Easy to say that after yesterdays result, but i was one of presumably many, who were totally underwhelmed when he got the job.
i’d never really looked at him in depth, and just had the impression he was a dour faced, run of the mill, under achieving has been.
Since he’s been here, i found out he once refused to shake hands with Margaret Thatcher, which instantly made me admire him as a person.
Our run of form since he’s been here has been top notch, albeit not very pretty, but none the less, very effective.
Before yesterdays game, the threat of the Jacks completing the first ever league double between the both of us, was very real, and i was dreading it.
Not only did we avoid that, we beat them.
Watching his after match interview, where he applauded the players effort, and said he was going to put a coat hanger upside down in his mouth to keep a smile, really made me laugh.
He’s never gonna get us to dizzy heights, playing scintillating football, but i’ve found a new admiration for him, and whilst he’s here he’ll get my full support
If it all goes pear shaped, i’ll not be in the number calling for his head.
Yesterdays result, and all it meant, has im, given him cult status already.