+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HERMES DELIVERIES

Re: HERMES DELIVERIES

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The had a Hermes delivery about 2 weeks ago. They emailed to say it would arrive in a slot between 6.00 and 8.00 pm. They delivered at 1.15 pm when we were out. They sent an email to say the package had been left in an outbuilding at the front of the house. There is no outbuilding. Helpfully they also attached a photo of the package (not in any outbuilding) between the front door and our car in full view of the street about 20 feet away. When we got home we found the package kicked under the car - in a puddle of water - which I assume was Hermes' version of a security measure. As it happens there was nothing that could be water damaged in the package and we got it hours earlier than expected - but at every stage they screwed up.
    That's a shit show, although i do find it difficult to be critical of the men and women who make the deliveries (not that anyone has on this thread) they get paid per drop and the money is shit, they're forced into leaving parcels in dodgy places. No unions, hardly and rights etc. I'd be leaving parcels on top of bus stops if i worked for them, if it meant that i got paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That's a shit show, although i do find it difficult to be critical of the men and women who make the deliveries (not that anyone has on this thread) they get paid per drop and the money is shit, they're forced into leaving parcels in dodgy places. No unions, hardly and rights etc. I'd be leaving parcels on top of bus stops if i worked for them, if it meant that i got paid.
    Disgusting how some employees are treated in our supposed civilised country. Poor buggers aren’t even classed as employees, just people who run errands for a few bob when needed, so demeaning. Nothing ever seems to be done about it, the employers just quote the one in a million worker who churns out the ‘It works well for me’ line.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Disgusting how some employees are treated in our supposed civilised country. Poor buggers aren’t even classed as employees, just people who run errands for a few bob when needed, so demeaning. Nothing ever seems to be done about it, the employers just quote the one in a million worker who churns out the ‘It works well for me’ line.
    Corbyn would've had a go at these crooks, Good post, agree entirely

Corbyn would've had a go at these crooks, Good post, agree entirely
    He may well have, but unfortunately it was turkeys voting for Christmas in the last election. Believing the scare mongering media and actually voting to keep themselves downtrodden, I despair sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He may well have, but unfortunately it was turkeys voting for Christmas in the last election. Believing the scare mongering media and actually voting to keep themselves downtrodden, I despair sometimes.
    Jess Phillips read out the names of all of the women who had been murdered by men in the last year where domestic violence was implicated. Very admirable, although she publicly ridiculed and shit on Corbyn, didn't support him in the media. He would've challenged poverty, challenged violence in relationships and would have don more than any other politician in the battle to get women out of poverty.

Jess Phillips read out the names of all of the women who had been murdered by men in the last year where domestic violence was implicated. Very admirable, although she publicly ridiculed and shit on Corbyn, didn't support him in the media. He would've challenged poverty, challenged violence in relationships and would have don more than any other politician in the battle to get women out of poverty.
    Bit more support from his own party might just seen Corbyn win in 2017. The shitshow of 2019 wouldnt have happened then.
    How sensible people supported the liar/philanderer/cheat/lawbreaker Johnson I will never know as long as I live.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Bit more support from his own party might just seen Corbyn win in 2017. The shitshow of 2019 wouldnt have happened then.
    How sensible people supported the liar/philanderer/cheat/lawbreaker Johnson I will never know as long as I live.
    It is a strange one , it could only be that people just didn't like Corbyn or his cabinet as it was quite a big majority and Labour lost seats that have been with them for decades , some were never a Tory seat.

The other option like Scotland people have simply drifted away from Labour which appears to be the trend , other than in big inner cities and Wales

Looking forward to see if the more likable and better politician in Sir Kier makes an impact on the blond one .

at last collected