+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid certificates being considered,

Covid certificates being considered,

Re: Covid certificates being considered,

that is going to go down a TREAT on the politics board

After vaccination, everybody is given a card with the date it was done. I've had my two so certificates seem an overcomplication.

Given this Board's average age we should qualify for a dedicated block in the Ninian.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    After vaccination, everybody is given a card with the date it was done. I've had my two so certificates seem an overcomplication.
    Easy to switch the vaccination cards with someone or otherwise cheat the system, so a more secure way of doing it would be required. Otherwise there would be no real way of knowing that the person next to you is safe. Also the proposed system will probably include anyone who has had a recent negative covid test, so again a secure way of proving this will be needed. There is no doubt that people would try to fiddle the system to get in and criminal elements would try to make money out of it by selling fake certificates.

It'll be the only Certificate a CERTAIN poster will have

Sounds a very sensible idea to me to keep people safe , and to get big events and hospitality back on track

Can’t we just use Hull ticket stubs

I can see next season being the 1st time in a long, long while that I don't re-new my ST. Even if crowds are allowed back in full in August I suspect wearing of face coverings will be enforced. That'll be fine for many, but a no-no for me.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I can see next season being the 1st time in a long, long while that I don't re-new my ST. Even if crowds are allowed back in full in August I suspect wearing of face coverings will be enforced. That'll be fine for many, but a no-no for me.
    Seems a bit cutting off your nose to spite your face but each to his own. Unless it's for medical reasons of course.

Not sure why anybody's worried about the vaccine certificates, there'll be loads floating around in the pubs beforehand

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Seems a bit cutting off your nose to spite your face but each to his own. Unless it's for medical reasons of course.

Not sure why anybody's worried about the vaccine certificates, there'll be loads floating around in the pubs beforehand
    I'm going to frame mine and put it on the wall, next to my City and Guilds level 3 in Plastering.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

I doubt there will be.

Just get vaccinated end of problem.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Given this Board's average age we should qualify for a dedicated block in the Ninian.
    Good idea. They've got a singing end, we should have a grumbling block.

It's all nonsense.
    Even if vaccinated and certificated you can still have it and pass it on.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Think masks will be dropped or not enforced, stay aboard

😅🤣

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Think masks will be dropped or not enforced, stay aboard
    I'm getting quite used to wearing masks now, I noticed the other day, whilst waiting on a bus stop (with mask on ready), I couldn't smell/taste any car/lorry/bus fumes (I couldn't spell vehicle )

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I'm getting quite used to wearing masks now, I noticed the other day, whilst waiting on a bus stop (with mask on ready), I couldn't smell/taste any car/lorry/bus fumes (I couldn't spell vehicle )
    In London masks were seen pre Covid to deal with pollution and breathing , they are regularly worn in Asian countries, I do wonder if it may become a fashion thing for some .

I think I may stay with one for packed public transport , shops , airports/flights , nothing worse than a packed bus or train in the winter with its steamed up windows with folk worried about a little bit of cold fresh air .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    In London masks were seen pre Covid to deal with pollution and breathing , they are regularly worn in Asian countries, I do wonder if it may become a fashion thing for some .

I think I may stay with one for packed public transport , shops , airports/flights , nothing worse than a packed bus or train in the winter with its steamed up windows with folk worried about a little bit of cold fresh air .
    I think the attitude to packed places for older people may well change; the number of times I have thought that I am likely to get a cold after a visit to the pub where one of our group was obviously affected, and I did get a cold, just seemed a hazard of going out.
    People who were not well with cold or worse but carried on going to work were seen as troopers.

I think this will change, and there will be a good deal more concern about someone coughing, sneezing and spluttering in a place where others are affected.

A candidate for post of the year ������

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    I think the attitude to packed places for older people may well change; the number of times I have thought that I am likely to get a cold after a visit to the pub where one of our group was obviously affected, and I did get a cold, just seemed a hazard of going out.
    People who were not well with cold or worse but carried on going to work were seen as troopers.

I think this will change, and there will be a good deal more concern about someone coughing, sneezing and spluttering in a place where others are affected.
    Your right hopefully some positives may comes from this era around public hygiene behaviours, such as washing hands after visiting the loo and sneezing / coughing into your arm or tissue not over someone else .

Third wave in the late summer / early winter may put the kybosh on s load more games.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I doubt there will be.

Just get vaccinated end of problem.
    whooooooooooosh

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Third wave in the late summer / early winter may put the kybosh on s load more games.
    Depends on the severity of cases though doesn't it? If there's a load of cases but nobody's being hospitalised then they won't enforce restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Depends on the severity of cases though doesn't it? If there's a load of cases but nobody's being hospitalised then they won't enforce restrictions
    You'd hope so.

I was in a meeting with PHE yesterday and they were talking about expecting the night-time economy closing again during the third wave. If that happens you'd expect sport to cop for it too.