+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 6PM Curfew - for Men.?

Re: 6PM Curfew - for Men.?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Are you taking the piss or genuinely not understanding the point? It's a metaphor mate
    The issue as usual is that some people will misinterpret the point as a serious policy proposal and then eventually that will get used the 'anti woke' lot to belittle the actual issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    The issue as usual is that some people will misinterpret the point as a serious policy proposal and then eventually that will get used the 'anti woke' lot to belittle the actual issue.
    Nailed it

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    If we assume she's using it as a way of conveying her message, rather than it being a hill she wants to die on, the method of messaging seems to have failed.

Saw a thing earlier which used an apparent American study to have firstly men and then women describe actions they take to prevent being attacked, abused or raped. In the men's column they said it's not something they think about it while in women's column there was a long list that included not going jogging at night, checking backseat before getting into a car, not going in lifts with a lone man/group of men, avoiding woods even in daytime, avoiding making eye contact with men when walking in the street...

I guess the curfew point, though apparently badly made, is what can men do to make that list for women much shorter/not exist?
    rapists are gonna rape, murderers are gonna murder. There's nothing we can do about that as our punishment of criminals doesn't stop the crime itself.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    As men we have to think what can we do differently to make the area safer for women.

There’s not a huge amount we can do apart from encourage spending on police, street lighting and probably speaking up when other men are being ****s

Most already do that so there’s not much that we can really do. Such a shame but it’s just life. There’s a lot of nutters out there
    what could you have done to stop this latest murder?

incidentally, the single biggest demographic that are the victims of murder and children under 1. Infanticide caused by post partum depression in women is higher than any other form of murder. Should we take all new borns off women just to be safe?

sounds daft doesn't it.

Does this mean, if you are in the pub at 6pm, you gotta stay there till the morning !?

It'll lead to a lot of alcoholism and divorces !

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Does this mean, if you are in the pub at 6pm, you gotta stay there till the morning !?

It'll lead to a lot of alcoholism and divorces !
    for every negative there's a positive

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post

incidentally, the single biggest demographic that are the victims of murder and children under 1. Infanticide caused by post partum depression in women is higher than any other form of murder. Should we take all new borns off women just to be safe?

sounds daft doesn't it.
    You are out of date: https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...ndingmarch2019

“The most common age-group for victims of homicides recorded in the year ending March 2019 was 25- to 34-year-olds (136 victims). This was followed by 16- to 24-year-olds (113 victims), and 35- to 44-year-olds (107 victims) and 45- to 54- year-olds (107 victims). (Figure 3).”

And also you missed the point. This debate is about sexual harassment and gender equality

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    You are out of date: https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...ndingmarch2019

“The most common age-group for victims of homicides recorded in the year ending March 2019 was 25- to 34-year-olds (136 victims). This was followed by 16- to 24-year-olds (113 victims), and 35- to 44-year-olds (107 victims) and 45- to 54- year-olds (107 victims). (Figure 3).”

And also you missed the point. This debate is about sexual harassment and gender equality
    firstly, the age range of those under 1 is less than a year. You are claiming the 25-34 age group - ten years - is greater than those under 1. It is not. More babies under 1 are murdered each year than at any other age. Read table 4 of the stats of your own analysis

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...nglandandwales

for someone who claims to study economics your interpretation of data is lacking. look up the concept of normalisation.

you've also missed point by a country mile. Infanticide, specifically the murder of children under the age of 1, forms the single biggest group by age, and is caused predominantly by women. Yet we aren't blaming women as a whole for this as to do so would be assuming all women are to blame. thats absurd.

It follows that the murder of a woman by a man should not be about gender and looking to blame men, but about the murderer's own psychotic issues and look to understand what caused them

To slightly misquote that Daniel Sloss video going around...

"When 1 in 10 men are sh*t and the other 9 do nothing they may as well not be there. You have to be actively good."

Being actively good will contribute to undoing/slowing the build up of some people's psychotic issues, it will take away some of the opportunity for those "murders are going to murder etc." including women behind those infanticide figures.

Feedback

"When 1 in 10 men are sh*t and the other 9 do nothing they may as well not be there. You have to be actively good."

Being actively good will contribute to undoing/slowing the build up of some people's psychotic issues, it will take away some of the opportunity for those "murders are going to murder etc." including women behind those infanticide figures.
    its an interesting proposition. How would you or I castigating sludge for his posts about women have helped to stop this week's murder?

It’s spot on, like with everything shit in this world if people are actively good it’ll make a difference even if it’s just a small difference individually.

firstly, the age range of those under 1 is less than a year. You are claiming the 25-34 age group - ten years - is greater than those under 1. It is not. More babies under 1 are murdered each year than at any other age. Read table 4 of the stats of your own analysis

for someone who claims to study economics your interpretation of data is lacking. look up the concept of normalisation.

you've also missed point by a country mile. Infanticide, specifically the murder of children under the age of 1, forms the single biggest group by age, and is caused predominantly by women. Yet we aren't blaming women as a whole for this as to do so would be assuming all women are to blame. thats absurd.

It follows that the murder of a woman by a man should not be about gender and looking to blame men, but about the murderer's own psychotic issues and look to understand what caused them
    I can’t imagine how anyone can be this much of a twat

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I can’t imagine how anyone can be this much of a twat
    you can only begin to imagine my shock that we find out that once again, you've got nothing constructive to add.

