+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom Sang

Tom Sang

IMO a faultless display from this kid tonight in an otherwise turgid game

Re: Tom Sang

Yeah he played well and looks decent on the ball. One superb pass to Moore as well.

Major positive. The players are absolutely spent, Moore especially. One positive, we should get to see Sang, Colwill etc get some minutes.

Great display, great potential. Also Ng impresses me more each time I see him.

Id like to see Sang in central midfield at some point.

Makes you wonder why he never played before.

A very good display and has confidence which is good at fullback

Did well.

Slightly off topic, there hasn't been much about what to chant for the lad, when we next get the chance that is.

Is nobody proposing to sing a song for Sang?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yeah he played well and looks decent on the ball. One superb pass to Moore as well.
    I like Sang a lot and he played well tonight. However he's not a full back or wing back. I think he is better suited to centre midfield and couldn't we have done with him there tonight?

On another point what has Hoilett done to MM that he doesn't get a game? We've missed his runs in a few games recently, resorting to 40 yd lumps upfield that never play to Moore's strengths.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    I like Sang a lot and he played well tonight. However he's not a full back or wing back. I think he is better suited to centre midfield and couldn't we have done with him there tonight?

On another point what has Hoilett done to MM that he doesn't get a game? We've missed his runs in a few games recently, resorting to 40 yd lumps upfield that never play to Moore's strengths.

StT.
    <><
    I agree with you but Hoilett doesn't run. He ambles - with close control and a bit of wizardry.

Very impressed with Sang, I hope he becomes a regular

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Did well.

Slightly off topic, there hasn't been much about what to chant for the lad, when we next get the chance that is.

Is nobody proposing to sing a song for Sang?
    I'm hoping we can get a Ciaron Brown chant going to the tune of Golden Brown by The Stranglers

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    IMO a faultless display from this kid tonight in an otherwise turgid game
    Yes he does look like a great new talent, as does NG and Ciaron Brown

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I agree with you but Hoilett doesn't run. He ambles - with close control and a bit of wizardry.
    At least he goes forward and scores a goal or two. Both of which were in short supply tonight, sadly.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Id like to see Sang in central midfield at some point.
    It looks like he's got one big disadvantage when it comes to being selected in our central midfield, it looks like he can pass the ball. Our last manager but one seemed to see that as a liability, our last manager talked about passing it more, but gave up on that after very limited success in doing so and our current one appears to be happy with the speculative hook forward from midfield which has become what passes for passing at Cardiff in the past five years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Great display, great potential. Also Ng impresses me more each time I see him.
    Think Ng needs to get back on the right as soon as possible.

I generally agree with Glen Williams player ratings but I thought he was a little unfair on Sang yesterday, think he gave him a 6. He deserved a 7 at least. Thought he looked solid, quick and a good passer.

He didn't look out of place at all. I agree with some comments that perhaps he is better suited to central midfield.

The best thing MM has done in my opinion, apart from stopping the rot, is to put trust in some of these youngsters.

The average age of our team under Warnock was 29/30, Harris 28 and now around 26.

Before we signed Ng, Murphy was the youngest regular starter - and actually not that regular.

Sang, Harris, Brown, Baglan and Colwill all making the squad and having more first team experience under MM.

Good to see.

However, last night was painful and I feel sorry for the youngsters - they were very much let down by some senior team players last night. I have been critical of Pack in the past but under MM he has done much better... however, I think he certainly lacked the composure we needed last night. Morrison was also poor... hoofing the ball back to their defenders rather than more considered passing, which he is capable of. Ojo and Bacuna had poor evenings. Moore was very unwise with his runs... was out wide most of the night and when he did get his chances he fluffed his lines. So the youngsters come out of the game wit6h more credit than the senior players.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'm hoping we can get a Ciaron Brown chant going to the tune of Golden Brown by The Stranglers
    haha. yes that fits.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I generally agree with Glen Williams player ratings but I thought he was a little unfair on Sang yesterday, think he gave him a 6. He deserved a 7 at least. Thought he looked solid, quick and a good passer.

He didn't look out of place at all. I agree with some comments that perhaps he is better suited to central midfield.

The best thing MM has done in my opinion, apart from stopping the rot, is to put trust in some of these youngsters.

The average age of our team under Warnock was 29/30, Harris 28 and now around 26.

Before we signed Ng, Murphy was the youngest regular starter - and actually not that regular.

Sang, Harris, Brown, Baglan and Colwill all making the squad and having more first team experience under MM.

Good to see.

