10 Wales players on the pitch

When was the last time that happened?

Vaulks, Wilson, Williams & Moore

Davies, Norrington-Davies, Chester, Allen, Vokes & Norton

Re: 10 Wales players on the pitch

As I said in another thread :——-

I would not shout about that

Feel like Vaulks was the best of them as well, not that there was too much competition

10 wales players on the pitch play out a dire 0-0 draw in mid table championship battle

Let that sink in

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    10 wales players on the pitch play out a dire 0-0 draw in mid table championship battle

Let that sink in
    that should be no surprise to anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    that should be no surprise to anyone
    10 out of the 23 for Euros 2016 were Premier League players, 1 was La Liga and 3 were SPL.
    2 were playing in Champions League, 2 were playing in the Europa League.
    (haven't gone back to check if likes of Taylor, Collins, Hennessey were playing regularly for their clubs or not).
    6 were playing in Championship.
    2 were plying their trade in leagues below that.

It's not going to help that Foden and Mount are probably going to compete with Halaand and Mbappé over the next decade for Ballon D'or while Kane and Sterling can now walk into any Champions League playing side they like while representing our closest neighbour, but worthwhile remembering the benchmark set by Toshack's/Speed's crop. Aim is now to match or improve on that in each generation.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    10 out of the 23 for Euros 2016 were Premier League players, 1 was La Liga and 3 were SPL.
    (haven't gone back to check if likes of Taylor, Collins, Hennessey were playing regularly for their clubs or not).

It's not going to help that Foden and Mount are probably going to compete with Halaand and Mbappé over the next decade for Ballon D'or while Kane and Sterling can now walk into any Champions League playing side they like while representing our closest neighbour, but worthwhile remembering the benchmark set by Toshack's/Speed's crop. Aim is now to match or improve on that in each generation.
    England have a sickening amount of talent at the moment.

they could still pick the likes of foden, mount, Sancho, TAA, rice, greenwood, Saka in their u21s squad. they should be a real force for the next decade.

although france are also bringing through a lot of talent too

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

The current squad has 10 players at Premier League clubs & one in Serie A. That's not bad going for a small country

they could still pick the likes of foden, mount, Sancho, TAA, rice, greenwood, Saka in their u21s squad. they should be a real force for the next decade.

England always have lots of talent, its a highly populated rich country where football is the main sport. We should never compare ourselves to them as they should always be streets ahead. More relevant comparisons are the likes of Ireland & Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    England always have lots of talent, its a highly populated rich country where football is the main sport. We should never compare ourselves to them as they should always be streets ahead. More relevant comparisons are the likes of Ireland & Scotland
    that's true, but England have a huge amount of talent at the moment even for them.

that's true, but England have a huge amount of talent at the moment even for them.
    And they’ll still win f*** all

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The current squad has 10 players at Premier League clubs & one in Serie A. That's not bad going for a small country
    True. Neco has played a few Champions League games and Burton on bench for Europa League so you could say 2 Champions League players and 5 Europa League ones now - if you're glass half full.

Will be handy to remember Osian Roberts (?) saying aim was to be better than what was inherited which was a side competing to qualify for a tournament once every 10 years or so...even if I have not remembered the quote myself! It was something like that though. Up to Dave Adams and new lot to build up to reaching higher aims so new benchmark can be set.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    As I said in another thread :——-

I would not shout about that
    Indeed ,there was a genuine lack of quality .

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post

Let that sink in
    I'd rather let the fact we've qualified for Euro 2021, been promoted to Group A of the Nations League and are unbeaten in 11 competitive games sink in. Seems more fair and less unnecessarily miserable.

Since the FA set up their St George's training facility in 2012 their pool talent has gone from strength to strength. Remember that Foden, Sancho, Hudson Odoi were all in the team that won the under 17 World Cup 4 years ago. A certain Rhian Brewster was also top scorer in the tournament. Theyve got a steady stream of talent on the conveyor belt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Since the FA set up their St George's training facility in 2012 their pool talent has gone from strength to strength. Remember that Foden, Sancho, Hudson Odoi were all in the team that won the under 17 World Cup 4 years ago. A certain Rhian Brewster was also top scorer in the tournament. Theyve got a steady stream of talent on the conveyor belt.

You name some good players in that group and some of them will go on to have great club careers The problem Ingurlund have is, that whilst these players play well with other world class players around them AT CLUB LEVEL, as a unit in the ingurlund set up, they do not produce the same level of performance, therefore, somewhere along the way they have a stinker and lose to lesser teams.

You name some good players in that group and some of them will go on to have great club careers The problem Ingurlund have is, that whilst these players play well with other world class players around them AT CLUB LEVEL, as a unit in the ingurlund set up, they do not produce the same level of performance, therefore, somewhere along the way they have a stinker and lose to lesser teams.
    I don't think the new crop have had a run though, they've only really come through since the last tournament and Southgate seems to be playing it safe. They'll win something in the not too distant future, the amount of attacking talent they've got is frightening

Ingerlund should build their side around players from Weeds, Sjoke and Abertawe Town in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ingerlund should build their side around players from Weeds, Sjoke and Abertawe Town in my opinion.
    Perfick

England have a crazy amount of talent coming through but they always have done. Is it any different to the years people drooled over Gerard, lampard, scholes etc.

They continually under achieve and Wales in more recent times over achieve. Personally I’d consider even the semi final against Croatia a massive failure, they had an easy run and failed at the first difficult hurdle.

Im not anti England ( though I wouldn’t want them to win a trophy!) just it’s a never ending circle of their teams getting talked up, destroying managers and ultimate failure

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    England have a crazy amount of talent coming through but they always have done. Is it any different to the years people drooled over Gerard, lampard, scholes etc.

They continually under achieve and Wales in more recent times over achieve. Personally I’d consider even the semi final against Croatia a massive failure, they had an easy run and failed at the first difficult hurdle.

Im not anti England ( though I wouldn’t want them to win a trophy!) just it’s a never ending circle of their teams getting talked up, destroying managers and ultimate failure
    Exactly, at Euro 2004 England could put out an 11 including Ashley Cole, John Terry, Sol Campbell, David Beckham, Steven Gerrard, Paul Scholes, Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney & Michael Owen. All world class players & the likes of Joe Cole, Ledley King & Owen Hargreaves on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post

the depth of talent they have coming through now is incredible though. I'm not convinced that have the correct manager to make use of it though.

they wasted the gerrard/Lampard/scholes years by trying to shoehorn them all into formations that made no sense.

And the potential alternatives were a big step down in quality.

Nowadays they have the likes of Foden, Grealish, Mount, Maddison and several others, but none of them are undroppable so the opportunity is there at least to play a balanced side, even if they haven't always recently.

their depth at right back is ridiculous as well.

Trippier, James, Alexander-Arnold, Walker, Cash, Ayling, Aarons, Justin, Lamptey, Wan-Bissaka.

Any one of those ten would walk into the Wales team.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Feel like Vaulks was the best of them as well, not that there was too much competition
    Strange that Williams (according to Transfermarkt) has played 19 mins since the end of January and gets selected for Wales when Vaulks has had a pretty good season doesn't get picked for the squad.

StT.
    <><