+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sang

Sang

It has only been a handful of games but Sang looks quite comfortable at RB.

So why did a Harris play Bacuna there instead of giving Sang a go?

🤷

Re: Sang

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    It has only been a handful of games but Sang looks quite comfortable at RB.

So why did a Harris play Bacuna there instead of giving Sang a go?

��
    Because Sang was on loan at Cheltenham.

Sang was quality tonight I thought. In fact I don't think one City player had a poor game.

Thought he was excellent today, couldn't have done more.

We have gone from having real issues at right back to two good options in Ng and Sang.

To be honest I think Bacuna would also be suited to wingback now rather than RB which didn't suit him.

I think it comes down to Harris being to rigid in terms of selection and his pool of players.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Because Sang was on loan at Cheltenham.
    And we couldn’t recall him?

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Sang was quality tonight I thought. In fact I don't think one City player had a poor game.
    I thought his touch and passing was streets ahead of most of the other City players on the pitch tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I thought his touch and passing was streets ahead of most of the other City players on the pitch tonight.
    Yes I have liked what I have seen of him so far.

Yet further evidence of Harris’ absolutely abysmal management when the potential answer to one of our biggest problems (no RB) was sitting under his nose. Pitiful.

Yet further evidence of Harris’ absolutely abysmal management when the potential answer to one of our biggest problems (no RB) was sitting under his nose. Pitiful.
    Agreed.

Its staggering, really. Sang has taken to league football like a duck to water. Why wasnt he ever given a chance before Mick came in (and was desperate!)? I genuinely think he's looked one of our stronger players lately.

He wasn't given a chance because we had David Brent in charge who was ****ing clueless

He looks composed an unusual trait in this team!

Sometimes it's because there's a fee involved.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Sometimes it's because there's a fee involved.
    It asks the question if he should have been sent out. Let be honest tho he would never have played him anyway.

He played well defensively in largely nullifying Norrington-Davies against Stoke but I didn't feel he was on top defensively against his full-back today. Both our wing backs have the advantage that even if they don't stop the cross our CB's are going to win 9/10 anyway so it never appears that they're giving away good chances.

Offensively, has he put in any good crosses yet?

It's very early on in his career and there is plenty to like including having the first touch of more similar to Pack and energy more similar to Vaulks, but let's not go too overboard yet. He hasn't looked out of place at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    He looks composed an unusual trait in this team!
    Absolutely right.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    He played well defensively in largely nullifying Norrington-Davies against Stoke but I didn't feel he was on top defensively against his full-back today. Both our wing backs have the advantage that even if they don't stop the cross our CB's are going to win 9/10 anyway so it never appears that they're giving away good chances.

Offensively, has he put in any good crosses yet?

It's very early on in his career and there is plenty to like including having the first touch of more similar to Pack and energy more similar to Vaulks, but let's not go too overboard yet. He hasn't looked out of place at all.
    Sang was great, Swansea played less on the left hand side in the second half than they did in the first and started targeting Ralls instead (who was also brilliant today).

We couldn't recall Sang. It was outside of a transfer window. Harris is the one who gave him a chance, too.

Sang has been fantastic and credit to MM for giving him a continued run in the side

No you can't recall 1/2 season loans

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Sang was great, Swansea played less on the left hand side in the second half than they did in the first and started targeting Ralls instead (who was also brilliant today).
    I'm wondering if Ralls has found a new position for himself. He's looked out of sorts in CM recently but has always had energy, a decent final ball and willingness to do the dirty work.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I'm wondering if Ralls has found a new position for himself. He's looked out of sorts in CM recently but has always had energy, a decent final ball and willingness to do the dirty work.
    He's looked out of sorts coming back into the side from injury, in a side that wasn't playing well! I think those writing off Ralls are being very premature.

So peeps, is it a case of trusting Magic Mick (and his staff), to finally trust our youngsters ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's looked out of sorts coming back into the side from injury, in a side that wasn't playing well! I think those writing off Ralls are being very premature.
    Rall's is a decent player at this level, can't understand the stick he gets as his worth ethic ans and commitment are excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Totally agree.

Ralls doesn't offer the width needed imo.
    I think he's the first choice in CM when fit.