+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GET CASTLE STREET OPEN TO TRAFFIC, voting form hopefully here.

Re: GET CASTLE STREET OPEN TO TRAFFIC, voting form hopefully here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Check out the cardiff bus website, the route i'm on, the 27, looks to me that it goes close to wood st, havelock st and around the back to the train station. Same for the buses from Pentwyn. I don't want to argue the toss with you about this, but from what i can see, there is access to the station and to connecting routes to the west of the city. If i'm wrong, then show me that i'm wrong, i have no problem with that, i'm not a stubborn arse like plenty on here. If the logistics aren't working then i'd gladly rethink my position. Anecdotes mean nothing though.
    Does the 27 come down Cathedral Rd way? If so it’s getting to the west of the city centre way before Castle St. I think Pentwyn buses would struggle unless they went straight across the lights at West Grove past the Blind Institute instead of turning right onto Newport Rd. Another way for Pentwyn buses would be Eastern Avenue/Western Avenue/ Mill Lane (the one opposite Llandaff rugby club), Cardiff Rd, Penhill and then Cathedral Rd.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I repeat, you are saying “shut Castle Street”

If you shut Castle Street, the 27 (which I use), cannot get access to the Central Hub of Cardiff

Watching footie now, goodbye
    Looks like you can't back yourself. Shame. Produce the evidence and i'll reconsider, instead of getting angry like you do.

Interesting that Bluebird23 is on this thread calling out posters for moaning Pot, kettle, black springs to mind Makes this messageboard what it is

Looks like you can't back yourself. Shame. Produce the evidence and i'll reconsider, instead of getting angry like you do.
    I’m trying Tuerto, I’m giving Cardiff Bus loads of alternative ways of getting folk to the city centre

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Does the 27 come down Cathedral Rd way? If so it’s getting to the west of the city centre way before Castle St. I think Pentwyn buses would struggle unless they went straight across the lights at West Grove past the Blind Institute instead of turning right onto Newport Rd. Another way for Pentwyn buses would be Eastern Avenue/Western Avenue/ Mill Lane (the one opposite Llandaff rugby club), Cardiff Rd, Penhill and then Cathedral Rd.
    Honest Splott, i don't know. I've just looked at the CB website, and from what i can gather, it looks like the buses get to the back of the station and around wood st. Take a look if you can be arsed. I might well be getting it wrong, wouldn't be the first time

I’m trying Tuerto, I’m giving Cardiff Bus loads of alternative ways of getting folk to the city centre
    You're a good man splotty, Bluetit has taken his ball home and he's not coming out to play

Honest Splott, i don't know. I've just looked at the CB website, and from what i can gather, it looks like the buses get to the back of the station and around wood st. Take a look if you can be arsed. I might well be getting it wrong, wouldn't be the first time
    My one post does show a bit of a convoluted route but it is a way of getting around the closing of Castle Street. If Cardiff Bus did try and persevere with alternative and new routes it would be strange at first with a bit of hoo-haahing but eventually the new and alternative become the norm and things settle down. It was chaos at first when Castle St closed with bus drivers not sure of what was happening. Perhaps it would be a smart move for the various council bodies to actually get together and work out a plan because it seems as though they work against each other rather than with each other. Is it a case of ‘empire building’ by the heads of the various departments, need their heads knocking together for the good of the city rather than them trying to win little personal battles. ( I’m not accusing any council official mind, it’s all personal opinion from afar)

My one post does show a bit of a convoluted route but it is a way of getting around the closing of Castle Street. If Cardiff Bus did try and persevere with alternative and new routes it would be strange at first with a bit of hoo-haahing but eventually the new and alternative become the norm and things settle down. It was chaos at first when Castle St closed with bus drivers not sure of what was happening. Perhaps it would be a smart move for the various council bodies to actually get together and work out a plan because it seems as though they work against each other rather than with each other. Is it a case of ‘empire building’ by the heads of the various departments, need their heads knocking together for the good of the city rather than them trying to win little personal battles. ( I’m not accusing any council official mind, it’s all personal opinion from afar)
    Steve I'd put you in charge of so many things if I could

You're a good man splotty, Bluetit has taken his ball home and he's not coming out to play
    Don’t get me started on ball games. Street football was the norm when I was a kid, too much traffic now, even ‘kerby’ is out of the question

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

I’d f*cking learn ‘em

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    You gotta laugh at you.

