+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joel Bagan

Joel Bagan

Anyone been told by people “in the know” when he is likely to return to 1st team contention?

Re: Joel Bagan

I'm not itk of anything, but Google says that a dislocated shoulder is 6 weeks out, which would put us at the middle of April.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm not itk of anything, but Google says that a dislocated shoulder is 6 weeks out, which would put us at the middle of April.
    That’s madness, I was playing 2 weekends after I did mine. MotoGP riders race the next day. The first time is the worst, the following times it’s a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    That’s madness, I was playing 2 weekends after I did mine. MotoGP riders race the next day. The first time is the worst, the following times it’s a lot easier.
    Hardly the same is it.
    MotoGP isn't a contact sport.

Nor are every person's shoulder joints the same. In Bagan's case there could be more serious muscular damage.

MacAdder, why is it much easier after the first time? Just interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    MacAdder, why is it much easier after the first time? Just interested.
    I can answer that for you.Once you do it the first time it doesn't heal as strong.I t gets progressively easier each time this occurs and only an op can make it good as new so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I can answer that for you.Once you do it the first time it doesn't heal as strong.I t gets progressively easier each time this occurs and only an op can make it good as new so to speak.

Didn't Bryan Robson, suffer with this all his career. Always kept "popping out"

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Didn't Bryan Robson, suffer with this all his career. Always kept "popping out"
    Popping out to the pub was a Robson characteristic as well

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Hardly the same is it.
    MotoGP isn't a contact sport.

Nor are every person's shoulder joints the same. In Bagan's case there could be more serious muscular damage.
    I would say there's more pressure on the shoulder on MotoGP than there is playing football

Anyone remember Paul Went going off the field with a dislocated shoulder with his arm in the air against Crystal Palace and coming back on the field 10 minutes later after the physio put it back in. These days a dislocated shoulder is 6 weeks out.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I would say there's more pressure on the shoulder on MotoGP than there is playing football
    Don't you think that would depend on how hard you push yourself on the bike and on the field?

All I know is that in Bagan's case if he is not 100% sure that a knock or a fall would not hinder his performance, or worse set him back further, then he should not be playing football.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Anyone remember Paul Went going off the field with a dislocated shoulder with his arm in the air against Crystal Palace and coming back on the field 10 minutes later after the physio put it back in. These days a dislocated shoulder is 6 weeks out.
    Gary Croft popped his back in on the side of the dugout!

Having said that, I think the first one is the worst one.