However, last night was painful and I feel sorry for the youngsters - they were very much let down by some senior team players last night. I have been critical of Pack in the past but under MM he has done much better... however, I think he certainly lacked the composure we needed last night. Morrison was also poor... hoofing the ball back to their defenders rather than more considered passing, which he is capable of. Ojo and Bacuna had poor evenings. Moore was very unwise with his runs... was out wide most of the night and when he did get his chances he fluffed his lines. So the youngsters come out of the game wit6h more credit than the senior players.
    I thought Sang embarrassed the older members of the team with the quality of his passing at times and was just about to start a thread about the Wales Online markings under the title "what game was he watching?", but I'll just add a link here for anyone who wants to see them;-

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...stoke-20189927

He was solid enough in defence and energetic in attack but also hooked some balls forward that were too straight and too long so came to nothing.

Tom Sang 6

Did well defensively but perhaps needed to do more at the other end of the pitch. A sound night, though.
    Think that's a very fair description of his game last night, but really it's just his third start and we're comparing him to NG who has been excellent in that role.

The more concerning write-up is for Brown who also gets a 6 and is described as ok defensively but nervous with ball at his feet. He's in what looks like his best position, has only had one 90mins there, so we now need more from him if we're going to extend that contract. I'm sure we'll see him more after international window to give him a full chance.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    He was solid enough in defence and energetic in attack but also hooked some balls forward that were too straight and too long so came to nothing.

Think that's a very fair description of his game last night, but really it's just his third start and we're comparing him to NG who has been excellent in that role.

The more concerning write-up is for Brown who also gets a 6 and is described as ok defensively but nervous with ball at his feet. He's in what looks like his best position, has only had one 90mins there, so we now need more from him if we're going to extend that contract. I'm sure we'll see him more after international window to give him a full chance.
    The point is that, compared to his team mates, Sang provided less "hooked some balls forward that were too straight and too long so came to nothing" than his team mates and actually displayed some quality passing at times.

You seem to be saying that the Wales Online hack is right in his opinions of Sang and Brow. When you compare the marks he gave them to the ones he gave some of the more senior players last night, there has to be some doubt as to that surely? In the final games of Neil Harris' time in charge, this guy was doling out threes and fours as if they were going out of fashion - evidently, he thought last night was twice as good as what we were seeing around Christmas time!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The point is that, compared to his team mates, Sang provided less "hooked some balls forward that were too straight and too long so came to nothing" than his team mates and actually displayed some quality passing at times.

You seem to be saying that the Wales Online hack is right in his opinions of Sang and Brow. When you compare the marks he gave them to the ones he gave some of the more senior players last night, there has to be some doubt as to that surely? In the final games of Neil Harris' time in charge, this guy was doling out threes and fours as if they were going out of fashion - evidently, he thought last night was twice as good as what we were seeing around Christmas time!
    I don't really know how player ratings work in paper write-ups, and it sometimes appears neither do those picking them. Are they made in comparison to other players or other matches? My ratings on here probably vary between different methods however, for this game, I thought the rating and description of Sang's game was fair but didn't think about comparing him to others when making that judgement.

I struggle to judge Brown because he looks too much like Morrison to me If that's what is being said then I'd acknowledge it's his first 90mins in favoured position but also say we need to see more as he's given greater number of chances after international window.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I don't really know how player ratings work in paper write-ups, and it sometimes appears neither do those picking them. Are they made in comparison to other players or other matches? My ratings on here probably vary between different methods however, for this game, I thought the rating and description of Sang's game was fair but didn't think about comparing him to others when making that judgement.

I struggle to judge Brown because he looks too much like Morrison to me If that's what is being said then I'd acknowledge it's his first 90mins in favoured position but also say we need to see more as he's given greater number of chances after international window.
    I thought six was a fair mark for Brown last night, but struggle to see what Morrison and "cult hero" Flint did to deserve sevens. If Brown was "nervous with the ball at his feet", then the same could be said for at least a half of our outfield players, including both of his centreback colleagues.

Sang and Ng were our two best players last night
    I'd like to see Sang playing in midfield,
    We've had a great start under Mick, just got to keep the momentum going and finish the season off on a positive note, and build for next season

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post

StT.
    <><
    I'm guessing his contract isn't going to be renewed (I'd imagine he's one of the bigger earners?) and Mick would rather focus on looking at players who will be here next season.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    I'm guessing his contract isn't going to be renewed (I'd imagine he's one of the bigger earners?) and Mick would rather focus on looking at players who will be here next season.
    Agreed.