+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The better side loses the Welsh Derby

Re: The better side loses the Welsh Derby

If that was a creative writing exercise to demonstrate seething bitterness, Steph would pass with distinction. It really comes through well. Maybe s/he could write a book - what's west Walian for "my struggle"?

Most of what she said was true .
    We were shocking in the second half .
    I wanted us to win , glad we won . But the football we are playing is shocking .

I couldn't give a toss about the style of football that gets a win and 3 points against Swansea who are a top three team .

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    And only 1 on target.����

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Most of what she said was true .
    We were shocking in the second half .
    I wanted us to win , glad we won . But the football we are playing is shocking .
    This ^

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It was a great battling performance by City, but 3rd versus 8th isn't a huge gulf, but in footballing terms it is. I think tonight a lot of folk have been posting on a wave of adrenalin [and other stuff], and are rightly enjoying our victory along with the players. However, we're poor - very poor - in footballing terms. We've got players who will out-perform many in terms of effort and commitment and discipline. But we still can't pass the ball, or show any movement off the ball as this jeopardizes the rigid 'system' we play to. It's time for a change.
    Unfortunately another post that totally fails to acknowledge the good football that we have played in a number of games (including Derby, Luton, Coventry etc), the Covid situation we find ourselves in and the fact that we are currently missing four first team defenders with a number of young inexperienced players deputising. PS. We recently had a change of manager and only giving him 7 weeks is a bit stingy don’t you think ? He is having to work with what he has got and has done extremely well in the circumstances. PPS. Relying on support from a Jack supporter can not be taken as a ringing endorsement unfortunately.

I think people are being a little harsh on the performance. We did a job more than anything but I think we have to also appreciate the fact Harris was such a poor manager and left so low on confidence and in quite a mess. Mick isn't going to come in, push us up the league playing Total football. He has to use what he has and get the most out of them while getting results. If MM had gone out to play football against the jacks who have been trying to perfect it over some years we would have probably got battered.

In saying that I don't expect our style changing massively under MM, I think it will get slightly better over time when he has more players he trusts but we knew what we were getting really.