+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mick McCarthy’s 2 year contract.....

Mick McCarthy’s 2 year contract.....

....the club should never have given it to him.

Typical of our clueless board to make such a panicked move, because another team ‘enquired about him.’

I’d love to know who that team was, as I can only think of Sheff Wednesday.

As with his recent track record, he couldn’t get arrested in this country and had to go Cyprus to manage a team no ones heard of. And even they sacked him, after eight games.

It should have been left to the end of the season, and reviewed as initially stated.

The football under him is absolute dross, and results aside, there’s no progression.

We have a better squad than both Swansea and Barnsley, so how come we can’t create chances to work the keeper from open play?

Vaulk’s late tame long range shot today, was the only save an opposition keeper’s had to make in the last two games.

I think we only had one attempt on target from open play, in the last three away games.

Our only goal scoring threat is set pieces, or throw ins.

Why can’t these players make a simple pass to a team mate, when’s there’s ample time and space, or create a chance?

Derby apart, our performances are awful (and they rested half their side), its anti-football.

I’m still mystified by him dropping Bacuna against Huddersfield, after his excellent performance against Derby. Bacuna offers far more as a starter, and is invariably poor as a sub.

Given the run of fixtures, why hasn’t Hoilett been given game time? He can be a match winner. And the less said about him picking Ralls who looks so off the pace, the better.

Now, we’ll be stuck with this footballing dinosaur next season, when there was a chance in the off season for the club to reflect and go down a different route like Swansea and Barnsley have and bring in a younger manager, to develop a better style of play.

Re: Mick McCarthy’s 2 year contract.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post

Typical of our clueless board to make such a panicked move, because another team ‘enquired about him.’

As with his recent track record, he couldn’t get arrested in this country and had to go Cyprus to manage a team no ones heard of. And even they sacked him, after eight games.

It should have been left to the end of the season, and reviewed as initially stated.

The football under him is absolute dross, and results aside, there’s no progression.

We have a better squad than both Swansea and Barnsley, so how come we can’t create chances to work the keeper from open play?

Vaulk’s late tame long range shot today, was the only save an opposition keeper’s had to make in the last two games.

I think we only had one attempt on target from open play, in the last three away games.

Why can’t these players make a simple pass to a team mate, when’s there’s ample time and space, or create a chance?

Derby apart, our performances are awful (and they rested half their side), its anti-football.

I’m still mystified by him dropping Bacuna against Huddersfield, after his excellent performance against Derby. Bacuna offers far more as a starter, and is invariably poor as a sub.

Given the run of fixtures, why hasn’t Hoilett been given game time? He can be a match winner. And the less said about him picking Ralls who looks so off the pace, the better.

Now, we’ll be stuck with this footballing dinosaur next season, when there was a chance in the off season for the club to reflect and go down a different route like Swansea and Barnsley have and bring in a younger manager, to develop a better style of play.
    Very entertaining post. Sounds like you've been praying for City's first defeat under MM so you could post it.

For the most predictable post of the week, from the most miserable poster on this board, please see the above.

Not the 1st post on this either.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    For the most predictable post of the week, from the most miserable poster on this board, please see the above.
    From a bloke who knows so little about football, he posted Sheff Utd hadn’t spent any money (they’d actually spent circa £120 million).

That’s post of the year, already.

It summed up how clueless, you are!

From a bloke who knows so little about football, he posted Sheff Utd hadn’t spent any money (they’d actually spent circa £120 million).

It must be so painful to be as miserable and negative as you.

I agree Mick should have been reviewed at the end of the season and then only been given a 1 year rolling contract! It now doesn’t look as though he is going to repeat Harris’s feat of getting us into the playoffs in his first season and if we are not in the top 6 by next Christmas we will have to pay off yet another Manager!

Can anyone on here honestly say they enjoy watching the Hoofball, sorry Football, we play?

I thought we were excellent today, knocked it about well, kept the ball on the deck superbly on times. McCarthy is proving to be a very shrewd appointment, his style of football will see us go very close next season should we fall short this term. His squad rotation is very clever in these hectic times, he knows who needs a break and when. I’ve enjoyed watching McCarthy’s side since he’s been here and long may it continue.

I've said before I thought it should have been reviewed at the end of the season. However it is what it is, Watford are a good team and we would have had a point if it wasn't for some odd keeping.

Better squad than Swansea ? Hmm. McCarthy has undoubtedly made us a better team - he hasn't made the players any better. There's no hiding the fact that compared to many in this division we're decidedly 'agricultural'. By great effort we've gone on a great run of form, but it's generally not easy on the eye.