They should re-open the road to pander to the whims of one man, who only likes to use one bus.

Hysterical, comedy gold!

One man debating, but 100’s need the service.

You need to get a life !

First knocking Magic Mick, now trying to have a go at me

Water off a duck’s back my friend

Don’t get me started on ball games. Street football was the norm when I was a kid, too much traffic now, even ‘kerby’ is out of the question
    Same where i grew up, it was my ninian Park. Did you ever do running commentary in your head as a kid when you played football in the street? I did, always the last 30 seconds of the world cup final and i had to slot it in top corner, or mr Babbages green garage door as it was.

One man debating, but 100’s need the service.

You need to get a life !

First knocking Magic Mick, now trying to have a go at me

Water off a duck’s back my friend
    What's the score in the football

You're not paying attention to what is being said here.

Bluebird23 has suggested closing Castle Street to all traffic, including buses. Bluetit has suggested that doing so would deny access to the centre of Cardiff for buses from many routes, including the north of the city.

You've countered by saying "the route I'm on, the 27, looks to me that it goes close to wood st, havelock st and around the back to the train station."

As things stand it does indeed follow the route you suggest, but that's because Castle Street is currently open to buses, unlike earlier in the pandemic when it was closed to all traffic. For several months, the 27 bus (and many other services) had to start and finish in Greyfriars Road.

Can you translate this into Ingurlish please

Then I can reply

Norwich are winning 2-1.

Brighton just won 2-1 at Southampton

Norwich just about to win at Sheffield 2-1 . Injury time

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You're not paying attention to what is being said here.

Bluebird23 has suggested closing Castle Street to all traffic, including buses. Bluetit has suggested that doing so would deny access to the centre of Cardiff for buses from many routes, including the north of the city.

You've countered by saying "the route I'm on, the 27, looks to me that it goes close to wood st, havelock st and around the back to the train station."

As things stand it does indeed follow the route you suggest, but that's because Castle Street is currently open to buses, unlike earlier in the pandemic when it was closed to all traffic. For several months, the 27 bus (and many other services) had to start and finish in Greyfriars Road.
    Then i'm right as things stand at the moment. Thanks for clarifying that So, what you're saying is that during the closure of castle street to buses, you couldn't get near the train station or to wood st? you would have to walk from greyfriars rd?

Can you translate this into Ingurlish please

Then I can reply
    I think that Castle St should be closed to all traffic apart from buses, and deliveries. Hope that helps.

Then i'm right as things stand at the moment. Thanks for clarifying that So, what you're saying is that during the closure of castle street to buses, you couldn't get near the train station or to wood st? you would have to walk from greyfriars rd?
    That's correct. The 27 and many other services (including those from areas outside the city) had to start and finish in Greyfriars Road - a place that is totally unfit for anything more than a handful of services as there simply isn't enough room.

I think that Castle St should be closed to all traffic apart from buses, and deliveries. Hope that helps.
    What about taxis?

That's correct. The 27 and many other services (including those from areas outside the city) had to start and finish in Greyfriars Road - a place that is totally unfit for anything more than a handful of services as there simply isn't enough room.
    Well, that's not good enough. I suppose it was trialed due to lack of travel etc. I think that Castle St should be open to buses and Taxis, as it is now, and as it will be in my opinion.

What about taxis?
    Yeah, them as well.

Well, that's not good enough. I suppose it was trialed due to lack of travel etc. I think that Castle St should be open to buses and Taxis, as it is now, and as it will be in my opinion.
    What are your thoughts on the cycle lane on Kingsway that separates the pavement (and bus stops) from the road where the buses actually stop? I was going to say it's an accident waiting to happen, but I've already witnessed two accidents (and some violent repercussions) happen there despite having used the bus on only a handful of occasions in recent months.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Not quoting posts though, right? Please tell me you've give that position to anyone else.