+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mick and the Jack's game

Re: Mick and the Jack's game

Of course hoping for a draw isnt the best we can hope for. They are Swansea not Man City. They will probably have Fulton and Smith in centre midfield , no out and out striker and a ropey keeper.

We are more than capable of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Bollox, what about chops last minute winner? Bellers sublime curler at the library? If my memory serves me right that 2-2 wasn’t great at all, early k o, no atmosphere and we were very lucky to get a point.
    Those games were great wins, dull matches.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    And of course the home game in the PL, yes it was in red but Caulker's towering header and their keeper being sent off was great
    Again, great win, rubbish game.

Would not like to call this one both teams on pretty poor form at the moment. At least we are hard to beat but not much more than that. As someone else has said if things are going poorly I hope we don't wait till 15 minutes from the end before making a subsistution. Hopefully Wilson and Murphy are rested. The team owe us a good performance after all the poor ones in this game recently.

There hasn't been an occasion that I can recall were we had as many Welsh players/internationals in our squad so the players should be under no illusions about how this game isn't just another one.
    Also for fans living in Cardiff and the majority of the valleys who are surrounded by fellow bluebirds, I can assure you it's not like that living in Neath or Port Talbot. So as someone once said, I'd love it if we beat them, love it.

Pretty poor form?
    current form table:
    1. Barnsley
    2. Norwich
    3. Watford
    4. Cardiff
    5. QPR
    6. Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Pretty poor form?
    current form table:
    1. Barnsley
    2. Norwich
    3. Watford
    4. Cardiff
    5. QPR
    6. Swansea
    Jacks are 9th over past 4 games, City are 13th over the same period.
    Jacks are 10th over past 6 games, City are 11th.
    City are 5th over past 8 games, Swansea are 9th.

Think doing it over 10 games, as you have, helps identify who is sustaining a successful run, and we can see which direction they're trending in when looking at different points as above, but form should be decided over past 4 or 6 games only.

Both sides in midtable form and we've fallen off quite a bit from when we were 4th best.