+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone else really warming to Mick?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Anyone else really warming to Mick?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I support whoever is the manager of Cardiff City and try to give them a chance and see what they can do. Thats what fans are supposed to do. Harris did a good job at the end of 2019/2020 season when he came in and deserved a reasonable chance to carry that on this season. Other people chose to ridicule him and write him off as soon as he was appointed and the same people did the same thing when Mick McCarthy was appointed. People have been berating the standard of our performances right from the start under McCarthy and you chose to ignore the good performances in other games because it suited your argument. Like Bluebird23 you are also totally ignoring the unprecedented circumstances which the last two seasons have been played under. The players are basically out on their feet (12 games in the last 7 weeks for example) with a few weeks turnaround last summer and hardly any preseason. Currently four first team defenders are out injured with other players playing strapped up or out of position and very inexperienced youngsters having to cover. Hardly surprising therefore that the games have turned into a slog recently. We are lucky to be getting any football at all currently and the fact that we are challenging for a play off spot should be applauded, not continually criticised.
    So why isn’t MM making better use of his substitutes?

Against Stoke he brought players on in the 74th and 84th minute.

Hoilett is unquestionably talented, can’t get a minute.

He plays Moore, to exhaustion.

His use of the bench, is woeful. Particularly when compared to the effective way the Barnsley manager has been using his.

By the way, all this ‘tired’ garbage.

They are privileged to be earning a living, playing professional football.

I played football for years in three leagues Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday in all conditions and weather, and missed one game through injury.

I was never ‘Tired’ and asked to miss a game and it never affected my performance, and I was consistently outstanding (cough).

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post

He plays Moore, to exhaustion.

By the way, all this ‘tired’ garbage.
    You're so desperate to criticse the club by now that you're contradicting yourself in the same posts

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You're so desperate to criticse the club by now that you're contradicting yourself in the same posts
    I also imagine that the intensity, pressure and concentration required in professional football is SLIGHTLY higher than the of parks football...

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I also imagine that the intensity, pressure and concentration required in professional football is SLIGHTLY higher than the of parks football...
    Rubbish, in parks football you get the crap kicked out of you.

Current pro football, you can’t touch anyone.

Bring back the tackle from behind!