+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Getting into the Play Offs

Getting into the Play Offs

Eleven matches ago the possibility of doing so was far from being realistic.
    Now we are closer and for many of us we are now near enough to hope that it might happen
    But it will still take a mighty effort and slip ups by others chasing the same dream.
    My concern is that some fans have already moved beyond hope to expectation and not achieving it will be seen as failure.
    McCarthy would be seen as a failure.

For me failure will be if we stop playing and trying to win.

Re: Getting into the Play Offs

Whatever happens between now and the end of the season, magic Mick & Terry have been successful.

Remit was “keep us up”, that has been achieved

In a good position to have a go

Couldn't say that a few months ago

Nothing to fear , just keep playing

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Eleven matches ago the possibility of doing so was far from being realistic.
    Now we are closer and for many of us we are now near enough to hope that it might happen
    But it will still take a mighty effort and slip ups by others chasing the same dream.
    My concern is that some fans have already moved beyond hope to expectation and not achieving it will be seen as failure.
    McCarthy would be seen as a failure.

For me failure will be if we stop playing and trying to win.
    The vast majority of fans I would suspect are just relieved that we've pulled away from a relegation dogfight. The fact that we are now amongst the play-off contenders is a genuine surprise to most and therefore the level of expectation is relatively low. Yes, we all want us to kick on from here but in reality anything more than a top 8 finish would be a bonus. I just can't see fans turning on MM if we don't manage to fill one of the play-off places this season.

Do we want to win today? Or let Watford win and dent the jacks hopes of promotion?

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    The vast majority of fans I would suspect are just relieved that we've pulled away from a relegation dogfight. The fact that we are now amongst the play-off contenders is a genuine surprise to most and therefore the level of expectation is relatively low. Yes, we all want us to kick on from here but in reality anything more than a top 8 finish would be a bonus. I just can't see fans turning on MM if we don't manage to fill one of the play-off places this season.
    That's how I see it, just pleased we're not in a relegation dogfight. Anything else is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Do we want to win today? Or let Watford win and dent the jacks hopes of promotion?

Hope we smash them 6 nil.

Don't really think the vast majority of our fans would blame McCarthy if we don't make the playoffs. He has done brilliantly to get us where we are now. The bookies currently have us to finish eighth with both Bournemoth and Barnsley to finish ahead of us. I think most of think we might make the playoffs but the odds are slightly against us. Think Bournemouth are a bigger threat than Barnsley as they have a better squad.