+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mick McCarthy’s 2 year contract.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Mick McCarthy’s 2 year contract.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    ....the club should never have given it to him.

Typical of our clueless board to make such a panicked move, because another team ‘enquired about him.’

I’d love to know who that team was, as I can only think of Sheff Wednesday.

As with his recent track record, he couldn’t get arrested in this country and had to go Cyprus to manage a team no ones heard of. And even they sacked him, after eight games.

It should have been left to the end of the season, and reviewed as initially stated.

The football under him is absolute dross, and results aside, there’s no progression.

We have a better squad than both Swansea and Barnsley, so how come we can’t create chances to work the keeper from open play?

Vaulk’s late tame long range shot today, was the only save an opposition keeper’s had to make in the last two games.

I think we only had one attempt on target from open play, in the last three away games.

Our only goal scoring threat is set pieces, or throw ins.

Why can’t these players make a simple pass to a team mate, when’s there’s ample time and space, or create a chance?

Derby apart, our performances are awful (and they rested half their side), its anti-football.

I’m still mystified by him dropping Bacuna against Huddersfield, after his excellent performance against Derby. Bacuna offers far more as a starter, and is invariably poor as a sub.

Given the run of fixtures, why hasn’t Hoilett been given game time? He can be a match winner. And the less said about him picking Ralls who looks so off the pace, the better.

Now, we’ll be stuck with this footballing dinosaur next season, when there was a chance in the off season for the club to reflect and go down a different route like Swansea and Barnsley have and bring in a younger manager, to develop a better style of play.
    Better squad than Swansea ? Hmm. McCarthy has undoubtedly made us a better team - he hasn't made the players any better. There's no hiding the fact that compared to many in this division we're decidedly 'agricultural'. By great effort we've gone on a great run of form, but it's generally not easy on the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Better squad than Swansea ? Hmm. McCarthy has undoubtedly made us a better team - he hasn't made the players any better. There's no hiding the fact that compared to many in this division we're decidedly 'agricultural'. By great effort we've gone on a great run of form, but it's generally not easy on the eye.
    But, isn’t that point of a good manager, to improve players and bring out their best?

That’s being achieved at Swansea, and Barnsley.

There are many players in this squad, under performing.

I find some of MM’s team selections and subs, mystifying.

When we were 3/4 up on Derby, why bring Colwill on?

It’s one thing to bring through young players, but he won’t play a part in a meaningful game this season, whilst we still have a choice of the Playoffs.

So, why not give game time to Hoilett or others, who can make a difference, or have a look at Murphy playing through the centre?

I was no Glatzel fan, but why did MM allow him to leave before getting in a half decent option on loan as cover for Moore?

It’s a missed opportunity for the club to have had a re-set, in the Summer.

Personally, I’m not keen on renewing my season ticket to watch this dross, where players can’t pass the ball, or create a chance to work the keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    But, isn’t that point of a good manager, to improve players and bring out their best?

That’s being achieved at Swansea, and Barnsley.

There are many players in this squad, under performing.

I find some of MM’s team selections and subs, mystifying.

When we were 3/4 up on Derby, why bring Colwill on?

It’s one thing to bring through young players, but he won’t play a part in a meaningful game this season, whilst we still have a choice of the Playoffs.

So, why not give game time to Hoilett or others, who can make a difference, or have a look at Murphy playing through the centre?

I was no Glatzel fan, but why did MM allow him to leave before getting in a half decent option on loan as cover for Moore?

It’s a missed opportunity for the club to have had a re-set, in the Summer.

Personally, I’m not keen on renewing my season ticket to watch this dross, where players can’t pass the ball, or create a chance to work the keeper.
    Why bring Colwill on ?. Because he is one of the most promising under 23 players we have and some minutes experience on the pitch will help no end with his development.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why bring Colwill on ?. Because he is one of the most promising under 23 players we have and some minutes experience on the pitch will help no end with his development.
    I imagine if we had brought on Hoilett then Bluebird23 would be complaining that Mick isn't giving youth a chance

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It says a lot that people like Harris/MM, can’t bring a consistent decent performance out of Wilson.

He should be dominating at this level, but he’s often a peripheral figure with little influence on a game.

Sadly, he often looks a liability in this team. So he’s either dropped, or often subbed.

By the way, I’m not saying MM shouldn’t have been given a contract at the end of the season, if performances/results warranted it.

I’m saying we should have seen how things progressed, and throughly reviewed the situation then.