This lot certainly were

https://youtu.be/By6eEI93_0w

Fantastic band though

Re: Totally Wasted

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    This lot certainly were

Fantastic band though
    I caught them live in early '91` at The Astoria in London, a medium sized venue. They were alright but not the brilliant band that some music critics made them out to be, back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I caught them live in early '91` at The Astoria in London, a medium sized venue. They were alright but not the brilliant band that some music critics made them out to be, back in the day
    Groundbreaking band , phenomenal guitarist

there is way too much football in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    there is way too much football in this thread
    football , music , sex and drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I saw them early 90's in the astoria ( or might Brixton Acc ) aswell

I agree, they were a night out, but nothing more

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I saw them early 90's in the astoria ( or might Brixton Acc ) aswell

I agree, they were a night out, but nothing more
    When it comes to critics of modern influential rock bands I can assure that when it comes to Jane's Addiction your analysis is very much in the minority

A night out ? Stereophonics would be a good example

Janes addiction killed off glam rock and glam metal

Massive drug users but great musicians is the general consensus

The astoria is about 1500 capacity , the Brixton academy is 6000 , maybe you were so pissed you didn't know where you were never mind being in a position to decide if the band were any good

When it comes to critics of modern influential rock bands I can assure that when it comes to Jane's Addiction your analysis is very much in the minority

A night out ? Stereophonics would be a good example

Janes addiction killed off glam rock and glam metal

Massive drug users but great musicians is the general consensus

The astoria is about 1500 capacity , the Brixton academy is 6000 , maybe you were so pissed you didn't know where you were never mind being in a position to decide if the band were any good
    I agree with the 'phonics being a night out, Ive always enjoyed watching them and always have a great night, though i know plenty really are not fans of them

pretty sure it was Astoria, but for some reason Brixton Acc sprang to my mind, though it could also have been Brixham fishermans social club

This lot certainly were

Fantastic band though
    What a song. I saw them in the Bristol Bierkeller in 1990. I also saw the original lineup play all of Nothing's Shocking about 5 years ago. They were amazing. As you say, Dave Navarro is a phenomenal guitarist. I missed seeing them in LA in 1988 which is something I still regret.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I agree with the 'phonics being a night out, Ive always enjoyed watching them and always have a great night, though i know plenty really are not fans of them

pretty sure it was Astoria, but for some reason Brixton Acc sprang to my mind, though it could also have been Brixham fishermans social club
    Lol 😆

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What a song. I saw them in the Bristol Bierkeller in 1990. I also saw the original lineup play all of Nothing's Shocking about 5 years ago. They were amazing. As you say, Dave Navarro is a phenomenal guitarist. I missed seeing them in LA in 1988 which is something I still regret.
    a great alternative rock band although some of the guitar work was as heavy as can be

Like the smashing pumpkins they would sound all mellow and harmonic then hit you with a massive wall of noise