+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mick McCarthy’s 2 year contract.....

Re: Mick McCarthy’s 2 year contract.....

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I hope MM continues to do his best with the players and resources he has

So far he's done a great job and long may it continue

He's got the basics right , we are tighter and scoring goals

I can't see what else people expect ?

Champions league final ?
    Did you read what I posted ?
    No .
    Decent football.

When the results start to go the other way , and they will , I will watch with interest how the results are everything brigade turn on their beloved MM.

I will admit that in the dark days of the mid 1980s, I wished for us to return to what I thought we were. A below average Division 2 team. Capable of a decent crowd now and then. Maybe a cup run. But with a ridiculously large away following. And I'll be honest, the hardest fans I'd ever seen.

We live in new times. Cardiff is a great city. We should have a premier league club. Whatever Leicester can do, we can definitely do too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    No .
    Decent football.

When the results start to go the other way , and they will , I will watch with interest how the results are everything brigade turn on their beloved MM.
    Well if the results go the other way ,it’s logical that those who regard results as everything ( including myself actually) would complain.
    I mean ,surely you’re stating the obvious as if it’s some kind of contradiction.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So you think that Ralls, Vaulks, Bacuna, Pack, Wilson, Murphy and Hoilett are all cloggers then.
    Wingers

Would the other 4 get into a passing side like Brentford?

No .
    Decent football.

The only point that I would make about this is - lets say we had a different manager, were playing open, attractive football, passing to feet, no high balls, pressing high etc but losing every game. What would happen then ? The exact same people who are complaining currently would be up in arms wanting the manager sacked and players dropped. Football is all about finding a way of playing that suits the players you have and getting results. Always has been and always will. They have been any number of teams relegated from the Premier League and Championship who were lauded for their playing style. Barnsley for example when they got up last time in 1997 - did it do them any good ? No, straight back down. Fulham similarly in recent years on two occasions and probably a third this year. Swansea, Norwich the same.

The only point that I would make about this is - lets say we had a different manager, were playing open, attractive football, passing to feet, no high balls, pressing high etc but losing every game. What would happen then ? The exact same people who are complaining currently would be up in arms wanting the manager sacked and players dropped. Football is all about finding a way of playing that suits the players you have and getting results. Always has been and always will. They have been any number of teams relegated from the Premier League and Championship who were lauded for their playing style. Barnsley for example when they got up last time in 1997 - did it do them any good ? No, straight back down. Fulham similarly in recent years on two occasions and probably a third this year. Swansea, Norwich the same.
    There have also been plenty of teams that have been relegated from the Premier League whose style of play was old hat - us included.

Football can be many things - it doesn’t have to be finding a style of play to suit the players, because in the long term a club could - and should - choose a playing style, then recruit to suit.

We know that not all of our players are cloggers. They’re just being told to make it look like they are.

When you don't get results you get the sack . That's a fact. Finding a way to improve your style and retain results is the magic formula. Long hopeful balls will not take you anywhere in the modern game.

Fulham , Swansea and Norwich are trying to compete playing football . Funnily enough they are either in the greedy league or knocking on the door of it, playing decent football. Is there a club playing the long hopeful ball doing well in the premier league? The championship? Maybe league one.

We have no chance of getting back into the greedy league and if by some miracle we did, it would be embarrassing , football has evolved . If we don't evolve there is only one way we will go .

All that said , I support Cardiff , I believe I am entitled to my opinion even if it does ruffle a few feathers because I am not towing the party line and singing follow follow ....

I am also a life long Rangers supporter . When we were coming back up through the Scottish leagues playing the long ball I knew it wasn't going to get us anywhere (even in Scottish football) .
    Mark Warburton finally got us playing decent football , didn't quite get us back to the top but certainly gave hope.
    Steven Gerrard has made us hard to beat but we play a brand of football that is more than watchable.

So evolution rather than revolution is possible. When will we see a little evolution?

No .
    Decent football.

No , didn't read you posted

I am amazed , although I shouldn't be , that after a worrying run that was dragging us into a relegation dog fight people are concerned we are a team of cloggers

Firstly , we ain't

Secondly we have shot up the league and have an outside chance of a play off place

Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham could easily go down this season

Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I am amazed , although I shouldn't be , that after a worrying run that was dragging us into a relegation dog fight people are concerned we are a team of cloggers

Firstly , we ain't

Secondly we have shot up the league and have an outside chance of a play off place

Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham could easily go down this season

Jesus Christ
    What are you watching ?

Watching Cardiff makes my eyes bleed these days.

Ha ha!
    Bacuna scores and confounds the whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Ha ha!
    Bacuna scores and confounds the whiners.
    And we cant lose 5 nil. 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    And we cant lose 5 nil. 😂😂😂