+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GET CASTLE STREET OPEN TO TRAFFIC, voting form hopefully here.

GET CASTLE STREET OPEN TO TRAFFIC, voting form hopefully here.

https://keepingcardiffmoving.co.uk/p.../castlestreet/

I know there are some who want it to remain shut to traffic, but for those of you with common sense, please vote to get our City moving.

Re: GET CASTLE STREET OPEN TO TRAFFIC, voting form hopefully here.

done

I know we are a lot of old dinosaurs on here, but there is a bigger picture that might not effect us, but will effect our children and grandchildren.

Just done it. Not a very good survey. For example, they ask you how often you use Castle Street - when it's been closed to traffic for months. They also ask you to tick which age group you fall into but mine (55-65) is missing completely. They also wanted to know if I identify as trans. Do they have different cars to the rest of us?

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I know we are a lot of old dinosaurs on here, but there is a bigger picture that might not effect us, but will effect our children and grandchildren.
    I the interest in equality, you can vote to keep it shut if you want.

Never let it be said, "I'm not fair"

Well I've done my bit

The more people are discouraged from using cars the better? The majority of us use cars out of laziness.

Then again, banning stuff without offering an alternative is also silly.

Will transport links to the city centre be improved?

Why is castle street so essential anyway? Just go via the bay or gabalfa if you want to get from one side to the other?

I do wonder what has happened, the real reason, for CCC to offer the option to the city dwellers.

Could it be that the residents affluent area of Llandaff are up in arms due to the volume of traffic now passing their homes since the closure?

Perhaps they realised that the iminent volume of traffic from the development in the north west will bring the city to a standstill?

Whatever the reason, a lot of time and money could have been saved had they had they offered this option to the public before the change and a proper rationale given.

Signed!

By the way, it's rumoured that the M4 could be back on!
    Anyone else heard?

I've voted for a turret to be built for bluetit on the castle wall so that he can count the diners if it does end up pedestrianised.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I've voted for a turret to be built for bluetit on the castle wall so that he can count the diners if it does end up pedestrianised.
    it's definitely going to be pedestrianised, I cancelled his vote out with mine so he can enjoy a panini filled summer

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    it's definitely going to be pedestrianised, I cancelled his vote out with mine so he can enjoy a panini filled summer
    Well done delm, I've got hundreds of email accounts, that should swing it in our favour.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Well done delm, I've got hundreds of email accounts, that should swing it in our favour.
    I've also identified as 'Trans' which as we all know, counts as 100 votes to a straight white males 1 vote, what with the council promoting equality. I'm ahead of the game butt.

I haven't got any common sense so haven't answered the survey.

With regards to the M4 relief road question- I believe that Boris is considering it as part of his uk wide infrastructure plan.

I vote open Queen Street again to two lanes of speeding traffic, didn’t half keep you alert on those pavements on a packed Saturday. Death defying looking back on it, those pavements were so narrow and they’d be heaving with people, if you were near the kerb the wind from the buses would part your hair.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I vote open Queen Street again to two lanes of speeding traffic, didn’t half keep you alert on those pavements on a packed Saturday. Death defying looking back on it, those pavements were so narrow and they’d be heaving with people, if you were near the kerb the wind from the buses would part your hair.
    That's actually a good idea. It would be fun watching people staring into their phone, not looking where they're going, headphones in, getting clipped by a no 27 bus.

That's actually a good idea. It would be fun watching people staring into their phone, not looking where they're going, headphones in, getting clipped by a no 27 bus.
    Do you remember it Tuerto? It’s a good few years back now but, Christ, it was manic. People being forced to walk in the gutter through the volume of bodies on the pavement with lorries skimming past them, it was like extreme sports

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I the interest in equality, you can vote to keep it shut if you want.

Never let it be said, "I'm not fair"
    Mate of mine is quite high up in the council.....it will never open like before again he says. In fact, they plan to reduce traffic on more roads around the centre

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Mate of mine is quite high up in the council.....it will never open like before again he says. In fact, they plan to reduce traffic on more roads around the centre

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Make train travel a £1 and free park and ride and crack on closing every road as far as I care.

Let’s hope this metro is a success

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Make train travel a £1 and free park and ride and crack on closing every road as far as I care.

Let’s hope this metro DREAM is a success

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Let’s hope this metro is a success
    I can see free park and ride but I'm sure people are gonna have to pay for their own drugs.

(Well you should've added your comma )

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Do you remember it Tuerto? It’s a good few years back now but, Christ, it was manic. People being forced to walk in the gutter through the volume of bodies on the pavement with lorries skimming past them, it was like extreme sports
    Vaguely, I was very young when it was pedestrianised. I can obviously remember St Mary st when it had traffic, used to get the bus there. The stop i used was outside of some horrendous rough arsed clubs that concentrated on shite stereotypical eighties stuff. Always used to be fights there and the police arresting fat middle aged blokes and women. It was dangerous.

Vaguely, I was very young when it was pedestrianised. I can obviously remember St Mary st when it had traffic, used to get the bus there. The stop i used was outside of some horrendous rough arsed clubs that concentrated on shite stereotypical eighties stuff. Always used to be fights there and the police arresting FAT MIDDLE AGED BLOKES and women. It was dangerous.

No need to describe "Splott Parker" like that

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I haven't got any common sense so haven't answered the survey.

With regards to the M4 relief road question- I believe that Boris is considering it as part of his uk wide infrastructure plan.
    Boris is trying to engineer votes for Tories in Wales and plans on withholding money from Wales if not spent on M4 relief road. But, just like the Boris bridge I or II or Boris water cannon, it doesn't make sense. Unless we're ready to talk about an M4 relief, relief road already.

Keeping Castle Street closed to traffic also, probably, doesn't make sense given layout of City centre.

I presume this is the bus lane as you go past the Hilton
    Also why cant we have a tunnel from weston to our side