+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mick and the Jack's game

Mick and the Jack's game

Like Neil Warnock Mick knows how important this game is.
    It's fascinating to see how he approaches the game.
    Who will start?
    Will we close them down at the back like we did in that famous Bellamy strike win?
    Will the Jack's be on form.

I anticipate a fast furious game if the referee doesn't interfere.

Will get a good sky audience I think.

A draw looks likely.

So love football.

Re: Mick and the Jack's game

Just win please Mick , by applying a very robust risk type approach to each tackle , and second ball challenges .

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Who will start?
    Will we close them down at the back like we did in that famous Bellamy strike win?

A draw looks likely.

So love football.
    Let's hope he can motivate them better than Warnock, who in his one game against them at the Liberty sent out a team that looked like half of them had been out on a bender in Wind St the night before and had woken up a couple of hours earlier after sleeping rough on Mumbles Pier.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Just win please Mick , by applying a very robust risk type approach to each tackle , and second ball challenges .
    Eh?

Who will start?

A draw looks likely.

So love football.
    "Like Neil Warnock"? I ****ing hope not, Warnock just treated them just like any other game.

Who will start?

A draw looks likely.

So love football.
    Like Warnock? We were dreadful when we went to the Liberty under Warnock, completely gutless

like warbmnock?..is he havin a laff

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    "Like Neil Warnock"? I ****ing hope not, Warnock just treated them just like any other game.
    Too right, we never beat them under him did we? Harris was even worse, we turn up on Valium and as usual they are on crack

They are ripe at the moment so no better time to play them, they will be losing it as 2nd spot slips away.....we should def go there and go for it no sitting back

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Eh?
    Thats a very wordy version of...

Get into them. **** them up.

The Jacks are obsessed with this fixture. Infinitely more than we are, as fans and as a club. We will NEVER be more up for it than them. The problems begin when they are also a better team. They probably are this year unfortunately. We are going to have to play damn well.

As they have the chance of the first ever double & a top 2 slot they’ll be motivated. Our current team will also be motivated, the attitude is now right again but I can’t see Mick doing anything radically different. Wilson & Murphy will be back in, think Ng & Sang will both start, Nelson back in in place of Brown. Pack & Vaulks in the middle. Usual low possession, high press, hit them on the break. A red card in the mix somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    As they have the chance of the first ever double & a top 2 slot they’ll be motivated. Our current team will also be motivated, the attitude is now right again but I can’t see Mick doing anything radically different. Wilson & Murphy will be back in, think Ng & Sang will both start, Nelson back in in place of Brown. Pack & Vaulks in the middle. Usual low possession, high press, hit them on the break. A red card in the mix somewhere
    I thought Nelson was still injured? I'd give Vaulks a rest, he's been looking very tired

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I thought Nelson was still injured? I'd give Vaulks a rest, he's been looking very tired
    You’re right I didn’t realise. So the same team that started against Sjoke then but Murphy & Wilson in for Bacuna & Ojo then

Two shite teams, fixture will be massively overhyped as usual, and a compete anti climax.

Probably a bore draw.

Mick won’t be too unhappy, all he’s interested in is not losing.

He probably won’t make his first sub untill the 75th minute, and then ‘go for it’, by bringing his next sub on with five minutes left.

The last decent Derby game was the 2-2 draw at Ninian in 2009.

Now that, was a cracking game!

https://youtu.be/sDZl8r6cCR0

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Two shite teams, fixture will be massively overhyped as usual, and a compete anti climax.

Probably a bore draw.

Mick won’t be too unhappy, all he’s interested in is not losing.

He probably won’t make his first sub untill the 75th minute, and then ‘go for it’, by bringing his next sub on with five minutes left.

The last decent Derby game was the 2-2 draw at Ninian in 2009.

Now that, was a cracking game!

https://youtu.be/sDZl8r6cCR0
    Bollox, what about chops last minute winner? Bellers sublime curler at the library? If my memory serves me right that 2-2 wasn’t great at all, early k o, no atmosphere and we were very lucky to get a point.

There’s part of me that wouldn’t be too disappointed by a defeat on Saturday - it’d maybe give the club the kick up the backside it needs.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There’s part of me that wouldn’t be too disappointed by a defeat on Saturday - it’d maybe give the club the kick up the backside it needs.
    A draw maybe to keep us in the mix? They are floundering a bit but always seem to rise up when we turn up, be nice if we did for a change. They’ve lost to the wurzels, Bournemouth and hudds recently, they are beatable.
    Nothing to lose....we ain’t going down

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    A draw maybe to keep us in the mix? They are floundering a bit but always seem to rise up when we turn up, be nice if we did for a change. They’ve lost to the wurzels, Bournemouth and hudds recently, they are beatable.
    Nothing to lose....we ain’t going down
    Back in December, I thought there was a huge gap between the two clubs, but what’s happened since then suggests it’s not as big as I thought - I still think that if both teams play to their best, the jacks win though.
    I’m a hypocrite really because I always say I see Bristol City as our main rivals, but I lost it after the first match with the jacks because, for the third time in four games against them, we didn’t turn up - City teams from ten to fifteen years ago, “got” the Swansea game (they may have lost some of them, but they got it) I’d be quite happy after a defeat on Saturday which showed that the present lot did as well.

A goal would be nice.

There will be no-one more aware of what this means to the fans than the players that have played in these matches before. They won't want the social media rinsing they got last time.

As an aside I'll be having a small wager on Valks being sent off if he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    A goal would be nice.
    Yes a goal would be a start, it’s been a while!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Bollox, what about chops last minute winner? Bellers sublime curler at the library? If my memory serves me right that 2-2 wasn’t great at all, early k o, no atmosphere and we were very lucky to get a point.
    And of course the home game in the PL, yes it was in red but Caulker's towering header and their keeper being sent off was great

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    The Jacks are obsessed with this fixture. Infinitely more than we are, as fans and as a club. We will NEVER be more up for it than them. The problems begin when they are also a better team. They probably are this year unfortunately. We are going to have to play damn well.
    Agreed. Even when they’re arguably better on paper they tend to have that underdog / chip on shoulder edge for this fixture that we just don’t seem to muster in the same way. Always feel they start with a couple of % points of an advantage because of it.

Platitude I know, but first goal could be very crucial. Although they’ve gotten a bit sloppy recently they’ve had a pretty mean defence this season. Saying that, we’ve netted a fair amount over the course of it too.

Shame there’s no crowd for an evening fixture, beats the noon KOs (or earlier).

I don’t think their recent form will be too much of a barometer, as they always seem to be more motivated than us.
    They’ve also got the carrot of top 2.
    Avoiding defeat is realistically the best we can hope for, particularly with key players looking worn out.