For the most predictable post of the week from the most predictable poster in this board, please see the above.

We don’t all have to - or want to - blindly follow whichever manager is in the hot seat.

It’s a messageboard - where fans get to give their opinions and just because someone criticises the club, manager or team, doesn’t make them any less of a fan.

There are many who are sick and tired of being served up dross week in week out, so let them speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Better squad than Swansea ? Hmm. McCarthy has undoubtedly made us a better team - he hasn't made the players any better. There's no hiding the fact that compared to many in this division we're decidedly 'agricultural'. By great effort we've gone on a great run of form, but it's generally not easy on the eye.
    But, isn’t that point of a good manager, to improve players and bring out their best?

That’s being achieved at Swansea, and Barnsley.

There are many players in this squad, under performing.

I find some of MM’s team selections and subs, mystifying.

When we were 3/4 up on Derby, why bring Colwill on?

It’s one thing to bring through young players, but he won’t play a part in a meaningful game this season, whilst we still have a choice of the Playoffs.

So, why not give game time to Hoilett or others, who can make a difference, or have a look at Murphy playing through the centre?

I was no Glatzel fan, but why did MM allow him to leave before getting in a half decent option on loan as cover for Moore?

It’s a missed opportunity for the club to have had a re-set, in the Summer.

Personally, I’m not keen on renewing my season ticket to watch this dross, where players can’t pass the ball, or create a chance to work the keeper.

If I am clueless, what is continually starting the same thread over and over again and putting the exactly the same posts in them, every time City don't win a match. We all know that you don't like Cardiff City. Your behaviour borders on some sort of obsessive/compulsive egotistical disorder. PS.Please do us a favour and don't renew any season ticket with City that you might have.

If I am clueless, what is continually starting the same thread over and over again and putting the exactly the same posts in them, every time City don't win a match. We all know that you don't like Cardiff City. Your behaviour borders on some sort of obsessive/compulsive egotistical disorder. PS.Please do us a favour and don't renew any season ticket with City that you might have.
    So speaks the hoofball police.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It says a lot that people like Harris/MM, can’t bring a consistent decent performance out of Wilson.

He should be dominating at this level, but he’s often a peripheral figure with little influence on a game.

Sadly, he often looks a liability in this team. So he’s either dropped, or often subbed.

By the way, I’m not saying MM shouldn’t have been given a contract at the end of the season, if performances/results warranted it.

I’m saying we should have seen how things progressed, and throughly reviewed the situation then.

Go and watch the peg sellin', caravan dwellin', fatty trundle lovin', lucky heather heathens, you muppet!!

But, isn’t that point of a good manager, to improve players and bring out their best?

That’s being achieved at Swansea, and Barnsley.

There are many players in this squad, under performing.

I find some of MM’s team selections and subs, mystifying.

When we were 3/4 up on Derby, why bring Colwill on?

It’s one thing to bring through young players, but he won’t play a part in a meaningful game this season, whilst we still have a choice of the Playoffs.

So, why not give game time to Hoilett or others, who can make a difference, or have a look at Murphy playing through the centre?

I was no Glatzel fan, but why did MM allow him to leave before getting in a half decent option on loan as cover for Moore?

It’s a missed opportunity for the club to have had a re-set, in the Summer.

Personally, I’m not keen on renewing my season ticket to watch this dross, where players can’t pass the ball, or create a chance to work the keeper.
    Why bring Colwill on ?. Because he is one of the most promising under 23 players we have and some minutes experience on the pitch will help no end with his development.

Why bring Colwill on ?. Because he is one of the most promising under 23 players we have and some minutes experience on the pitch will help no end with his development.
    I imagine if we had brought on Hoilett then Bluebird23 would be complaining that Mick isn't giving youth a chance

Is there really need to quote the whole war and peace length post if you're only adding two or three short sentences?

I can see it now, Watford free kick, twitching begins. They score you fist pump then amble over to your computer to start the latest entry in your collection of shit short stories.

For the love of God mate have a day off, just once, for your own health. Even if as a wum it's no good for you fella.

Bore off Tandy

I think Bluebird23 should change add a photo of Piers Morgan as an avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Very entertaining post. Sounds like you've been praying for City's first defeat under MM so you could post it.
    Do you think he could be Neil Harris?

What do we expect though, with no creative midfield players. I like MM and I love Cardiff City, but we are not quite good enough to go up, at the moment. Still 10 games left to give it a good go though.