+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dillon Phillips

Dillon Phillips

Really not sure what he was trying to do for the winning goal today, having watched it a few times now is he trying to make a save for the cameras?

Either way, whilst he has been quite good, Smithies saves that and should be back in.

Re: Dillon Phillips

the ball did move a little, but it looked easier to save it

the lad made a mistake, thats it, all keepers do

had a great season, we shouldnt let the mistake spoil that

Everyone makes mistakes, he's been great since coming into the side

Ooooh Smithies saves that. Wind your ****ing neck in you miserable mike hunt. Yes, it was a mistake, probably the first he’s made since he got in the team. He’s saved us more than the point that we lost today regardless of how Smithies would have done. Get a ****ing grip.

It was a strange one. seemed like he got his feet all wrong, he was almost rooted and couldn't adjust, like trying to catch a ball in quick sand. I don't think that he was expecting the ball to go in that particular area and was maybe anticipating the ball going to the far post. To be fair to him, he's been brilliant, almost faultless up to now. He more than deserves his chance to make good that mistake. What kind of message would MM send out to players if he dropped one of our best performers over the last ten games if he dropped Phillips for one mistake? He'd lose a bit of respect from me, although i don't think MM will drop Phillips. NG was culpable by getting done and giving away the foul, and he had a poor game today, yet nobody is criticising him or calling for him to be dropped, and rightly so, because like Phillips, NG has also been one of our best performers.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Exactly. God I hate our fan base on times.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    Really not sure what he was trying to do for the winning goal today, having watched it a few times now is he trying to make a save for the cameras?

Either way, whilst he has been quite good, Smithies saves that and should be back in.
    For me, Smithies had his worst spell as a City player either side of Christmas (in particular, Brentford). He wasn’t dropped then and it would really be harsh to omit Phillips after one cock up, albeit a major one.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    the ball did move a little, but it looked easier to save it

the lad made a mistake, thats it, all keepers do

had a great season, we shouldnt let the mistake spoil that
    Bingo

just one of those things mate

When keepers make mistakes it's always blinding

They all do it from time to time

He should certainly keep the Jersey in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ooooh Smithies saves that. Wind your ****ing neck in you miserable mike hunt. Yes, it was a mistake, probably the first he’s made since he got in the team. He’s saved us more than the point that we lost today regardless of how Smithies would have done. Get a ****ing grip.
    End of thread.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    End of thread.
    Or is it?
    He made a howler it happens.
    He's saved enough times in the past.
    When you are a keeper mistakes normally end in conceding goals.
    He should not be dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Or is it?
    He made a howler it happens.
    He's saved enough times in the past.
    When you are a keeper mistakes normally end in conceding goals.
    He should not be dropped.
    It should have been, but you’ve now prolonged the thread without putting any more meat on the bones 😂

Bloody hell, if we dropped a keeper every time they made one mistake we would have a load of keepers whose confidence is all shot to sh1t

It was really poor keeping but it happens, and unfortunately when a keeper makes a mistake it results in a goal.

MM seems to have given him his backing so if expect him to keep his place. No doubt smithies will be on standby should be make another mistake in the next few games.

Not calling for him to be dropped but he made a really unconvincing save in the first half too. He'll be looking at more than one moment in that game and thinking about how he can improve, as will almost the whole side and management staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It was a strange one. seemed like he got his feet all wrong, he was almost rooted and couldn't adjust, like trying to catch a ball in quick sand. I don't think that he was expecting the ball to go in that particular area and was maybe anticipating the ball going to the far post. To be fair to him, he's been brilliant, almost faultless up to now. He more than deserves his chance to make good that mistake. What kind of message would MM send out to players if he dropped one of our best performers over the last ten games if he dropped Phillips for one mistake? He'd lose a bit of respect from me, although i don't think MM will drop Phillips. NG was culpable by getting done and giving away the foul, and he had a poor game today, yet nobody is criticising him or calling for him to be dropped, and rightly so, because like Phillips, NG has also been one of our best performers.
    Ng had a poor game?

Fact is smithies is our best keeper. Phillips has done incredibly well since he came into the team, but our number 1 is smithies who I think should come back in.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Not calling for him to be dropped but he made a really unconvincing save in the first half too. He'll be looking at more than one moment in that game and thinking about how he can improve, as will almost the whole side and management staff.
    Phillips was inclined to punch away crosses and corners that he may well have opted to try and catch ion another day. I thought all of the centrebacks involved weren't too convincing when defending long straight high balls which suggests to me that the wind was playing a strong part in dictating how the game was played and maybe it was the same for keepers as well?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Ng had a poor game?

Fact is smithies is our best keeper. Phillips has done incredibly well since he came into the team, but our number 1 is smithies who I think should come back in.
    In my opinion, NG did have a poor game. He was more defensive because Watford pushed quite high out wide, but he missed a few tackles and looked off the pace a bit in my opinion. If you saw different, then fair enough.

I've watched it again a few times, and to be fair, it was a bloody brilliant free kick. It was going like a rocket, and Phillips wouldn't have seen it until it came out from behind the wall, and by then, it was too late. He was in the wrong place, couldn't adjust, and all he could do was take a swing at it. Shame it came when it did, and shame Ng gave away the kick, but there you go...

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    This.

Cracking freekick taken in blustery conditions against a highly promising but still slightly inexperienced 'keeper - That's all it was.

I'd be disappointed to see him dropped for the next game. He deserves his place in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I've watched it again a few times, and to be fair, it was a bloody brilliant free kick. It was going like a rocket, and Phillips wouldn't have seen it until it came out from behind the wall, and by then, it was too late. He was in the wrong place, couldn't adjust, and all he could do was take a swing at it. Shame it came when it did, and shame Ng gave away the kick, but there you go...
    I disagree, it was a well struck effort, but it would have been virtually straight at him if he had stayed on his feet. Even if you’re right though, why did Phillips go to ground?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You really are an arrogant pr1ck aren’t you.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I disagree, it was a well struck effort, but it would have been virtually straight at him if he had stayed on his feet. Even if you’re right though, why did Phillips go to ground?
    This was my point.

Dillon has done well, never said otherwise, but I think Smithies is our no.1 and should return.

I’ve watched it back a few times and whilst it is a pure strike, I can’t fathom what he was trying to do.

I don’t want to see the kids confidence shot, but if it was up to me I’d have Smithies back.

It looked like he expected someone to get an head on it rather than it going where it did.
    Ii honestly can't see what the fuss is about and it wasn't as bad as Smithies mistake not so long sgo