+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wales Squad

Re: Wales Squad

well he will probably be put in once ramsey drops out - or will that be brooks?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Unfortunately it's probably too early for Ramsey and we need him to be built up for the Euros. Tyler Roberts to step into that role?

In terms of who replaces Rambo in the camp, and as harsh as this sounds, but Colwill as next man up? On basis of Colwill having better technical skill than Vaulks and MM identifying him as possible solution to "What happens when Moore needs a rest?" which is also going to be asked at international level. I don't want to come down on Vaulks who definitely has a part to play in future camps but would you select him if acting as manager of Brentford? I go back to that interview where he said this Cardiff team fits his style of play....

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Maybe harsh but since that game Wales have played 10 competitive matches winning 6 and drawing 3 in which time Vaulks played 3 minutes and Morrell was a regular starter.
    Agree, but harsh to miss out completely, especially with a friendly sandwiched in.

I think it's harsh on Vaulks, but I'm more pissed off that he's overlooked James Chester for James Lawrence.

Giggs is so pre occupied with players who can pass the ball that he's completely freezing out players who do other parts of the game well.

Or maybe I've just been watching Cardiff for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Brooks is out

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    I think it's harsh on Vaulks, but I'm more pissed off that he's overlooked James Chester for James Lawrence.

Giggs is so pre occupied with players who can pass the ball that he's completely freezing out players who do other parts of the game well.

Chester has been poorly treated.

True. Think Vaulks will come back in when not playing Belgium and Czechia mind.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Overlooking Jephcott is another strange one, banging them in in League 1 but nowhere to be seen

Giggs clearly has his favourites
    I dont think Jephcott has scored in 9? Vaulks can't play as well, he's done well for us but he's a really limited footballer and that's certainly counted against him. Still, he's better than Levitt at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Chester has been poorly treated.
    With his injury record, and his age, does Chester want to be involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    With his injury record, and his age, does Chester want to be involved?
    He hasn’t retired from international football and plays regularly again. If he wasn’t bothered he would surely have retired from internationals.

Wales to have "dialogue" with Juventus about Aaron Ramsey. I think it's harsh to say that Ramsey is not committed to Wales, but that only staring three of Wales' last twenty matches stat is a telling one and it seems to me that we're at a stage where now where we should plan as if he's not going to play and treat any games where he does play as a bonus;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56409934

Aaron Ramsey, Ben Davies & Tom Lockyer all out

Aaron Ramsey, Ben Davies & Tom Lockyer all out
    Davies is out as well? Losing his experience at the back is a blow! Going to be a real struggle against the Belgians, I suspect we might not get off to a great start in our WC qualifying campaign yet again

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wales to have "dialogue" with Juventus about Aaron Ramsey. I think it's harsh to say that Ramsey is not committed to Wales, but that only staring three of Wales' last twenty matches stat is a telling one and it seems to me that we're at a stage where now where we should plan as if he's not going to play and treat any games where he does play as a bonus;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56409934
    Hasn't he just had a quite poor time of injuries lately, last year and a half I guess. He seems to be unable to get much if a run going without something.

I agree we should be looking beyond him and bale really, think within the next couple of years, maybe less, we will officially not be able to call on either anyway.

All cycles I suppose but how I'd love to have prime bale and Ramsey back.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Davies is out as well? Losing his experience at the back is a blow! Going to be a real struggle against the Belgians, I suspect we might not get off to a great start in our WC qualifying campaign yet again
    with Davies out he might be forced to play 2 midfielders in midfield, rather than 1 centre back and 1 midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Hasn't he just had a quite poor time of injuries lately, last year and a half I guess. He seems to be unable to get much if a run going without something.

I agree we should be looking beyond him and bale really, think within the next couple of years, maybe less, we will officially not be able to call on either anyway.

All cycles I suppose but how I'd love to have prime bale and Ramsey back.
    Ramsey was in fine form and playing a run of games but over exerted himself trying to turn Emery's Arsenal around and hasn't had any luck since.

Davies has probably played more games this year than anyone not name Kieffer Moore and is a huge loss.

It's going to be a very tough game but we have to believe we can get something out of it.

Not good news about Ben Davies. Three certain starters in Davies, Ramsey and Brooks all missing.

That's an absolute nonsense of a selection from Giggs.

Is the requisite for Wales selection these days to be playing as few minutes as possible?

James Lawrence should be absolutely nowhere near an international squad. Especially when James Chester is fit and playing regularly.

What the **** has Tom Lawrence done to be picked?

We all know Vaulks is a limited player but how is he behind Sheehan, Smith and Levitt? It was great for Sheehan to get a call up but is he seriously now going to be a long term option for us? A ****ing 4th division player?!

Even someone like Robbie Burton is more deserving of a spot.

You just know he'll line up with Morrell and Smith against Belgium too.
    I read that Lawrence is only available for the Belgium game due to covid travel restrictions. Even more baffling, especially as he'll probably be sat on the bench for that game.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    I read that Lawrence is only available for the Belgium game due to covid travel restrictions. Even more baffling, especially as he'll probably be sat on the bench for that game.
    He'll start as Davies' replacement on the left of a back 3

He'll start as Davies' replacement on the left of a back 3
    Possible, i'm thinking that with Allen fit they might drop Ampadu back in there with Mepham and Rondon.

Possible, i'm thinking that with Allen fit they might drop Ampadu back in there with Mepham and Rondon.
    This seems like the obvious choice to me.

Hoping for a couple of covid isolation cases on their side. Well 4 or 5 would be nice!

Couldn't get a more difficult start to a world Cup campaign, Worlds number one away.

Could be a case of deja vu with respect to last Saturday, nine behind the ball with Bale up top.

Whatever the side, full court press from the off and see what happens.

The management seem to love Lawrence. I think it'll be Lawrence-Rodon-Mepham with Allen & Ampadu in midfield

The management seem to love Lawrence. I think it'll be Lawrence-Rodon-Mepham with Allen & Ampadu in midfield
    He's left footed, so they'll love that in the left of a 3. Apparently it is Hennessey; Mepham, Rodon, Lawrence; Roberts, Allen, Ampadu, RND; Bale, Moore, James... with the odd surprise. I hope Cabango plays

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's left footed, so they'll love that in the left of a 3. Apparently it is Hennessey; Mepham, Rodon, Lawrence; Roberts, Allen, Ampadu, RND; Bale, Moore, James... with the odd surprise. I hope Cabango plays
    Makes sense, i mean why have 5 defenders on the pitch when you can have 6

I know Belgium are No.1 but they've only faced England recently that are decent. A few much like ourselves e.g. Denmark, Switzerland, and Iceland...then loads of sh1te like Scotland, San Marino, Cyprus etc. So i'm predicting a miserable night for us as we ship 3 or 4

Wow, didn't see that team coming.

James Wilson Bale
    Allen Ampadu
    Neco, Lawrence, Rodon, Mepham, Roberts
    Ward