+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mick McCarthy’s 2 year contract.....

Re: Mick McCarthy’s 2 year contract.....

Can’t Bluebird23 be banned from this board?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Can’t Bluebird23 be banned from this board?
    Society’s going mad, now there’s even a ‘Cancel Culture’ on here if we don’t all follow the happy clapper narrative!

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    What do we expect though, with no creative midfield players. I like MM and I love Cardiff City, but we are not quite good enough to go up, at the moment. Still 10 games left to give it a good go though.
    The only this I wonder is why he dropped pack, who I was never a great fan of before, but has done really well under Mick and put Ralls straight back in. We look weaker with Ralls....

Mick And TC and the players have put serious work in to drag us back into contention

God bless em all

If people expect fantastic football and a winning team week in week out then cry like babies when we have a little stutter after a great run ..........feck off , stick on a Liverpool or Man United shirt and whinge and moan the rest of your life

ff sake

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    What do we expect though, with no creative midfield players. I like MM and I love Cardiff City, but we are not quite good enough to go up, at the moment. Still 10 games left to give it a good go though.
    thats constructive

Horseshit describes most criticism of mm

He's doing great

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Mick And TC and the players have put serious work in to drag us back into contention

God bless em all

If people expect fantastic football and a winning team week in week out then cry like babies when we have a little stutter after a great run ..........feck off , stick on a Liverpool or Man United shirt and whinge and moan the rest of your life

ff sake
    Do you think there are really any City fans who EXPECT fantastic football and a winning team week in, week out? When have we ever had that? Speaking for myself, it would be nice to occasionally see us play what I grew up thinking was meant by the term good football.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Do you think there are really any City fans who EXPECT fantastic football and a winning team week in, week out? When have we ever had that? Speaking for myself, it would be nice to occasionally see us play what I grew up thinking was meant by the term good football.
    Sludge is having a pop at people for being reactionary, by being reactionary

Still think time to decide whether to give him new contract or not - now read: the first time to assess whether it's a solid move or not - is in international window. Any comment either way before that is jumping the gun.

The second time to assess whether correct move to give new contract or not will be after a very busy off-season and then third check the usual 12 games into next season.

Yes , there are plenty of arseholes with no clue who think city should be dancing all over the faces of teams and playing to you to me nonsense

One defeat and the moaners are out

Bunch of saps

I can’t believe seasons campaigners on this forum are still biting.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Yes , there are plenty of arseholes with no clue who think city should be dancing all over the faces of teams and playing to you to me nonsense

One defeat and the moaners are out

Bunch of saps
    You've moved the goalposts there though Sludge. I still say that no City fan expects us to win every game we play - with the possible exception of Bluebird 23.

You've moved the goalposts there though Sludge. I still say that no City fan expects us to win every game we play - with the possible exception of Bluebird 23.
    I agree bob , I flew out of the traps

I will put my muzzle back on

Agree totally.

If we avoid the first ever league double between us and the Jacks next week, then that alone would be worthy of a 2 yr deal.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    If we avoid the first ever league double between us and the Jacks next week, then that alone would be worthy of a 2 yr deal.
    That is an unlikely scenario .
    I hate watching hoofball, Cardiff should have waited. I can't see MM taking us forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    That is an unlikely scenario .
    I hate watching hoofball, Cardiff should have waited. I can't see MM taking us forward.
    Exactly. I can’t understand why people don’t want the club to aim high in terms of its style of play at the same time as aiming to perform well, rather than just taking the short term approach.

It might be unrealistic to want Cardiff to be up there, mixing it with the big boys, playing great football, but isn’t that what being a fan is all about?

There’s too much playground bullying on this messageboard. Can’t we just accept that some people want to dream?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Exactly. I can’t understand why people don’t want the club to aim high in terms of its style of play at the same time as aiming to perform well, rather than just taking the short term approach.

It might be unrealistic to want Cardiff to be up there, mixing it with the big boys, playing great football, but isn’t that what being a fan is all about?

There’s too much playground bullying on this messageboard. Can’t we just accept that some people want to dream?
    It's not unrealistic. And it's fine to dream. We are a decent-sized club in the Welsh capital. We could and should have a top-flight football club. We don't have to live in the past.

I think it will be interesting at the end of the season what people's views are, obviously MM has time and anything can happen but it will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think it will be interesting at the end of the season what people's views are, obviously MM has time and anything can happen but it will be interesting.
    MM talked about being a pragmatic manger and having tactics meet the players available. At end of the summer/start of next season we'll probably know whether he's going to extend some of Warnock's favourites or not, as well as whether he's extended Murphy who deserves a separate grouping, and how he's replaced losing likes of Wilson and Ojo which will give a clearer view about what sort of manager MM will be going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post

Agree with what most of what you say actually but unfortunately most of the ‘bullying’ comes from people who don't like the club, team or manager and are not real fans. Surely being a fan is all about supporting the team through thick and thin and backing the manager as well, not continually criticising everything they do. Fans need to see and discuss the good things as well as the bad. That doesn't happen very often on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Agree with what most of what you say actually but unfortunately most of the ‘bullying’ comes from people who don't like the club, team or manager and are not real fans. Surely being a fan is all about supporting the team through thick and thin and backing the manager as well, not continually criticising everything they do. Fans need to see and discuss the good things as well as the bad. That doesn't happen very often on this board.
    I support Cardiff , as a supporter I want the best for the club . The best for the club would be a forward thinking manager from within
    a forward thinking club working within the financial boundarys we can afford.

Do I feel that is where we are at , No, No I dont and perhaps I am being a little broken record with my approach to snow ball , lack of passing etc , I feel quite strongly we have made a huge mistake and we will suffer for it .

Those that are using the results as their barrometer have nothing to fall back on when the results dip, an ealier post alluded to that. I shall watch with interest when the results start to go wrong (and they will) .
    The bullying towards Bluebird 23 wont bother him in the slightest . If there is any pointed in my direction that would amuse me .
    I know how to deal with bullies.

I feel that we’re where we were last year, in that after a poor spell, the team has charged up the table and whilst that is great, it’s only the here and now.
    To be fair to McCarthy, he’s done a lot with the young players, although I think that Harris got the barrel rolling.
    Maybe he’s been told that there won’t be a lot of money, so there is little alternative.
    The club could really benefit from communicating more with the fans, although things have improved a little.

I hope MM continues to do his best with the players and resources he has

So far he's done a great job and long may it continue

He's got the basics right , we are tighter and scoring goals

I can't see what else people expect ?

Champions league final ?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It's not unrealistic. And it's fine to dream. We are a decent-sized club in the Welsh capital. We could and should have a top-flight football club. We don't have to live in the past.
    Ah, but you see we had poor crowds in the 90s therefore we cannot have any aspirations above direct football and a midfield of cloggers in the Championship

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Ah, but you see we had poor crowds in the 90s therefore we cannot have any aspirations above direct football and a midfield of cloggers in the Championship
    So you think that Ralls, Vaulks, Bacuna, Pack, Wilson, Murphy and Hoilett are all cloggers then.