+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The better side loses the Welsh Derby

Re: The better side loses the Welsh Derby

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    it screams of 'coping mechanism', haha, there were several little snipey remarks like it, it was so entertaining I managed to maintain enough interest (and humour) to read it all
    They just can't help themselves can they? The start of their matchday thread is clearly meant to be some kind of humorous review of their opposition, but the bitterness is palpable and they have to fill it with snide remarks. Love it.

Not the better side on the day, the thing that matters, but how can be deny that they're the better side overall?

We won the game because Ayew allowed Flint free-reign in the box early on and then we played with 3 giants at CB and a back 7 which ended up being a back 8. And not the Atletico Madrid back 8 where they're disciplined/hungry defensively but skillful on the ball as well because we weren't good on the ball today.

It's not like we're facing opposition who have much bigger budgets either.

We were playing a side that has played three away games on the bounce and two games before that went to 96 minutes. We looked like the more tired side.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Not the better side on the day, the thing that matters, but how can be deny that they're the better side overall?

We won the game because Ayew allowed Flint free-reign in the box early on and then we played with 3 giants at CB and a back 7 which ended up being a back 8. And not the Atletico Madrid back 8 where they're disciplined/hungry defensively but skillful on the ball as well because we weren't good on the ball today.

we won, take that negativity elsewhere

We were playing a side that has played three away games on the bounce and two games before that went to 96 minutes. We looked like the more tired side.
    If they fail to go up they lose Ayew. Take away their loans and we are the ones with the better squad.

7 shots on target to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    we won, take that negativity elsewhere
    Derby games are more about the result than the performance

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I thought they were poor to be honest, we did a job on them big time. We should have had another with Moores effort.
    They had one shot on target for Christ's sake. We just sat back and said, come on then, and they had no answer.

They couldn't even get their standard dodgy pen

Absolutely! 1-0! 👍🏽

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    "the game plan was effective" well it clearly f*ckin wasn't

Inject it straight into my veins

We scored early and played the game accordingly.

We are not the first side to defend a 1 nil and counter on the break, loads of teams do it.
    You mention us not looking like Atlantic Madrid (9bvs tongue in cheek) but you have to take into account our makeshift team, players out of position and the I bet the first time the defence played together.
    You only have to look at the pre-match posts to understand that many feared the worst.

Anyway, tonight is not the time for post-mortems, its is a time for celebration

Just seen this after I posted my reply to your "negativity".
    You have seen the light and therefore absolved

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    We scored early and played the game accordingly.

We are not the first side to defend a 1 nil and counter on the break, loads of teams do it.
    You mention us not looking like Atlantic Madrid (9bvs tongue in cheek) but you have to take into account our makeshift team, players out of position and the I bet the first time the defence played together.
    You only have to look at the pre-match posts to understand that many feared the worst.

Anyway, tonight is not the time for post-mortems, its is a time for celebration
    I think I was being unfair on our first half performance where we deserved to have a two goal lead. Second half, and Harry Wilson chance aside, well I must have missed us trying to counter on the break.

I always felt we would get a positive result out the game today. Maybe that's why I'm more concerned about the performance than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They had one shot on target for Christ's sake. We just sat back and said, come on then, and they had no answer.

They couldn't even get their standard dodgy pen
    I listened to it on talk sport. First time I've had to resort to talk sport, but Perry groves was very complimentary about us. Said we do get it forward fast but there is more to it than long ball; that for all their possession Swansea did very little; and that we were very organised and disciplined. Basically- not flashy but more professional than the jacks who were lucky not to be 2 down.

When McCarthy was appointed I said I'd be happy with a mid table finish and not losing at the vetch. So anything he does from here is a bonus really.

I think I was being unfair on our first half performance where we deserved to have a two goal lead. Second half, and Harry Wilson chance aside, well I must have missed us trying to counter on the break.

I always felt we would get a positive result out the game today. Maybe that's why I'm more concerned about the performance than most.
    Odd time to be concerned about performance. We always knew they could out play us. We had a game plan and won.

7 shots on target to 1.

Moore should have scored. Wilson as well.

We did a number on them.

Let me feast on your tears.

Hilarious and so salty

Crap like that makes the victory even more enjoyable as you envisage somebody bashing a keyboard whilst shouting it's not fair.

We were exceptional today.
    Thank you because on my birthday Dec the 12th you were shit

That’s a good post.

But, you’ve posted long enough on here to know your well thought out honest opinion is unacceptable, if it doesn’t fit the narrative of some of the clueless, deluded regulars.

Keep posting your opinions, they’re well worth reading, regardless if I disagree with you or not.

That’s what a football messageboard is for.

Don’t let these extras from the Jeremy Kyle audience, get to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    That’s a good post.

But, you’ve posted long enough on here to know your well thought out honest opinion is unacceptable, if it doesn’t fit the narrative of some of the clueless, deluded regulars.

Keep posting your opinions, they’re well worth reading, regardless if I disagree with you or not.

Brazil.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That’s a good post.

A strange post and an even weird one,are you related

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I listened to it on talk sport. First time I've had to resort to talk sport, but Perry groves was very complimentary about us. Said we do get it forward fast but there is more to it than long ball; that for all their possession Swansea did very little; and that we were very organised and disciplined. Basically- not flashy but more professional than the jacks who were lucky not to be 2 down.

When McCarthy was appointed I said I'd be happy with a mid table finish and not losing at the vetch. So anything he does from here is a bonus really.
    Hard to take anyone’s opinion seriously, when they don’t realise Swansea left the Vetch 17 years ago!

Hard to take anyone’s opinion seriously, when they don’t realise Swansea left the Vetch 17 years ago!
    Sorry, Steph. Nick should have called it the caravan park. I know you're upset you lost 1-0 but I'm f ucking buzzing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Sorry, Steph. Nick should have called it the caravan park. I know you're upset you lost 1-0 but I'm f ucking buzzing.
    At least that explains some of the nonsense you post on here.

17 years??

Know your Brazil sorry Swansea history.🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    17 years??

Know your Brazil sorry Swansea history.����
    I had to Google it.

Was surprised it was that long ago.

To be honest it’s just one shithole to another, how’s the rusting issue going? Will the Liberty last a few more seasons?