+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else really warming to Mick?

Re: Anyone else really warming to Mick?

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Regarding Wilson & Ojo

"Journeymen" ... reference to being loaned out again and again ... not being able to establish themselves at their parent club.

Murphy's imminent future looks to be taking that pathway.

I doubt whether his contract will be extended. This would be a pity, because on his day he shows that he is the most talented player on Cardiff's books.
    Whilst Murphy has put on the odd decent performance since Mick's arrival, this is rather stretching it to say the least.

Anybody doing their homework on him before a match invariably marks him out of the game.

He could be a good player in a very good side but how many others could you say that about?

We were staring down the barrel of "Double Derby Double" before he came...for avoiding that disaster I will be eternally grateful as I work with both Brizzle and Swansea supporters - I think he's changing my mind with him giving youth a chance which surprised me tbh but disappointed that we wont be seeing a root and branch revolution at City over the next year or so. I guess it'll be more of the same...doing just enough but no more (which isnt a bad place to be I suppose)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Of course they were. Has anyone watched the recent reruns of the play off semi against Leicester?

Some people on here have very short memories.
    That second leg v Leicester, is up there for me as some of the best attacking football I’ve ever seen us play, even though we ‘lost’ 3-2.

The entertainment and drama that night, was second to none.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I wasn't forgetting those games at all. I was simply referring to the standard of football we've witnessed in recent weeks during the games against Huddersfield, Stoke and Swansea, which in my opinion was truly abysmal (I didn't see anything other than very brief highlights of the Watford game, so can't really comment on that). Do you disagree that the football from City in the three games I've mentioned was terrible?

I'm glad you've dived in, though. After all, you were one of the biggest supporters Neil Harris had on this board and you regarded anyone who could see Harris's deficiencies and wanted him out as an idiot. So how are you feeling about the situation now? Do you still think you were right to berate all those who believed Harris should go in the way that you did? Do you still believe he was the right man for the job? Do you still reckon he deserved to keep his job and anyone who thought otherwise was a fool?
    Out of kindness, don’t get in to a battle of wits with dml1954, as he’ll be fighting unarmed.

I’d know, reading his posts as he stalks me from thread to thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Regarding Wilson & Ojo

"Journeymen" ... reference to being loaned out again and again ... not being able to establish themselves at their parent club.

Murphy's imminent future looks to be taking that pathway.

I doubt whether his contract will be extended. This would be a pity, because on his day he shows that he is the most talented player on Cardiff's books.
    Since his career started at Norwich in 2013, Murphy has only been loaned out twice, whilst at Norwich, when he was 20 and 21 and one of those was only for 5 games. Wilson and Ojo have both been loaned out a number of times but that is from one of the best teams in Europe, where it is difficult to get a starting place at the best of times and they are both still only 23. Liverpool, up until now, have been reluctant to let them go permanently indicating that they have seen something in them both as well. I prefer to describe them all as promising young British talent and journeymen is a rather unfair label. Somebody like Glenn Murray or David Mcgoldrick would be players that the label would fit better in the more traditional sense i.e. players nearing the end of their careers who have had numerous clubs and looking for their last pay day.

I wasn't forgetting those games at all. I was simply referring to the standard of football we've witnessed in recent weeks during the games against Huddersfield, Stoke and Swansea, which in my opinion was truly abysmal (I didn't see anything other than very brief highlights of the Watford game, so can't really comment on that). Do you disagree that the football from City in the three games I've mentioned was terrible?

I'm glad you've dived in, though. After all, you were one of the biggest supporters Neil Harris had on this board and you regarded anyone who could see Harris's deficiencies and wanted him out as an idiot. So how are you feeling about the situation now? Do you still think you were right to berate all those who believed Harris should go in the way that you did? Do you still believe he was the right man for the job? Do you still reckon he deserved to keep his job and anyone who thought otherwise was a fool?
    I support whoever is the manager of Cardiff City and try to give them a chance and see what they can do. Thats what fans are supposed to do. Harris did a good job at the end of 2019/2020 season when he came in and deserved a reasonable chance to carry that on this season. Other people chose to ridicule him and write him off as soon as he was appointed and the same people did the same thing when Mick McCarthy was appointed. People have been berating the standard of our performances right from the start under McCarthy and you chose to ignore the good performances in other games because it suited your argument. Like Bluebird23 you are also totally ignoring the unprecedented circumstances which the last two seasons have been played under. The players are basically out on their feet (12 games in the last 7 weeks for example) with a few weeks turnaround last summer and hardly any preseason. Currently four first team defenders are out injured with other players playing strapped up or out of position and very inexperienced youngsters having to cover. Hardly surprising therefore that the games have turned into a slog recently. We are lucky to be getting any football at all currently and the fact that we are challenging for a play off spot should be applauded, not continually criticised.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I support whoever is the manager of Cardiff City and try to give them a chance and see what they can do. Thats what fans are supposed to do.

