+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley win again

Barnsley win again

The play-offs will be out of reach for us if Reading beat Birmingham.

Re: Barnsley win again

Fair play to ‘em, just noticed their goal difference of +8 as opposed to our +17, I s’pose it shows that they’ve eked out victories whereas we’ve had a few high scoring wins in short bursts. If they keep this up no bugger will want them in the play offs. Makes our comeback point at their place and our 3-0 home win look quite impressive......pity about a lot of the rest of our season.

We have to play reading here don’t we? Our best chance of catching them....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    We have to play reading here don’t we? Our best chance of catching them....
    They're 2-1 behind at Brum.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    They're 2-1 behind at Brum.
    Great...when we beat the unwashed we won’t be far behind

They be going up automatically the way they’re going

3 subs on 63 minutes again. Mowatt red card though - their first real difficulty?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Great...when we beat the unwashed we won’t be far behind
    FT 2-1

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    FT 2-1
    There is still a glimmer of hope for us if we can beat the Jacks on Saturday. We've got a lot of winnable games coming up after that.

Its all to play for , up and at em .

Reading, Bournemouth, Boro and us going for one play-off place now. We'd look so much better if had managed to get 4 points this week instead of 1, especially as we still get to play Reading.

Good luck to them

We won't catch Norwich now.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Reading, Bournemouth, Boro and us going for one play-off place now. We'd look so much better if had managed to get 4 points this week instead of 1, especially as we still get to play Reading.
    We’re very much the outsider in that group of 4. Bournemouth are probably favourites for that last play off place now

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I dunno ...We have a great run in . And MM.

I think we are done.Very poor tonight. I think Bournemouth will take sixth place with Reading, Cardiff and Boro missing out.

I wonder what's the chances of the 3 relegated teams from last season all going up again? I don't even know if it's ever happened before; would have been good odds as a bet at the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I think we are done.Very poor tonight. I think Bournemouth will take sixth place with Reading, Cardiff and Boro missing out.
    I fancy Warnock to sneak up through the playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Pressure's on Norwich

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I fancy Warnock to sneak up through the playoffs!
    They have some very winnable games coming up.

They have some very winnable games coming up.
    So do we, I think on paper we’ve got the easiest run in but we all know it doesn’t work like that. I don’t begrudge Barnsley, they only stayed up in the last few minutes last season, it’s a great turnaround and the Prem needs it's usual low points victim for next season

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    So do we, I think on paper we’ve got the easiest run in but we all know it doesn’t work like that. I don’t begrudge Barnsley, they only stayed up in the last few minutes last season, it’s a great turnaround and the Prem needs it's usual low points victim for next season
    To be fair, after such an awful start to the season and seeing us go backwards this season under harris, I had written off the season a long time ago.

Barnsley have been building some momentum over the last few years so I am not surprised to see them doing well. Apart from the effect on us, it's great to see them doing so well.

So this blip of good form under MM has been very welcome and seeing so many youngsters getting on the bench and into the first team has been a real bonus.

I don't think we can reach the play offs... too many good teams who grind out results in front of us.

Not losing to the jacks is the ONLY thing that really matters to me for the rest of the season as I have already written off our chances of the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Barnsley’s run has been astonishing and shows what can be achieved on a small budget. They made a very poor start to the season too.

Barnsley’s run has been astonishing and shows what can be achieved on a small budget. They made a very poor start to the season too.
    16th after 11 games. Then the 5 subs rule returned and has allowed them to play with intensity knowing they can make 3 subs on 60-65 minutes.

Boro are favourites for their last 4 games. If they're close at the end of the season they become favourites, but still think they're outsiders at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    16th after 11 games. Then the 5 subs rule returned and has allowed them to play with intensity knowing they can make 3 subs on 60-65 minutes.

Boro are favourites for their last 4 games. If they're close at the end of the season they become favourites, but still think they're outsiders at the moment.
    Good point about the intensity and subs ruling