+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Academy investigation - 2 suspended

Academy investigation - 2 suspended

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...atement-120321

Cardiff City FC can confirm that it has launched a comprehensive investigation into non-recent allegations of bullying and poor practice relating to the Club’s Academy.

The Club’s Head of Safeguarding is conducting the investigation, in close liaison with the Football Association and the EFL and in line with the Affiliated Football Bodies process and statutory partner regulations. It is being overseen by the Club’s Board of Directors.

As a result, two members of the Club’s Academy staff have been suspended whilst this internal process continues.

Cardiff City Football Club takes all safeguarding reports extremely seriously and there are significant reporting mechanisms in place for these to be made, either via the Club’s safeguarding channels or those provided by national governing bodies and external support agencies.

No further comment will be made until this process is complete.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ademy-20127928

This sounds like a revisit of the old Bellamy era complaints, rather than something new? But maybe not.

Not the sort of headlines the club needs.

Re: Academy investigation - 2 suspended

Oh good. I dont think the club have covered themselves in glory with how they handled the Bellamy thing, and this is another reason to suggest they haven't!

Hopefully it can all be worked out and we can make it better for the non-past and non-present.

I heard that one of the bullies remained in place, unscathed, which surprised many staff there.....

I'm not going to betray a confidence and go into details, but, if some of the things I've been told are correct, this action is long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm not going to betray a confidence and go into details, but, if some of the things I've been told are correct, this action is long overdue.
    On the other hand, football is a mans’ games and sometimes players have to toughen up, even young academy members.

Nevertheless, bullying is always wrong.

I don't know what happened or whether any action was justified, but I do think the longer this draws out (here we are again discussing it) the longer it will be until Bellamy (as the most high profile name) can be considered for position of seniority at this club. It needs to be a historical event for both him and the club with both able to show it won't happen again.

I think he'd do fantastic work here and therefore, selfishly, regret that the club didn't deal with it sufficiently at the time. It's also incredibly disappointing at a time when academy has been getting much more positive reviews.

You have to think there could be an issue for them to have to/want to again have to investigate into this.....could very well be why we haven't brought anyone through the ranks in recent years, players removing themselves from toxic environments.

I don't think it's fair to just say these young players need to 'man up' which is some of the kind of comments I've seen from some on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If it's a name I've seen mentioned I'd be very surprised if it were true.