+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jordan Jones

Jordan Jones

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...turns-20168647

Anyone take the cake cobblers seriously except WOL ?

MM isn’t even playing wingers and we’ve already got at least three better wingers than this bloke playing in other roles and one out on loan.

Re: Jordan Jones

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...turns-20168647

Anyone take the cake cobblers seriously except WOL ?

MM isn’t even playing wingers and we’ve already got at least three better wingers than this bloke playing in other roles and one out on loan.
    While we don't play wingers in the traditional win role we do play wingers in a more free attacking role where they can switch flanks and play behind a front man.

We will lose Ojo and Wilson in the summer and I doubt we can afford either of them.

Whyte may move on.

Junior is out of contract and if I were him I'd leave and make a killing in the US while he can, he doesn't seem to be in the thoughts of MM at the moment.

That would leave us with Murphy.

So it is defiantly an area we will need to strengthen.

we are one of several clubs "keeping tabs" on him.

that's effectively meaningless. probably invented by his agent to try to get him a club for next season.
    not managed to break into the rangers team in a very weak league, or made any real impression in league one at Sunderland.
    I can't see it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

that's effectively meaningless. probably invented by his agent to try to get him a club for next season.
    not managed to break into the rangers team in a very weak league, or made any real impression in league one at Sunderland.
    I can't see it myself.
    We’ve at least one Rangers fan on this forum, so maybe someone can correct me if I’m wrong here, but my feeling is that Jordan Jones made less impact than Sheyi Ojo did at that club in 19/20. Ojo was not a regular starter for Rangers in the second half of last season and, although he’s certainly had quite a few good games for us, he’s been pretty inconsistent. So, based on what they’ve done at Rangers, Ojo seems the better player and his time at Cardiff hasn’t been wholly convincing, so is Jones really someone we should be signing?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We’ve at least one Rangers fan on this forum, so maybe someone can correct me if I’m wrong here, but my feeling is that Jordan Jones made less impact than Sheyi Ojo did at that club in 19/20. Ojo was not a regular starter for Rangers in the second half of last season and, although he’s certainly had quite a few good games for us, he’s been pretty inconsistent. So, based on what they’ve done at Rangers, Ojo seems the better player and his time at Cardiff hasn’t been wholly convincing, so is Jones really someone we should be signing?
    Very good point, but when did that kind of logic ever occur with Cardiff City?

Oops. There I go again, being cynical...

He's been really impressive according to Sunderland fans. My mate is desperate for him to sign. Scored two cracking goals vs Crewe and Pompey. The Crewe strike is an absolute worldie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbSLwJUTgaY

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

I can't see it myself.
    Absolutely right. This agent led fake story thing is getting very common and you might expect WOL to be above it if they want to be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Absolutely right. This agent led fake story thing is getting very common and you might expect WOL to be above it if they want to be taken seriously.
    the wol like every other news website want to get some hits for as minimal effort as possible. so if they get handed a self made story from an agent they aren't going to turn it down.