+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Retro shirts not Cardiff

Retro shirts not Cardiff

I have 2 shirts that I will hope that I will never get rid of.
    Along with my CCFC shirts

1 is the Wales away shirt from 1990. I note that someone is selling on ebay for £299!!

The other, and I apologise in advance is the Leeds United shirt from 1995.

What are your favourite non Cardiff shirts that you own but like my Leeds shirt never wear as don't support them.

Re: Retro shirts not Cardiff

How do you come into possession of a 1995 Leeds shirt if you don't/haven't supported or liked them at any point?

It was a nice shirt that I knew would be worth a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    It was a nice shirt that I knew would be worth a bit
    How much is it worth wearing to the next City home game

I used to own the Ajax away shirt (1990) I wore it for decorating etc then threw it. .... I’ve now seen it can go for £300 + !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydan View Post
    I used to own the Ajax away shirt (1990) I wore it for decorating etc then threw it. .... I’ve now seen it can go for £300 + !!!
    It was a toss up between Ajax and Vim in the 50's

Years ago, I got made redundant, and did a few cash in hand jobs, building exhibition stands at trade fairs. I worked in Frankfurt, Cologne and Amsterdam, and when we had a day out, I'd nip out and buy a football shirt as a memento. So... Eintracht Frankfurt, FC Koln, and Ajax.

This must have been around 91-92. Maybe they're valuable.

Retro City shirt. I've never seen an original Umbro yellow stripe shirt. Did they sell replica shirts back then?

Ive a Wales shirt from 93 signed by Rushie going to frame it when the man cave is done

I bought a few shirts I liked from TOFFS back in the nineties - white Plymouth with the green band, Blackpool 53 Cup Final shirt, West Ham shirt (that one almost got me in a fight in Newport one night, the guy didn't mind me being a City fan, but hated Villa ) and the old Scotland salmon pink and yellow hoops shirt;-

First Team

Have to admit that I am not a fan of the replica shirt thing but each to their own.

However, if I had too then both of the Milan teams shirts from the 70’s look good and also Crystal Palace from the same period when the shirt was mainly claret with sky blue pin stripes.

Probably says a lot about my fashion sense that all three come from a time that is regarded as awful for clothing.