+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Season's all about Swansea now..

Season's all about Swansea now..

Lose and it will have been a disaster.
    Win and at least we will have something to shout about.

Re: Season's all about Swansea now..

I would take a 0-0 draw now if it was offered to me.

We needed to win tonight....can’t see us making the playoffs. They are ripe for a beating back

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Lose and it will have been a disaster.
    Win and at least we will have something to shout about.
    I won't write us off until it's impossible 👍

I wouldnt take a draw. We need 3 points.

It's been all about Saturday since December the 12th.

Will be intresting two teams needing a win to get back on track

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    It's been all about Saturday since December the 12th.
    Correct

Firstly we need to start the game at a better pace than we have done in the last few games and in the previous game against Swansea. Seems we’ve gone back to the mentality under Harris at the end of start slowly and try not to concede with very little attempt to push on at the beginning of games

not that fussed about the Swansea game.
    if we continue to develop the youngsters and develop our playing style a bit more I'll be reasonably positive about this season

All about Swansea in that it’s our next game and one we need get a positive result from if we want to keep in with a shout at squeaking a PO place.

For as long as I remember we get the better of the clowns by getting stuck in

They like poncing about

We can play a bit but goals win games and I would be looking at route one

They don't like a physical battle

Get into em 💪

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    For as long as I remember we get the better of the clowns by getting stuck in

They like poncing about

We can play a bit but goals win games and I would be looking at route one

They don't like a physical battle

Get into em 💪
    I agree.
    Basically we should not try and play any other way than what we have become used to.
    If we attempt to try and play through them too much we will come unstuck.

I expect them to have a lot of possession but we should make the best of what we have when we get it.
    If that means route one so be it, no passing about at the back.

I just hope that KM hasn't shot his bolt. Holding it up and bringing others into play is key.

The attitude of the referee is also key.
    Let's hope he's big enough for the occasion, doesn't fall for the theatrics and that the Swansea love-in takes a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    not that fussed about the Swansea game.
    if we continue to develop the youngsters and develop our playing style a bit more I'll be reasonably positive about this season
    If you're 'not fussed' about such a fixture, then I would suggest that you have lost something in your relationship with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I agree.
    Basically we should not try and play any other way than what we have become used to.
    If we attempt to try and play through them too much we will come unstuck.

I expect them to have a lot of possession but we should make the best of what we have when we get it.
    If that means route one so be it, no passing about at the back.

I just hope that KM hasn't shot his bolt. Holding it up and bringing others into play is key.

The attitude of the referee is also key.
    Let's hope he's big enough for the occasion, doesn't fall for the theatrics and that the Swansea love-in takes a break.
    You and Sludge make it sound like we should go there and try to kick them off the park and then you say the ref needs to be strong and not fall for theatrics - with the way the game is these days, there won’t be any need for Swansea theatrics, we’ll have eight players on the pitch in no time at all

They've been shit for a while and two of their wins were due to late dodgy penalties. I fancy us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    If you're 'not fussed' about such a fixture, then I would suggest that you have lost something in your relationship with the game.
    in terms of rivalries yes absolutely, not sure why, possibly working from home means I have no Swansea fans in my life at all, but to me now it is just another fixture.

It will be a near impossibility to make Jamal Lowe look that good again.

They are there for the taking.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You and Sludge make it sound like we should go there and try to kick them off the park and then you say the ref needs to be strong and not fall for theatrics - with the way the game is these days, there won’t be any need for Swansea theatrics, we’ll have eight players on the pitch in no time at all
    Our rep goes before us and my guess is the FA will be in the ref's ear beforehand.

If he allows there to be "contact" then we may have a chance but as you infer, many referees these days don't allow any at all.

A Mike Dean would be good.
    He got physically assaulted in the one Derby and had a great game, allowing the game to flow.
    He even managed to fit in a last minute pelanty for us

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    They've been shit for a while and two of their wins were due to late dodgy penalties. I fancy us.
    I watched a bit of their game last night. they lost 3-0 but were 3 times better than us .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I watched a bit of their game last night. they lost 3-0 but were 3 times better than us .
    On 3 occasions they weren’t

I know this game is on Sky, but there doesn't seem to be any opportunity to watch via CityTV? It's not kicking off at 3pm, so it should be available. Anyone heard anything?