+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales Squad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wales Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    I'd mentioned in the Pack thread that Vaulks would get a rest during the international break, was half tongue in cheek expecting him to at least sit on the bench.

This is the weakest looking Welsh team for some time, the better players are ageing and despite the buzz on the youngsters by some, many haven't really kicked on (although plenty of time for some, for that to still happen). Weak at GK and across midfield, doesn't look good for the Euro 20 or WC qualification.
    yeah I was thinking the same. we've got about 7 or 8 good players. if everyone is fit we can put out a good team but we drop off very quickly after that. it's a pity more of the youngsters haven't kicked on.

over the bridge England have as much talent at the moment as I can ever remember them having. I can see them winning something soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yeah I was thinking the same. we've got about 7 or 8 good players. if everyone is fit we can put out a good team but we drop off very quickly after that. it's a pity more of the youngsters haven't kicked on.

over the bridge England have as much talent at the moment as I can ever remember them having. I can see them winning something soon.
    People are banging on about this being the best Welsh squad for some time, it really isn't. The current crop have the potential to be special, but they're nowhere near yet and time's running out for some of them to kick on. I do think our first XI is very good though if they're all fit and firing

Hennessey

Roberts/Williams Mepham Rodon Davies

Ampadu Allen

Bale Ramsey James

Moore

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    People are banging on about this being the best Welsh squad for some time, it really isn't. The current crop have the potential to be special, but they're nowhere near yet and time's running out for some of them to kick on. I do think our first XI is very good though if they're all fit and firing

Hennessey

Roberts/Williams Mepham Rodon Davies

Ampadu Allen

Bale Ramsey James

Moore
    Still think our 2016 squad was the best, packed with regular starters and most in the top flight.

How is Allen doing, can we expect the same one back. Any idea?