Peter Ndlovu.. and the list goes on ..

I remember being marched/herded from the station.

Once inside I remember the announcer with the deepest voice in the world.
    Sounded like God on the tannoy.

Not forgetting Maurice Setters.

Peter Ndlovu

Edit:
    (just seen already mentioned).

Watching Ndombele somehow made me think of him. Spooky.

Re: Coventry heading back to The Ricoh

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I was always amazed by the way Coventry continued to stay in the top-flight (old Division One) year after year. Yet they never had any real household names. I recall Willie Carr and that's about it.
    I think their chairman, Jimmy Hill, was more well-known than any of the players back then.

Edit: Ernie Hunt was another player who I remembered (thank you TBG!).
    So, has anyone been able to come up with the names of any well-known ex-Coventry players yet?

Coventry UK city of culture 2021 too ...................

lady goldiva and the specials front man Terry hall featuring heavy in hallmarks of the city in July

if we ever get out of the lock down i recommend visiting the 2 tone village in the city if the 2 tone music is your vibe which they are promoting ahead of the city of culture . of course the centre of attention are the specials but featured all tastes of music and for me the primitives hail from that neck of the woods too . was pleasantly surprised how professional it was when i visited 2 years ago

https://2tonevillage.com/

Last time I was there, I was working in Cov at the time, we won 2-1. Whitts with a late penalty, sat on my hands, in the home end. 2009 ish ??