+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Marlon Pack

Marlon Pack

I’ve not been a fan of his but since McCarthy has come, I was very impressed with his performances. Ralls seems to have displaced him and we appear disjointed as a result. Didn’t think I’d say it but based on what I’ve seen I’d now be starting him every week alongside Vaulks

Re: Marlon Pack

I’ve been wondering about this but don’t watch us enough to really know. Pack and Bacuna seemed to be doing well, then Ralls re appears and gets straight back in and we don’t look nearly as solid or lively.....

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I’ve not been a fan of his but since McCarthy has come, I was very impressed with his performances. Ralls seems to have displaced him and we appear disjointed as a result. Didn’t think I’d say it but based on what I’ve seen I’d now be starting him every week alongside Vaulks
    Me too.
    This especially after Ralls's lackluster performance last week, I was surprised at his inclusion this.

Perhaps Pack is carrying a knock.
    There are times when we as fans are not party to all that really goes on at the club and particularly on the training ground.

Vaulks has proved his worth creatively and also chipped in with some excellent goals.

They would be my pairing in the middle but it is good that we do have options.

I thought Ralls was a lot better today and had a much better game than Vaulks.

Agreed

I'd also like us to have an alternative to 343, especially when making subs around the 60/70 minute mark where we use a speedy striker alongside Moore and someone creative just behind such as Williams (or Tomlin once fit).

Pack should be playing ahead of Ralls in my opinion. He has that ability to slow a game down. Ralls just passes to whoever he can as fast as he can.

He was sorely missed yesterday. I've never been a huge fan of Ralls, and I thought that we'd got him out of the side, then all of a sudden he's back. It was a mistake yesterday.

Vaulks is tired and needs a break

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I think we miss his composure.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Vaulks is tired and needs a break
    He'll get a break at the next international matches

Playing with only two in central midfield and three at the back was always a bit of a calculated risk, but it worked well for a while even when we were up against a central midfield three. However, City have a high intensity way of playing under Mick McCarthy which puts all of the outfield players bar the back three under a lot of physical pressure. Marlon Packs absence for all but ten minutes of our last two games is a mystery, especially as he had been playing well, but maybe the analysis tools they have these days identified that he was in need of a rest - I’d expect there to be at least one change in central mififor the Stoke match.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Playing with only two in central midfield and three at the back was always a bit of a calculated risk, but it worked well for a while even when we were up against a central midfield three. However, City have a high intensity way of playing under Mick McCarthy which puts all of the outfield players bar the back three under a lot of physical pressure. Marlon Packs absence for all but ten minutes of our last two games is a mystery, especially as he had been playing well, but maybe the analysis tools they have these days identified that he was in need of a rest - I’d expect there to be at least one change in central mififor the Stoke match.
    Let’s hope there is a good reason as we appear to have slipped away since pack hasn’t started and Ralls has.....

Vaulks and Ralls doesn’t work, they are too similar. Needs to be one or the other alongside Pack.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Vaulks and Ralls doesn’t work, they are too similar. Needs to be one or the other alongside Pack.
    And neither of them could pass water.
    Vaulks is a dreadful footballer, no vision, no passing ability, no composure. The only thing masking his awful performances as a midfield player is his dubious ability to clatter into people and hit a sweet shot once every 12 games. The pair of them should be moved on in the summer and the midfield completely rebuilt.

We are sacrificing a midfield player on the basis that Wilson will deliver. Unfortunately he doesn’t do so often enough. His moments of brilliance are too few and whilst accepting that one wonderful touch can win a match I would credit Vaulks as having had more of those moments.