+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great win, excellent three points, but.......

Re: Great win, excellent three points, but.......

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    By the way, with Morrison I said ‘Heart and work rate’, not his skill level.

Players like Wilson, Murphy and Ojo undoubtedly have match winning skills, but they rarely perform because I don’t believe they have the ‘heart and work rate.’ They often, look dis-interested.
    we are a solid championship outfit . Until we change the structure of style of play we are no threat to the likes of man city / leicester / wolves etc . don't think we have 1 single player that would survive in the prem right now but for tonight lets enjoy our win

Agree with BLUETIT
    **** Off

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    F UCKOFF

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    we are a solid championship outfit . Until we change the structure of style of play we are no threat to the likes of man city / leicester / wolves etc . don't think we have 1 single player that would survive in the prem right now but for tonight lets enjoy our win
    Maybe not, but I’d expect us to have parity of possession and create a few attempts on target against the likes of Huddersfield or Stoke.

Maybe not, but I’d expect us to have parity of possession and create a few attempts on target against the likes of Huddersfield or Stoke.
    we need to have a mind set of the style of play that will take us to the next level to survive in the prem if we ever got there . we are way off the mark on that score . stoke and hudders are just like us .If you said Norwich who play the right way then I would take that on the chin

..........that was a smash n’ grab that disguises, another poor performance.

Swansea have been playing awful, been lucky with some penalty decisions and looked on the slide. Yet, my Swansea friend said tonight’s the best they’ve played in ages.

Pros and Cons

Pros
    * Great win and battling performance.

* Morrison and Flint were immense. Their best game as a pairing.

* Morrison for me is Mr Cardiff City. The guy gives absolutely everything, every game. If we had more players with his heart and work rate, we’d be going up automatically.

* Some of the youngsters put in a shift, and got great experience.

Negatives
    * After the first 15 minutes this game was like an attack v defence training exercise. The second half in particular, we made them look like Brazil. If they’d had a striker they’d have won, comfortably.

* We can’t keep possession, and in particular put three passes together in the opposition half. Which means we’re continually inviting pressure on.

* Punts, aimlessly down the field, nowhere near anyone.

* We can’t get a performance out of Wilson. Big talent, yet other than the one shot, anonymous again.

* Marlon Pack, what exactly does he offer, dreadful. Other than that shot early on, you only heard his name in commentary when they twice mentioned he switched off for runners behind him, in the box.

* Our subs, so continually ineffective, why can’t they influence a game when they come on. Murphy and Ojo again, offered nothing.

* Moore has been great this season, but he’s off the boil. A couple of poor misses last two games. Tonight, he had no composure to take a touch, drill it in and kill the game. Also, for those who say he’s tired. He lost the ball second half, then ran back about 50 yards to close a player down near our 18 yard box. Pointless waste of his energy. A midfielder/defender should be doing that.

* Moore lives off scraps, and there’s no one playing close enough to him to offer support. I think I’ve seen one if not two chances created for him in six games. When was the last time you saw a good cross whipped in for him to attack? I can’t recall one.

* Yet again, we can only score from a set piece or long throw. Derby apart, we haven’t scored a goal from open play in the last seven games.

By the way ‘The Other Bob Wilson’, has gone very quiet since he made a comment about me, and I offered him a £100 bet for a cancer charity.

As Diana Ross sang.......’I’m still waiting.....’
    Jacks 0 v City 1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Great pic.

Loved the team spirit at the end, when Morrison got all the boys in a huddle.

Reminded me of Wales Euro 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Brazil.

��������������

1 shot on target.

To our 7.

But we made them look like feckin Brazil.

������������
    What game were you watching quoting those shot stats?

Including on off target 9-5 Swansea.

Including blocked shots 21-6 to Swansea

On target 4-2 to us.

What game were you watching quoting those shot stats?

Including on off target 9-5 Swansea.

Including blocked shots 21-6 to Swansea

On target 4-2 to us.
    you may want to check official stats
    9/5 shot for us 23/1 for them just had quick chuckle at your fellow bitter fans on swamp, even some of them admit they were crap for 60 mins and only came into the game late when we stopped pressing them and sat on the lead, match commentary including the JB Monk agreed we were well worth the lead at half time, if Moore taps in at 1-0 it was pipe and slippers second half
    Well done MM watching a City team want a derby win more than the Jacks is rare recently and all we ask for

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Stopped reading after made them look like Brazil.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Seriously. ??? PMSL.
    My swansea mate....lol....yeah we know what you are JB all the way.

You Jack Bastard !

Swansea 0 Cardiff 1

Result

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Saw if differently:

Game of two halfs
    City won the first half .
    City didn't let Swansea settle into a rhythm early on.
    City were great at pressing the opponent.
    City grabbed vital early goal.
    Swansea had better second half.
    Flint was superb.
    City defended very well.
    Considering City's injury list that was a very good performance against a decent side ..
    I'd agree with most of that (don't think we defended very well, don't think our injury list makes it a good performance) but have some sympathy for OP view as well that second half performance is not sustainable. Teams need to be able to play like that occasionally so not calling for complete departure from grit shown but it's a sign we have growing to do.

