+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 6PM Curfew - for Men.?

6PM Curfew - for Men.?

Re: 6PM Curfew - for Men.?

Im sure sky sports will be looking into earlier KO times to adhere to this new measure that they are fully supporting.

Maybe a 6pm curfew for police officers?

I'd estimate at least half that page is about women sharing their experience and showing solidarity with other women. If the headline of the speech used in the opening of the article has got people engaging with the second half then it's not a tactic I would employ but it might have worked.

bring it on, someone else can pop to the shops in the pouring rain next time we need an ingredient after 6.

Baroness Numbskull of Cuckooland more like it. Are we sure she doesn't represent the Monster Raving Loony Party. Lord Sutch would have been proud of her.

33 Female Million in the UK , hopefully majority are safe , the danger is in around urban cities for young children , men , LBGT , BAME in London the stabbings are crazy .

I seen the video and it came across as hyperbole to point out the absurdity of women being asked to 'not go out alone at night'

the fact her suggestion sounds crazy is the point she is making, we wouldn't think of asking men to not go out at night, but women are commonly told this by police, relatives ect,

women often end up having a 'de facto curfew' because it is not regarded as safe to be outside alone after dark.

I am not saying that I agree with her point, In fact statistically it is much more dangerous for a young male to be out at night than a young women. However in the interest of fairness I think the context of her point should be recognized.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I seen the video and it came across as hyperbole to point out the absurdity of women being asked to 'not go out alone at night'

the fact her suggestion sounds crazy is the point she is making, we wouldn't think of asking men to not go out at night, but women are commonly told this by police, relatives ect,

women often end up having a 'de facto curfew' because it is not regarded as safe to be outside alone after dark.

I am not saying that I agree with her point, In fact statistically it is much more dangerous for a young male to be out at night than a young women. However in the interest of fairness I think the context of her point should be recognized.
    Nobody would argue with her concern for women's safety on the streets at night but her proposal to introduce a 6pm curfew for men tells me one thing. She's absolutely bonkers

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Nobody would argue with her concern for women's safety on the streets at night but her proposal to introduce a 6pm curfew for men tells me one thing. She's absolutely bonkers
    Is that what she is suggesting, or is it to highlight the fact that women are told not to go out on their own at certain times, like the previous poster alluded to.

edit

I wouldn't even wipe my backside with the DM

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    I wouldn't even wipe my backside with the DM
    Always had you down as a Sunday Sport reader anyhow lol

If we assume she's using it as a way of conveying her message, rather than it being a hill she wants to die on, the method of messaging seems to have failed.

Saw a thing earlier which used an apparent American study to have firstly men and then women describe actions they take to prevent being attacked, abused or raped. In the men's column they said it's not something they think about it while in women's column there was a long list that included not going jogging at night, checking backseat before getting into a car, not going in lifts with a lone man/group of men, avoiding woods even in daytime, avoiding making eye contact with men when walking in the street...

I guess the curfew point, though apparently badly made, is what can men do to make that list for women much shorter/not exist?

Have you actually read the article? She's clearly just making a point

Always had you down as a Sunday Sport reader anyhow lol
    its hard to find good journalism. if you have any tips

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    If we assume she's using it as a way of conveying her message, rather than it being a hill she wants to die on, the method of messaging seems to have failed.

Saw a thing earlier which used an apparent American study to have firstly men and then women describe actions they take to prevent being attacked, abused or raped. In the men's column they said it's not something they think about it while in women's column there was a long list that included not going jogging at night, checking backseat before getting into a car, not going in lifts with a lone man/group of men, avoiding woods even in daytime, avoiding making eye contact with men when walking in the street...

I guess the curfew point, though apparently badly made, is what can men do to make that list for women much shorter/not exist?
    Seen something similar a few years ago where women were asked what they'd do if for 1 day men didn't exist. Vast majority said go for walk, walk in a national park, walk at night.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Seen something similar a few years ago where women were asked what they'd do if for 1 day men didn't exist. Vast majority said go for walk, walk in a national park, walk at night.
    I feel bad that Women feel that way, but do question if the potential threat justifies the need to be living in fear. Maybe I am naïve, but I did lots of backpacking through Asia, Europe and North America in my early twenties. I met many fellow like minded backpackers, mainly in hostels who were solo girl travelers in their early twenties.

Unfortunately I am sure some of them did have negative experiences (as did I) but on the whole I never heard of anything genuinely bad happening and they had all the positive memories and benefits that solo travelling around the world provides, I would encourage my daughter to have similar experiences, I would worry of course but I also realise that the threat is small in comparison to the damage wrapping her up in cotton wool would do.

Sludge can hopefully shed some light on this.
    He’s been under a 6pm curfew around the Bridgend area for yrs.

Are you taking the piss or genuinely not understanding the point? It's a metaphor mate

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Are you taking the piss or genuinely not understanding the point? It's a metaphor mate
    I know people who’ve taken the words literally.

As men we have to think what can we do differently to make the area safer for women.

There’s not a huge amount we can do apart from encourage spending on police, street lighting and probably speaking up when other men are being ****s

Most already do that so there’s not much that we can really do. Such a shame but it’s just life. There’s a lot of nutters out there

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    As men we have to think what can we do differently to make the area safer for women.

There’s not a huge amount we can do apart from encourage spending on police, street lighting and probably speaking up when other men are being ****s

Most already do that so there’s not much that we can really do. Such a shame but it’s just life. There’s a lot of nutters out there
    Mad statement, unless you're being ironic?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

I don’t think this is the case is it

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don’t think this is the case is it
    Agreed, the same applies to women too. People are incentivised to not challenge authority and not create waves, people are quite often publicly ostracised for standing up for what they believe in.