It’s spot on, like with everything shit in this world if people are actively good it’ll make a difference even if it’s just a small difference individually.
    Being less indulgent or engaged with people to proudly boast about indecent exposure and masturbation in a crowded night club would be a good start I guess.

sounds daft doesn't it.
    Well since hed recently been arrested for indecent exposure maybe locking him up before he committed murder. Or at least tag him so he couldnt leave the house.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Being less indulgent or engaged with people to proudly boast about indecent exposure and masturbation in a crowded night club would be a good start I guess.
    Booooooom!!!

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    there was nothing indecent about it at all, i was with the missus and as was the case back then, we were all doved up

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Well since hed recently been arrested for indecent exposure maybe locking him up before he committed murder. Or at least tag him so he couldnt leave the house.
    hindsight is wonderful.

is it usual practice to keep alleged perpetrators of indecent exposure on remand or on tag pending trial?

And here we have an example of how to shift the goalposts. You said “the single biggest demographic that are the victims of murder and children under 1”. Yet how come the ONS report said the part I quoted? And you mention normalisation - look at how many under 1s there would be compared to those who are 25-34. There are more 25-29 year olds compare to under 1s as of 2019. As someone said “your interpretation of data is lacking”.

But let’s not get distracted. Infanticide is an issue, yes, but the debate here is about sexual harassment, not murder. Your attitude is like those who claim “all lives matter” - it is avoiding the point and deflecting on the inequalities.

Feedback

And here we have an example of how to shift the goalposts. You said “the single biggest demographic that are the victims of murder and children under 1”. Yet how come the ONS report said the part I quoted? And you mention normalisation - look at how many under 1s there would be compared to those who are 25-34. There are more 25-29 year olds compare to under 1s as of 2019. As someone said “your interpretation of data is lacking”.

But let’s not get distracted. Infanticide is an issue, yes, but the debate here is about sexual harassment, not murder. Your attitude is like those who claim “all lives matter” - it is avoiding the point and deflecting on the inequalities.
    You need to re-read what you have written then take a pause and think about it again.

Just because there are more murders in the 25-34 age group does not mean that this holds true for any one particular age.

There is further analysis in your own link, shown the incidences of murder for each particular age and not group of ages. For both male and female victims the age of less than 1 has the highest rate of murders.

You're on a sticky wicket here, you just can't see it.

As for this particular topic, my comment was drawing a parallel between women being solely responsible for post partum infanticide and men being almost entirely responsible for the murder of young women.

Okay I admit the first paragraph is a mare lol... shouldnt multitask but second paragraph still stands.

What does that mean in practical terms though?

It won't make enough of a difference to stop attacks on women entirely so it feels like we are entering a never ending cycle of the normalisation of blaming good men for the actions of bad men, which is unhealthy.

Feedback

Okay I admit the first paragraph is a mare lol... shouldnt multitask but second paragraph still stands.
    is the debate really about sexual harassment or has it moved on to blaming all men for the actions of a very small minority. We all have wives and sisters, girlfriends and daughters (and unless you're from Swansea, they are usually different people), and we all know they need to be vigilant when out and about because there are sociopaths out there. No one is saying they are on every street corner but in the same breathe no one wants to be a statistic. Moving on from that none of us expect that psychopath to be our friends, brothers, fathers or sons. No one knows who these people are until after it happens because this type of rage and contempt is usually kept quite latent and hidden.

You're conflating two very different issues and I'd hazard a guess that stopping builders wolf whistling at women will have no affect whatsoever on individuals who decide they need to take a life.

rapists are gonna rape, murderers are gonna murder. There's nothing we can do about that as our punishment of criminals doesn't stop the crime itself.
    It's not as absolute as that though, is it? We have already seen in recent decades that changes in society can affect the behaviour of some people even if it is only be degree in some cases. I don't have any facts or statistics to back it up but I would imagine that violent punishment of children by parents has reduced since the sixties - and violence experienced as a child often leaves an imprint that itself may beget violence. In recent years I have assisted in an infants school (helping kids to read) and I have attended a college for evening classes - and just from the very prominent posters and notice boards in both it is obvious that children and young people are being taught to not be concerned about being different and to respect other children they come across who may be different in one way or another.
    I think it's all healthy stuff compared to the environment that many of us were brought up in during the sixties where some of us were beaten at home, caned at school and very rarely had a female boss. Bullying was also rife and, in my immediate circle of contacts, very often the worst proponents came from violent homes and/or those who felt like outsiders or inferior in some respects.
    It is becoming more unacceptable for males to be dominant in relationships and marriage, which also helps. (I have a friend who delivers courses on such subjects in the Solomon Islands where wife-beating is still very rife).
    Yes, some murderers will still murder and some rapists will rape - but to think that the only answer is punishment after the event is not something I could agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    What does that mean in practical terms though?

It won't make enough of a difference to stop attacks on women entirely so it feels like we are entering a never ending cycle of the normalisation of blaming good men for the actions of bad men, which is unhealthy.
    Does it? Makes a difference from blaming the victims then, eh?

To perhaps disagree with my point earlier, I don't think anyone is asking men to stop the murders or rapes, but earlier it was said men already challenge their friends who are acting like d*cks to which a number disagreed. How many have spoken to their sons about bad behaviour as a preventative measure compared to how many speak to their daughters about being careful? Many women have come up with ideas to make them feel more comfortable but perhaps what they ultimately want is to have to ask the question "is this it?" less frequently. The conversation has clearly widened out from original incident.