Keep up the good work Mick.

I support whoever is the manager of Cardiff City and try to give them a chance and see what they can do. Thats what fans are supposed to do. Harris did a good job at the end of 2019/2020 season when he came in and deserved a reasonable chance to carry that on this season. Other people chose to ridicule him and write him off as soon as he was appointed and the same people did the same thing when Mick McCarthy was appointed. People have been berating the standard of our performances right from the start under McCarthy and you chose to ignore the good performances in other games because it suited your argument. Like Bluebird23 you are also totally ignoring the unprecedented circumstances which the last two seasons have been played under. The players are basically out on their feet (12 games in the last 7 weeks for example) with a few weeks turnaround last summer and hardly any preseason. Currently four first team defenders are out injured with other players playing strapped up or out of position and very inexperienced youngsters having to cover. Hardly surprising therefore that the games have turned into a slog recently. We are lucky to be getting any football at all currently and the fact that we are challenging for a play off spot should be applauded, not continually criticised.
    So why isn’t MM making better use of his substitutes?

Against Stoke he brought players on in the 74th and 84th minute.

Hoilett is unquestionably talented, can’t get a minute.

He plays Moore, to exhaustion.

His use of the bench, is woeful. Particularly when compared to the effective way the Barnsley manager has been using his.

By the way, all this ‘tired’ garbage.

They are privileged to be earning a living, playing professional football.

I played football for years in three leagues Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday in all conditions and weather, and missed one game through injury.

I was never ‘Tired’ and asked to miss a game and it never affected my performance, and I was consistently outstanding (cough).

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Keep up the good work Mick.

There have been 3 or 4 games like the ones mentioned where we've been really poor under Mick.

Difference is Mick has come out after those games and said we were poor, whereas Harris used to come out and describe such performances as "excellent".

That alone makes me feel a bit better.

I support whoever is the manager of Cardiff City and try to give them a chance and see what they can do. Thats what fans are supposed to do.
    Very noble of you, but you didn't answer any of my questions. I repeat, you were one of Neil Harris's biggest supporters on this board and regarded anyone who could see his obvious deficiencies as an idiot. So how are you feeling about the situation now? Do you think you were right to continually berate all those who believed Harris should go? Do you still believe he was the right man for the job? Do you still maintain he deserved to keep his job and anyone who thought otherwise was a fool?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Of course they were. Has anyone watched the recent reruns of the play off semi against Leicester?

Some people on here have very short memories.
    Premier League quality football. Probably the most exciting and thrilling game - and close to the best atmosphere - I've ever experienced.

Very noble of you, but you didn't answer any of my questions. I repeat, you were one of Neil Harris's biggest supporters on this board and regarded anyone who could see his obvious deficiencies as an idiot. So how are you feeling about the situation now? Do you think you were right to continually berate all those who believed Harris should go? Do you still believe he was the right man for the job? Do you still maintain he deserved to keep his job and anyone who thought otherwise was a fool?
    Thought my answer was plain enough for most people to understand but seeing as you were obviously struggling, yes to all your questions. I give my full support to anyone who is manager of Cardiff City. Whether they stay or get sacked is nothing to do with me. I am a Cardiff City fan, enjoy supporting them and don't have an agenda against the owner or club, unlike you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post

He plays Moore, to exhaustion.

By the way, all this ‘tired’ garbage.
    You're so desperate to criticse the club by now that you're contradicting yourself in the same posts

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You're so desperate to criticse the club by now that you're contradicting yourself in the same posts
    Well spotted. 😄😄 Wish I had seen it !!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I also imagine that the intensity, pressure and concentration required in professional football is SLIGHTLY higher than the of parks football...

