+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Take a moment for Whitts.

Take a moment for Whitts.

A year ago today.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...lebrate-whitts

That goal against Brighton they mention is not one of his most well known ones, but there aren't many players who could have scored it - he also scored a great goal at their place in 2012 I think it was.

Re: Take a moment for Whitts.

Will always take a moment for Peter Whittingham.LEGEND.
    Should name a stand after him,how about
    The Grange End Family Stand.
    “ WHITTS END “

Whitts end is too much of a pun for me, but we 100% need to give him a stand.

The Peter Whittingham Family Stand. Has to be.
    If you want to abbreviate it to "Whitts' End" or just "the Whitts'.....fine. He was surely one of our best players of all time. Remembered and not forgotten.

'Whitts End' is quality. Would accurately describe the emotion of most City fans.

Couldn't believe it when we signed him from Villa. Thought it was some kind of mistake by the Echo.

When it was confirmed, got straight on the phone to Susanne, who was working in the Commercial department of the City at the time and sponsored his first teams shirt.

I still cherish the photo we had taken at the end of the seasons presentation.

What a man, what a player.

Such a sad day for a massive talent and someone, much too young. If he wasn’t playing, when injured, it was always a disappointment as we were a much better team, obviously with him in it.

Taken much too soon. A football legend in the true sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Couldn't believe it when we signed him from Villa. Thought it was some kind of mistake by the Echo.

When it was confirmed, got straight on the phone to Susanne, who was working in the Commercial department of the City at the time and sponsored his first teams shirt.

I still cherish the photo we had taken at the end of the seasons presentation.

What a man, what a player.
    I agree Bluetit, I also recall thinking wow, when Dave Jones signed him from Villa. He certainly didn’t disappoint over his 10 years with us, best player I’ve seen in a Cardiff shirt and I’ve been going since the early 70’s

Great player
    Even better human being

Favourite city player of all time. Loved his style of play and temperament.

Would be fantastic if the club name a stand after him as some have suggested above. Feel like he’d raise a wry smile from above to having it colloquially referred to as the Whitt’s End by supporters.

I’ll be raising a glass for him on Saturday regardless, but here’s hoping it’s a triumphant one.

Naming a stand after him would be a great thing for the fans to return to when we’re allowed back.

No matter how many times I've seen his goals I can watch them over and over and not get bored.

When we’re fully back in the ground not the reduced attendance games it would be marvellous for a giant tifo to be unfurled and passed around the stadium. Looking back this last year of the montages of his goals I’ve realised what a lucky man I am to have witnessed Peter Whittingham in a City shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    When we’re fully back in the ground not the reduced attendance games it would be marvellous for a giant tifo to be unfurled and passed around the stadium. Looking back this last year of the montages of his goals I’ve realised what a lucky man I am to have witnessed Peter Whittingham in a City shirt.
    Some of the derogatory comments made about him in his last couple of seasons with us were unfair.

The man will always be in my memory as one of our best , certainly the best in the last 15 years in my opinion , great era , astonishing skills , wonderful moments .

Think the memorial game when fans are back will be tough watch with many tears.

Thank Whitts .

Genuine club legend.

A footballer you could really warm to. As a brilliant player and thoroughly likeable person.

For me, "Whitt's End" does not have enough gravitas to be a respectful commemoration.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    For me, "Whitt's End" does not have enough gravitas to be a respectful commemoration.
    Agreed. As someone else said, it's fine if it becomes known as that but the name should be his full name

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Agreed. As someone else said, it's fine if it becomes known as that but the name should be his full name
    I cant think of a better way to commemorate his life than to name the family stand after him. Formally, "The Peter Whittingham Family Stand" as posted previously. As we like to shorten just about anything, if it becomes known as "the Whitts", "the PW" or the wittier "Whitts End" so be it. I see no lack of respect. Would be interesting to hear his family's view on the idea and Ken Choo's.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It’s insulting and disrespectful

Name the stadium after him.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It’s insulting and disrespectful
    This and this.