+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Wilder gone from Sheff Utd

Chris Wilder gone from Sheff Utd

Chris Wilder leaves Sheffield United having taken them to the Premier League from League One; the Blades finished ninth last season - their first top-flight campaign since 2006/07 - but are currently bottom and 12 points off safety with 10 games remaining

Re: Chris Wilder gone from Sheff Utd

Surprised.

Bad form but going down anyway, did wonders to get them up and keep them there.

Unless he is resigning?

Apparently part of it was disagreements whether to introduce DoF or not. If only there was a club with board resistant to DoF, looking for new manager this summer with Lancashire roots at top of their list...

Perhaps he fancies the Celtic job...

Doncaster beckons

won't even have to move house

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    He'll be in demand, that's for sure

Although, like Howe, I imagine his stock would have been far higher before their final seasons with their clubs

Strange timing. At least Sheffield Utd don't have to worry about Fat Sam coming in.

What's the point of getting promoted if a club sacks a manager when there is a threat of relegation. Wilder has done a great job and should be thanked not sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    What's the point of getting promoted if a club sacks a manager when there is a threat of relegation. Wilder has done a great job and should be thanked not sacked.
    They’ve been down for months I think this is due to something else than them getting relegated

Let's get him in asap and get another "new manager bounce". 2 in a season should see us promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He'll be in demand, that's for sure

Although, like Howe, I imagine his stock would have been far higher before their final seasons with their clubs
    Maybe at championship level. There is absolutely nothing positive to come out of Wilders reign this season, nothing, it's been a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Maybe at championship level. There is absolutely nothing positive to come out of Wilders reign this season, nothing, it's been a disaster.
    Yeah I don't think he'll get a Premier League job, but his record in the Football League is exceptional.

Sheffield United were being talked about as European candidates prior to COVID which really seems to have taken the wind out of their sails

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I think going to Scotland would be a backwards step for him.

If he gets hold of a club like 'Boro after Warnock gets sacked then they'd be unstoppable in the Championship next season.

Yeah I don't think he'll get a Premier League job, but his record in the Football League is exceptional.

Sheffield United were being talked about as European candidates prior to COVID which really seems to have taken the wind out of their sails
    It's odd how it's all gone to shit for him. Nobody expected him to do as well as last season, but he hasn't got a tune out of any of them. Remember when we beat them down our place, August time during the promotion season, they'd just been promoted, it was during the time Mendez was looking like Ronaldo They played some really good stuff and you could see that they were going to do alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I think there is rather more than the ‘threat’ of relegation. They have been down since Christmas. Wilder came out with a rather strange statement a couple of weeks ago, when he said in an interview that he would not be worried by relegation as he felt the team would do well in the Championship because they had deliberately been pursuing a transfer policy of signing Championship quality players this season. I felt that was a very odd thing to say and certainly wouldn't have pleased the fans. It gives an insight into something going on behind the scenes. They certainly haven't pushed the boat out with transfer fees for the last two seasons, apart from paying £20m for Brewster, an untried youngster at Premier League level who has had a poor season.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I think there is rather more than the ‘threat’ of relegation. They have been down since Christmas. Wilder came out with a rather strange statement a couple of weeks ago, when he said in an interview that he would not be worried by relegation as he felt the team would do well in the Championship because they had deliberately been pursuing a transfer policy of signing Championship quality players this season. I felt that was a very odd thing to say and certainly wouldn't have pleased the fans. It gives an insight into something going on behind the scenes. They certainly haven't pushed the boat out with transfer fees for the last two seasons, apart from paying £20m for Brewster, an untried youngster at Premier League level who has had a poor season.
    Ramsdale - £18.5m
    Lowe & Bogle - £11m
    Brewster - £23.5m
    Freeman - £5m
    Mousset - £10m
    McBurnie - £20m
    Berge - £22m
    C.Robinson - £8m
    Osborn - £3.5m

That's about £120m over two seasons, hardly pennies. I'd also be pretty miffed as Sheffield United's owner if I spent £40m+ on Brewster & McBurnie and David McGoldrick was my top scorer

Ramsdale - £18.5m
    Lowe & Bogle - £11m
    Brewster - £23.5m
    Freeman - £5m
    Mousset - £10m
    McBurnie - £20m
    Berge - £22m
    C.Robinson - £8m
    Osborn - £3.5m

That's about £120m over two seasons, hardly pennies. I'd also be pretty miffed as Sheffield United's owner if I spent £40m+ on Brewster & McBurnie and David McGoldrick was my top scorer
    A club like sheffield spending 18.5 million on a goalkeeper is a scandalous misuse of their finances.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    A club like sheffield spending 18.5 million on a goalkeeper is a scandalous misuse of their finances.
    Only because he hasn't been very good, if he'd had an amazing season and saved them a load of points he'd be worth it

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Only because he hasn't been very good, if he'd had an amazing season and saved them a load of points he'd be worth it
    Probably also doesn't help that they sold him to Bournemouth a few years previous for under a mill

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

He's a product of their youth policy as well

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Ramsdale

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Probably also doesn't help that they sold him to Bournemouth a few years previous for under a mill
    SNAP

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    That's ludicrous.
    Who the hell does something like that?

It's like saying someone like say Man U selling one of their young players for a million then a few years later buying him back for £80m.
    It just doesn't happ....

oh errrrm...

I think he'll get a premier league job soon enough

How you can continually criticise anyone on here who has a differing opinion, is mind boggling, given how clueless many of your post’s are!

he felt the team would do well in the Championship because they had deliberately been pursuing a transfer policy of signing Championship quality players this season. I felt that was a very odd thing to say and certainly wouldn't have pleased the fans.
    Could you imagine if this club had done something like that?

Oh wait...