Thought my answer was plain enough for most people to understand but seeing as you were obviously struggling, yes to all your questions. I give my full support to anyone who is manager of Cardiff City.
    Excellent. So what you're saying is that, if they weren't doing so already, everyone else can immediately disregard any opinions you express on this message board regarding the managers or the players as those opinions are never based on any kind of reasoned analysis of results or performances, but rather they are based on nothing more than your blind devotion to the football club. I'm glad we've finally cleared that up.

However, it's a bit of a concern that you answered yes to all of my questions. After all, if you genuinely believe Neil Harris deserved to keep his job and anyone who thought otherwise was a fool, then it's clear you don't think much of Vincent Tan and Mehmet Dalman - the men who sacked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    That second leg v Leicester, is up there for me as some of the best attacking football I’ve ever seen us play, even though we ‘lost’ 3-2.

The entertainment and drama that night, was second to none.
    It also highlights a fundamental weakness in those sides that meant we kept missing out on promotion. In pressure games, opponents were pretty good at finding the back of our net, so for all of our good attacking play, it always ultimately meant bugger all.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I also imagine that the intensity, pressure and concentration required in professional football is SLIGHTLY higher than the of parks football...
    Rubbish, in parks football you get the crap kicked out of you.

Current pro football, you can’t touch anyone.

Bring back the tackle from behind!

Excellent. So what you're saying is that, if they weren't doing so already, everyone else can immediately disregard any opinions you express on this message board regarding the managers or the players as those opinions are never based on any kind of reasoned analysis of results or performances, but rather they are based on nothing more than your blind devotion to the football club. I'm glad we've finally cleared that up.

However, it's a bit of a concern that you answered yes to all of my questions. After all, if you genuinely believe Neil Harris deserved to keep his job and anyone who thought otherwise was a fool, then it's clear you don't think much of Vincent Tan and Mehmet Dalman - the men who sacked him.
    Stop bullying him, the blokes clueless

You asked for an answer, I gave you one and you don't seem happy about that either ! Mr Tan owns the club and can appoint whoever he likes to manage it. Perhaps you should take on a bit of my ‘blind devotion’ for the club, it might do you good and hopefully get you out of the trough of despond that you have been stuck in for the last 11 years since Mr Tan took over. I don't care whether people disregard my opinions or not, they are my opinions and I am entitled to give them. Perhaps you would like to write my posts for me ? You already appear to be interpreting them (wrongly) for people and putting words in my mouth. Reasoned analysis, don't make me laugh, there is nothing reasoned or analytical about your hysterical ravings about the club or Mr Tan since you threw your toys out of the pram after the rebrand. The fact that you are getting backing from Bluebird23 recently (who appears to be stalking you by the way) says it all for me - the delusions of a pair of non fans of the club.

You asked for an answer, I gave you one and you don't seem happy about that either.
    On the contrary, I was greatly amused by your answers. You’ve tied yourself in knots and once again demonstrated that you don’t have any actual opinions of your own at all.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Premier League quality football. Probably the most exciting and thrilling game - and close to the best atmosphere - I've ever experienced.
    Incredible atmosphere and tension.

But, Man City 3-2 at home was right up there with it.

You asked for an answer, I gave you one and you don't seem happy about that either ! Mr Tan owns the club and can appoint whoever he likes to manage it. Perhaps you should take on a bit of my ‘blind devotion’ for the club, it might do you good and hopefully get you out of the trough of despond that you have been stuck in for the last 11 years since Mr Tan took over. I don't care whether people disregard my opinions or not, they are my opinions and I am entitled to give them. Perhaps you would like to write my posts for me ? You already appear to be interpreting them (wrongly) for people and putting words in my mouth. Reasoned analysis, don't make me laugh, there is nothing reasoned or analytical about your hysterical ravings about the club or Mr Tan since you threw your toys out of the pram after the rebrand. The fact that you are getting backing from Bluebird23 recently (who appears to be stalking you by the way) says it all for me - the delusions of a pair of non fans of the club.
    The irony and hypocrisy of this post coming from you of all people, comedy gold!

Thank you for the entertainment!

Always liked him ,straight talking man, good sense of humour, similar to Warnock in some ways better version though .

Best of all he's no man's fool , gets to the point in a simple way , as he says the game is not that complicated.