In the Flint and Pack thread a few days ago I posted this:

Flint has done what Flint does well, although he hasn't score yet, and shown why he's still well thought of in this division. Flint has also shown why he keeps getting picked up by the same sort of clubs (Boro under Pulis, Cardiff under Warnock, Wednesday under Monk) and not a Brentford or Norwich.
    We saw Flint's goal but still think we need to make a decision about him this off-season. He's 32 at the end of this season and he's entering his final year of contract - do we offer him an extension? Do we look to sell him on back of his superb form since returning to the side? Do we lose him for nothing at the end of next season?

Bluebird23 you’re probably the worst undercover Jack I’ve seen on this board. It must have really hurt your heart to write that message.

Have a good Sunday sir.

Total inability of the OP to recognise a number of basic facts .... again. We are playing in the midst of a pandemic with no fans in the grounds and no way of supporting and raising the spirits of the team when they are under the cosh and need it the most. Three of our first choice defenders are out injured and we started the game with a very inexperienced 21 year old at right wingback, a central midfielder covering at left wingback and a 23 year old centre half who has played a total of 4 Championship games. Our captain and centre half was also playing with a horrendous ankle blister but completed the game and was man of the match. It is obvious that quite a few of the team are ‘running on empty’ having completed a long hard season so far, including 12 games in the last 7 weeks and all on the back of a truncated pre season and very quick turnaround from the last one. To sit in his ivory tower and criticise the manager and team after all that and particularly after a 1-0 derby win against the jacks and all the effort put in by the players to get it, shows that the OP is an attention seeker and really is bereft of any modicum of decency or common sense and precious little football knowledge or humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Total inability of the OP to recognise a number of basic facts .... again. We are playing in the midst of a pandemic with no fans in the grounds and no way of supporting and raising the spirits of the team when they are under the cosh and need it the most. Three of our first choice defenders are out injured and we started the game with a very inexperienced 21 year old at right wingback, a central midfielder covering at left wingback and a 23 year old centre half who has played a total of 4 Championship games. Our captain and centre half was also playing with a horrendous ankle blister but completed the game and was man of the match. It is obvious that quite a few of the team are ‘running on empty’ having completed a long hard season so far, including 12 games in the last 7 weeks and all on the back of a truncated pre season and very quick turnaround from the last one. To sit in his ivory tower and criticise the manager and team after all that and particularly after a 1-0 derby win against the jacks and all the effort put in by the players to get it, shows that the OP is an attention seeker and really is bereft of any modicum of decency or common sense and precious little football knowledge or humanity.
    It shows his true colours like a rusty peg

Swansea comprehensively outplayed us.

More worryingly, this is a Swansea team who’ve been playing poorly for ages, and been very lucky with some big decisions to get victories.

Only the fact they didn’t have a decent centre forward, cost them victory.

If it was boxing second half, the referee may not have stopped it, but he’d at least have given us a standing count!
    A boxing match where we land 7 punches to their 1? Throwing a load of punches that don't land doesn't score in boxing either.

If the possession led to chances then I could understand it. Swansea could not work us out or play around or through us. Job done.

The possession stats do need to improve though.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    A boxing match where we land 7 punches to their 1? Throwing a load of punches that don't land doesn't score in boxing either.

If the possession led to chances then I could understand it. Swansea could not work us out or play around or through us. Job done.

The possession stats do need to improve though.
    Agree that we need to be more comfortable in possession particularly trying to close out tight games. The possession stats are a meaningless indicator of results though as winning teams often cede possession for defensive shape (though perhaps not as dramatically as we did in the last 30 minutes).

As an illustration in Swansea's last four wins they have had less than 50% possession and in their last four defeats they have had more. In their previous home defeat to Bristol they had 70% possession.

Out of interest, anyone know the last time we had more possession than the opposition in a Championship game?
    Millwall, mcCarthy's second game. Some thumpings for the oppositions since.

One or two others closer in possession.

I think we'd all like, or most of us like us to have good possession and batter teams with it but it's fairly obvious we are better without it at the moment.

Whilst possession isn’t everything 72% to 28%, in Swansea’s favour tonight.

Why, can’t we keep the ball to alleviate pressure, and at least create a few chances?

Basics of football.
    And there’s me all my life thinking that the basics of any sport was scoring more goals or points than the opposition that you’re facing, usually by taking a chance that you make and the opposition failing to take theirs because they’re not good enough, which is what happened yesterday, your lot weren’t good enough. Your team lost, double dreams dashed again, is your season falling apart at a vital time?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    And there’s me all my life thinking that the basics of any sport was scoring more goals or points than the opposition that you’re facing, usually by taking a chance that you make and the opposition failing to take theirs because they’re not good enough, which is what happened yesterday, your lot weren’t good enough. Your team lost, double dreams dashed again, is your season falling apart at a vital time?

Steve, he would have pronounced Foreman the winner in the "Rope a Dope" fight.

Having a poor game but winning is usually a sign of good things coming.
    The defence was excellent but the rest of it was a shambles. Time to pay more attention to constructive attacking play.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Steve, he would have pronounced Foreman the winner in the "Rope a Dope" fight.
    He can’t take it that his side got a grilling.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He can’t take it that his side got a grilling.
    There are many on here for whom that will be like tumbleweed, in the wind.

But, I think it’s worth acknowledging lol

It is what it is, they're a better side than us and that's how you beat them. Credit to MM and the boys. Is this what I want for the future of the club? No. But right after beating Swansea away with such a battling performance is not really the time to debate it.

Great win.

Excellent three points.

No 'but's.